Original Stories Fan Fiction / Realism Fan Fiction ❯ Aqua ❯ Planet Ateroid ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Four
Planet Ateriod
 
 
“What do you mean my son is missing?!” the Night-n-Gale king hissed at his Royal Captain in anger, with his back to him. The captain seemed slightly worried by his king's mood, but nonetheless continued, “Not missing exactly, sire. We just can't find him anywhere on the planet. My guess is that he went off planet without telling anyone and got into a spot of trouble. Don't worry, sire, I have three teams of guards searching for him in every solar system you rule and oversee.”
 
King Erald turned on his heel to face his guard and snapped, “You'd better find him, Lackardel, otherwise it's your head. Understood?” Lackardel turned slightly paler than usual, but his green ears remained straight up as he bowed his way out.
 
“Don't you think that was a little harsh?” Queen Taraina asked her husband. “I mean, he's been a faithful servant to us for little over twenty years now. You didn't have to threaten him like you did.” She walked out from the shadows to stand beside him at the window he was currently staring out.
 
“Perhaps it was a little harsh, but it was necessary. After all, it's his job to keep track of our son,” Erald sighed, rubbing his temple in frustration. “Besides, with his ability to see the future, he should have no problem knowing what's in store for him if he doesn't find our heir.”
 
* * *
 
After Lackardel left the king's presence, he headed straight for the barracks to put together another team to help search the quadrants. This one he would head himself, and make sure that everything was done right.
 
He quickly went over all the members in the Royal guard that he had personally hand-picked and found that only three of these remaining on the planet that hadn't already been sent on an off world mission, or who weren't already out searching, were really capable of producing the kind of results he would expect from his top ranking officers.
 
Inwardly, he groaned. It was too small a number to really be thorough. He quickly realized, though, that if he, the Captain of the Royal Guard of the Night-n-Gale royal family, went gallivanting around with an entire battalion it would send alarm bells through the other planets that the Night-n-Gales had formed alliances with and ruled over and would send the message that they were turning hostile and taking power by force now. If they thought that, they might form a rebellion and revolt against the ones that they had thought to be a fair, neutral ruling family.
 
That was the last kind of message that they wanted to spread. It would be better if they traveled in a smaller group and looked like they were doing yearly round of updates on the other planets' well being, while casually asking questions about the young Night-n-Gale prince. This was probably the brightest idea that he had had since Prince Darain's disappearance.
 
Then he made his way quickly to chambers that Arisan, the first of his three choices, and several other females shared due to lack of berthing space. He paused at the door before he opened it, and wondered briefly if it was a good idea to go barging unannounced into female quarters, before he flung the door open and walked in.
 
What he saw were several females half dressed in their daily uniforms, either changing for a few hours of rest or for duty. They all turned to look at him as he turned an interesting shade of red before they screamed and began throwing random things at him. He covered his face with his arms and retreated from the room apologizing profusely, but not before a heavy alarm clock struck him in the back of the head and set stars blinking in front of his eyes.
 
The door slammed shut behind him. A few moments later, one of the females came out in proper attire and asked, “Captain, what was that all about?”
 
Lackardel, still slightly embarrassed at having walked in on them while they were in the middle of changing, said, “I was looking for you, Arisan. By now, I'm sure, you've heard that Prince Darain has…um…been misplaced, and I wanted you to join me on a search team to try and locate him.” Arisan laughed a little at him and nodded as she thought, This is the Captain we all know and respect.
 
Luckily, the males were still sound asleep in their bunks. All Lackardel had to do was creep quietly around until he found Jonathan and Terald, the other two he wanted to go with him. He picked up their clothes and threw them at the sleeping males. “Wake up, we're leaving in five minutes on a search to find Prince Darain.” Then he left Jonathan and Terald to scurry out of bed, get dressed, and follow him.
 
* * *