Original Stories Fan Fiction / Horror Fan Fiction ❯ Reverie ❯ Part 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
awoke with a start, because of my cat, Oreo, pawing at my face and purring as it curled up next to me. I was back in my room, and I had no idea how. I started to feel sick then, my head throbbed, my throat burned and I felt like someone punched me in the gut. I ran into the bathroom next to my room and vomited everything that was inside my empty stomach. The scent of lavender rose up from my vomit. After what seemed like hours, I finished vomiting up everything I could and I pressed my face on the cold, marble ground of the bathroom floor, trying to calm myself down. That’s when I saw it; my calendar. It said February 29th.
“That couldn’t have been all a dream…” I thought as I got up to check the calendar. My parents updated the calendar on a daily basis, even if something like death had occurred within the family.

I got up and walked back to my room and found the note that my parents had left me on the desk, where I had found it before. Nothing was making sense right now. All I kept hearing in my head was the voice of the thing saying “We’ll be back”. I never wanted to go back to sleep again.