Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Here is the Warmth of the Fire ❯ Here in the Warmth of the Fire ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Here in the Warmth of the Fire
Here, in the light of the fire, I find myself in your strong arms, holding me safe and secure, never burning, ever warming.
 
One hour ago...
 
“Hey Tim.”, started my friend Sam.
 
“Yeah Sam?”, I asked in reply.
 
“What would you say... If I told you that... I was gay?”, I burst out laughing.
 
“Id say, well DUH! Anyone with half a brain could figure that out.”, I said to him, hoping it wasn't to hurtful.
 
I kneeled down and began setting up my tent.
 
Ever warming, ever bright. You hold me here, bathing me in beauty... Lovingly in the orange glow of firelight.
 
Forty-five minutes ago...
 
I just finished putting the final touches on my tent.
 
“You know... That was a really courageous thing you did, coming out I mean... Even just to me...”
 
Sam laughed.
 
He was bigger then me, but he was one of the kindest people I had ever met, gentle and kind, cowardly at times.
 
“Thanks”, he said to me.
 
And the cooling blackness in a circle around us, hugging and nipping playfully at out backs, eating the light and heat and burn of the fire.
 
Half and hour ago...
 
I sat shivering infront of the fire as my naked form began to heat up.
 
“I still cant believe you jumped in the river with your cloths on!”, cackled Sam, wiping a tear from his eye.
 
I shivered.
 
“Here...”, I felt him wrap his arms around me, the his whole body, spooning me , warming my back and the front began to dry.
 
“I love you...”, I heard him whisper.
 
As the twinkling sensation of twilight fades from the mood and the stars glow bright over our heads I can tell that you really do love me.
 
Fifteen minutes ago...
 
I could feel him kissing along the back of my neck playfully.
 
“I love you too.”, I said in response to the kisses.
 
We both lay naked in your sleeping bag, waiting for sleep to claim us, he giggled and groped all around, not meaning anything really.
 
The fire was burning hot, reflecting exactly how I felt at this moment. Like a single flame in an inferno of passion and love.
 
I could tell he felt the same way.
 
Here, in the light of the fire, I find myself in your strong arms, holding me safe and secure, never burning, ever warming.
 
Your wet breath still on the back of my neck as you sleep I myself embark to slumber land, where I dream of him, and us, and loving each other forever, never having to wake up.