Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Nishi Kaze ❯ Vol. 2, Chapter Fifteen: Lady Dreamer ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Lady Dreamer
*Annette*
I am a girl with big dreams. I want to be many things. But looking at my current circumstance, my dreams look grim and empty. I live with my ill grandmother at the moment. (My father works overseas and my mother left us years ago.) I have to take care of her every single day. As much as I don't really want to at times, but it's my duty.
I have many dreams but I mostly wanted to be an actress or a singer. When I was younger, my grandmother and I would watch Audrey Hepburn movies all day. I was fascinated by her. I wanted to be just like her. I would put on little plays for my dolls and grandmother. Those were fun times.
When I got older, I signed up for drama club. I had fun and met many people there. Those were great times. But then, something went wrong.
It happened when I was fifteen years old. I was coming home from school when I found my grandmother lying on the ground out cold. Scared to death, I phoned for help right away. It was lucky I did. Any second longer, and she would've been dead.
My grandmother had become terminally ill. Since no one could get a hold of my parents, I ended taking care of her. I had to feed, bathe, dress, and give her her medicine. I even read to my grandmother at times. My life was so full with school and caring for my grandmother that I had to give up drama club to make ends meet. I probably would've given up school as well if Uma, grandmother's day, nurse hadn't stepped in to help. (A woman's education shouldn't be thrown away, the doctors told me.) I became so frustrated and depressed at times that I wished my grandmother would die so I would be free to live my life again. Looking back now, I'm glad she didn't.
The only things that keep me going are my dreams and Yuki's support. Yuki is my best friend. We have been there for each other since we were ten. During the summer, Yuki and I would like on the warm green grass and watch the clouds pass by above.
One day, I asked him, “Yuki what do you want to be when you grow up?” He turned to me and smiled. “A father!” he exclaimed. “You?” I smiled back at him. “An actress.” I said. We smiled at each other for a moment. “You'll be a great actress!” Yuki said to me at last. “And you'll be a great father.” I said back to him. We just laughed on the grass.
I guess that's what everyone needs. Someone to push them to keep going. That's what I have with Yuki. Just to hear him say, “You can do it, Annette. Just hang in there,” is enough to hold me together. However, I would have a couple of problems with Shizuma at first.
Dream Girl