Original Stories Fan Fiction / Angels Fan Fiction ❯ Angel and Demon Wars ❯ Chapter Fourteen - Reunion ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Angel and Demon Wars
-
Chapter Fourteen
-
© 2008 Ohne Sie
-
 
When Ryu and Ami reached the forest, the unicorns were waiting for them. “Emiko?” Ami asked, not knowing which of the unicorns she was.
 
One unicorn stepped forward and transformed into the girl Ami had seen before. “Ami, you're back. And this must be the sorcerer?” She smiled at him.
 
He nodded nervously. “I'm Ryu…uh…sorry about, you know…casting that spell…”
 
Emiko frowned. “Why are you sorry? It's the greatest thing that's ever happened to me. I always wanted to thank you for it.”
 
“Really?” Ryu's eyes widened. “I didn't intend to…make you like this. I really just wanted to talk to you.”
 
“Well, we're talking.” Emiko smiled. “What did you want to say?”
 
“I don't know,” he admitted. He looked at her. “I'm pretty good at this, though.”
 
“At what?” Emiko asked.
 
“Making animals human,” he said. “I mean, not that you're just animals or anything, just…”
 
“I understand.” Emiko laughed.
 
“You're just…you make a pretty girl. Wow.”
 
Ami stifled a giggle. Emiko grinned at him. “I have a suggestion for you.”
 
“What?” Ryu asked.
 
“If you could do it, you should cast the same spell on yourself. That way you could talk to all of us. And you could see what it's like to be a unicorn.”
 
“I…suppose…I guess I could…” He picked up his staff and closed his eyes. He waved the staff around, shouting a seemingly random combination of words. To Ami, it sounded like he said, “Chipmunk ice cube toe jam fire!” but she couldn't be sure.
 
Ryu was still human. He frowned. “Did it not work?”
 
“Try to become a unicorn,” Emiko told him. “See what happens.”
 
Ryu closed his eyes, concentrating. “I'm a unicorn, I'm a unicorn, I'm a—“ His words turned to a whinny. He opened his eyes.
 
Emiko smiled. “Turn back.” Ryu did.
 
“Wow, that was awesome!” He grinned.
 
Emiko smiled back at him and turned to Ami. “Thank you for bringing him here. But…where are your friends?”
 
“It's a long story. We split up. We're in a hurry and we have a long way to go before time runs out. And they don't realize it. I don't blame them, because they don't know, but…”
 
Emiko nodded. “Well, you helped us, so we can help you.”
 
“You've already helped me,” Ami said. “You saved us from the troll and gave us a horn.”
 
“And you saved us from the troll and brought the sorcerer to me so that I could thank him. You've done much more for me than I could ever repay you for. Please, let us help you.”
 
“How?”
 
“It will be much faster for you and your friends if you ride on our backs.”
 
“That's true, but…”
 
Emiko turned back into a unicorn. She gestured toward two of the other unicorns and Ryu, who also turned into a unicorn. She knelt before Ami. Ami climbed on her back.
 
“We have to find the others first…so let's go...” She glanced at the map. “Southeast.” As soon as she said it, Emiko and the other unicorns were racing through the village, ignoring the amazed looks of the townspeople, and into the forest, toward Maeko, Sadako, and Ichigo.
 
“Is that them?” Ami wondered aloud. She saw what looked like people heading their way. “Stop!” she shouted. The unicorns halted just before trampling the three girls. Ami climbed off Emiko's back and walked toward her friends.
 
The three girls looked in amazement at Ami and the unicorns. “We saved that man's life,” Sadako said finally.
 
“I found Ryu,” Ami said.
 
“That's cool. So…let's continue, then?” Maeko suggested.
 
Ami nodded and gestured toward the unicorns. “They're going to help us.”
 
“Sweet.” Sadako climbed on the back of one of the unicorns, who held still while she settled in. Maeko and Ichigo did the same. Finally, Ami climbed on Emiko's back.
 
“So…north?” Maeko asked.
 
Ami nodded. And the unicorns took off.