Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Flame of Love ❯ Volume Eight, Chapter Fifty-Five: Love at New Year's Eve ( Chapter 55 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Love at New Year's Eve

Last day of the year.

A chance for more love? Michiko thought so.

-Michiko-

She snuggled on her boyfriend. “Baby.” Michiko nuzzled him on his ear. Hideki chuckled.

“Yes?” he asked.

“Wow me with romance,” she whispered. “Please?” Michiko moved in front and sat on his lap.

“And how shall I do that?”

Her face came within inches of his. “Wow me.”

Hideki whistled. He kissed her on the lips. Michiko had high expectations from today. His lips curved into a smile.

“Marry me,” Hideki said. “Marry me again.” Michiko's heart raced in her chest. Her cheeks became flushed. Hideki put his finger to her lips when she tried to speak.

“Let me persuade you,” he said in a low voice. “I want to take you out on a date.”

“Yes,” Michiko murmured. He kissed her on the forehead.

-------

The adults went to have hot soba for lunch. Hideki looked over at Michiko on the walk to the restaurant.

“Sorry I couldn't book us something fancy,” he said.

“That would be boring,” she said. “You're supposed to wow me tonight.” She leaned on his body, snuggling him. Hideki smiled to himself.

“Okay,” he said. The man took around at the streets. The light snow from the other day had to melt. There weren't many people around either. Hideki began to blush.

“Michi-chan,” he spoke up.

“Hm?” Michiko asked.

“When was the last time we went out for New Year's Eve lunch, just the two of us?”

“Oh, wow. Let's see…” She did a quick count on her fingers. “About… five years, maybe?”

“It's almost like nothing has changed.”

“What makes you say that?”

“It's just you and I. Kids at home. The year's about to end. We are all lovey-dovey.”

“Ah.” Michiko thought about all of that. “I think you're right.”

The couple arrived at the restaurant. The young hostess showed them to a table. Hideki and Michiko read over their menus. He glanced over at her.

“Hey Michi-chan,” he said.

“Yeah?” she asked.

“What do you think our future will be like?”

She glanced up at him. “I think you've asked me this before.”

“Have I?”

“Yes, it was the last New Year's Eve lunch we had together. You asked me that then too.”

“You sure?”

“Yes.” Michiko closed up her menu. “But I'll answer that for you.”

“Okay…”

“I see us married. The house to ourselves when Ryo-kun and Kagome-chan move out. Our kids leading happy successful lives. Our grandchildren coming to visit us. Us growing old and dying.”

“That sounds nice.”

“Yeah.”

Then, Hideki paused. “Wait… Are you saying yes?”

Michiko smiled. “Why yes I am. I will marry you again.”

As much as Hideki wanted to run around, screaming in joy, he cleared his throat.

“Thank you,” he said instead. “You've made me the happiest man in Osaka.” The couple were ready to make their orders when the waitress arrived at their table.

They would shop for the ring after lunch.

Happy New Year's