Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Game of Revenge ❯ Chapter 3

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Jack scoured the ground, searching.
Something…anything…something so that I can find him… the bastard who did this… He looked further along the alleyway. Footprints of red, trailing around the corner, and he rushed to follow them. He looked around for the trail's continuation, hope gleaming in his eyes, only to see them disappear into the dark, oily puddles on the cobblestone.
Jack began searching feverously, his fury consuming him, kicking the puddles and sending up sprays of dirty water. He found the trail again, faint, but shining brightly, horrendously, against the black cobblestone. He followed them blindly, obsessively, finding them for a short distance only to lose them again as rain began to fall from a sky that reflected his torment and turmoil.
Soon, in the downpour, he lost them entirely. He bellowed in ire to the darkness, the rain,
“DAMN! DAMN IT! I'll never find him!”
He slammed his fist into a wall, quivering with rage, as angry tears burned at his eyes, threatening him with their release. He felt so helpless, knowing that his situation was nearly futile, as the evidence was washed away into the gutters by the rain that hammered upon the ground.
He then mentally collapsed, sobbing, his tears barely showing, merging with the rain that drenched him to the bones, increasing his misery and frustration. Suddenly, without warning, a wave of fatigue hit him mercilessly and he felt the waves of desperation and weakness bearing down on him, weighing heavily on his body and soul. He sank to his knees on the muddy ground as he felt his eyelids drop, shutting out the world, the rain, and then everything went black.