Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Flame of Love ❯ Volume Six, Chapter Forty-Two: Levels ( Chapter 42 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Levels

Women are confusing. Hideki and Ryo find this out the hard way.

-Hideki-

Women confuse me sometimes. I can't tell what's on Michi-chan's mind today. Ever since this afternoon, she been in a bad mood.

“Michi-chan, what's wrong?” I asked. She looked up at me, frowning.

“Do you think I'm pretty?” she asked. I blinked at her.

“Well, yes…”

“Do you really?”

“Yeah.” I put my arm around her shoulders. “What's the matter?”

Michi-chan shook her head. She looked kind of cute when she's vulnerable like this. I gently put my hand to her chin. This felt like one of those situations where saying the wrong thing could spark off a nasty fire.

“Listen,” I said. “If something's on your mind, tell me.” Michi-chan sighed as she shook her head.

“I just…” she began.

“What?”

My love pressed her lips together and shook her head. “It's nothing.”

I tilted my head. “Are you sure?”

“It's nothing.”

“But…”

“I said, I'm fine!” She pushed me off and walked away. I stared at her, blinking. What just happened? I don't understand the moods of women sometimes.

-Ryo-

Women confuse me sometimes. Kagome's been upset since yesterday. I tried to talk to her.

“Kagome,” I said. “What's the matter?” She wouldn't even turn to face me. My beautiful angel stared out the window. I sat down next to her.

“Talk to me,” I pleaded. Kagome sighed and rolled her eyes.

“Kagome-chan?” I asked, putting my arm around her shoulders.

“Don't touch me!” she snapped, pushing me off.

“What's your problem?”

She glared at me. The icy gaze sent a chill down my spine. Oh no, what did I do now? Kagome sighed.

“Look,” I said. “I'm sorry for whatever it is that I did…”

“Stop,” she cut in. “Just stop!”

I drew my mouth closed. “Kagome…”

“Shut up!” She turned back to the window. I don't like it when she gets like this. I'm running out of things to say too.

“Ryo-kun,” Kagome-chan spoke up. I lifted my head.

“Yeah?” I asked. She turned to face me with a sad expression.

“Do you really love me?” she asked.

“Why would you ask me that?” I asked back.

“Just answer my question.”

“Yes, I do.” I didn't expect what to do next when she rushed forward and embraced me. My eyes shifted towards her.

“Kagome-chan?” I asked.

“I love you so much!” she wailed. “I love you! I love you! I love you!” I reluctantly took her into my arms. I don't know what just happened there. I don't get her at all sometimes.

-Outside-

Women can be so confusing. Men should just be there and listen. If they try to fix the problem, it will only get worse. Luckily from men, this too will past quietly.

Confusing Love