Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Haven ❯ Volume #6, Chapter #28: Bonez ( Chapter 28 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Bonez

He was supposed to be dead. In fact, he was dead that night. His body was being taken to the morgue. The typical story would've ended there.

Then something odd happened.

His still heart jumped. Bonez opened his eyes. But how? He had a bullet in his brain. At first, he couldn't move. No life flowed in a permanently damaged brain. His eyes didn't even move.

By the time the coroner returned to the autopsy room, the body was gone.

Slowly, his broken mind came back together. He remembered being shot. He saw who did it.

In life, women were his weakness. He learned that one finally did him in. He gave what he tried to call a smile.

Gretchen.

She was one of the best. She came from a hard life. He promised to give her a better life. She fell hard for his lies. He just couldn't stay faithful. Bonez loved the ladies. He left a trail of broken hearts in his path. It would be a matter of time…

There are others involved. Oh yes. More people were there, but he can't remember who. They were always there. One was really loyal to him. Why? He couldn't remember. It all just floated, but never connected. Then again, it couldn't connect anymore. His brain lit up, but not functioning.

So how was he moving?

There's an invader in his body. But why him? Out of all people too. Everyone knew he died. But now that motive was falling apart with other problems developing.

Maybe it's time to end it all. But why him?

None of it makes sense. It's all gone to shit. Someone has to stand up and put an end to the speeding train wreck. It's tempting to let it all crash. But…

Two people don't deserve that. Maybe they need an out. They didn't seem to know how to achieve this.

Someone has to stand up and do something. Somebody has to. But why him?

-Present Day-

Gretchen froze as her eyes widened.

“No…” she said. She grew pale as she frantically shook her head.

“This can't be!” the boss-wannabe shouted. “You're supposed to be dead!” Everyone's eyes widened as their jaws dropped. The stranger laughed as he took off his hood.

“No way!” Ozzy shouted. Bonez stood before them, grinning.

“Yo,” he said, waving.

Down and Out