Original Stories Fan Fiction / Realism Fan Fiction ❯ Aqua ❯ Prologue

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Prologue
 
Three figures cloaked in shadows stood around a floating crystal orb. In it they saw a green eyed, auburn haired teen girl. She was being led away by two uniformed people, but they were too small to really read the badges that adorned their uniforms, and thus find out who the captors of the girl were.
 
“This will set our plans back quite a bit,” one said in a smooth, metallic voice. The other two nodded their agreement and a second asked, “When will her powers begin to manifest?”
 
Silence…
 
“The powers of her race do not begin to appear until after seventeen years of life, if at all,” the third commented. “How do we know that her powers will ever manifest in the first place? Could it be that we are just wasting our time, investing our interests in this child?”
 
The first spoke again, “Her blood lines are pure. There is a ninety-eight percent chance that she will inherit her father and mothers powers. The other two percent is irrelevant; this girl will be an essential weapon in our war.”
 
“You're sure about her?” the third one pressed.
 
“Very,” the first replied smoothly, hiding her annoyance at being questioned so much. “She will be perfect in every sense.”
 
“How can you be sure that the others of that filthy race will not come for her?” the third snarled quietly.
 
“Her mother was rouge so they have no knowledge of the daughter. How can they claim one that does not exist?” the first retorted, annoyance tingeing her voice now.
 
“There could be a flaw to this plan of yours,” the third pointed out. “They could have contacts on that backwash planet…”
 
“Enough,” she hissed. “If there are, they won't get past her handler.”
 
“Yes, just like those humans couldn't get her away from him,” the third said, his voice heavy with sarcasm.
 
“How do you know she will submit to our will when she is brought to us? Isn't there also a rebellious streak that runs in her family and race?” the second asked quietly, drawing the other two's attention from each other to him.
 
A cruel smile twisted at the first's lips as she said, “One way or another, she will submit to us. Whether she wants to or not, she will be our perfect weapon.”
 
* * *