Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Nishi Kaze ❯ Vol. 4, Chapter Twenty-Nine: Talk to Me ( Chapter 29 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Talk to Me
*Yuki*
I searched all over for my Shizuma. I looked in our usual places. I couldn't find him at all. Worry overtook me. I began to fear the worst. What if Shizu-kun really needs my help and I can't get to him in time? I have to find him. He needs me. I have to help him! I paused for a moment. I can't help Shizu-kun if I'm in a state like this. I have to be calm to help him. I shut my eyes and took in a deep breath. I took a few breaths. I opened my eyes again. I feel better now. I think better now. I began to go over all of the places that I looked for Shizu-kun in. If I wanted to get away, where would I go? Then, the answer hit me right away. “Of course!” I thought. I raced all the way to the woods.
I looked all around for my love in the forest. So far, I didn't have any luck. I couldn't give up. I just had to find him. Then, I decided to look up in the trees. And sure enough, there he was. My love sat in the trees almost out in a daze. My heart relaxed some. Good, he's safe and sound. But, I knew it wasn't over yet. Shizu-kun was in pain. He never shows his emotions, but I know. He may push me away, but I won't give up until I have helped him. I have to start now.
“Shizu-kun!” I cried out. He tried to ignore me. I stayed where I was. “Shizu-kun!” I yelled out again. “Come on, talk to me! Tell me what's wrong!” He still ignored me. But, I heard him sigh. Oh good, a little bit of a response. At least I'm getting one step on the ground.
“Come on,” I said again. “I just want to help you! Please talk to me! Tell me what's wrong! I am here for you always!” I could see my love looking at me now. I waited for him to speak.
 
*Shizuma*
I looked down at that charming idiot. He never listens to me at all. I tell him to go away, he *still* follows me around. I leave him hints, he ignores him. What the hell is wrong with this human? Is he stupid or something? *Sigh* I might as well humor him at the moment. Otherwise, he's going to hang around like a moth to a bonfire. I turned to face him.
“Why do you care?” I asked him.
“Because,” Yuki told me. “I love you and I just want to help you!” His words actually moved me. Now, I found myself in a jam. I don't want to tell him the truth at all. But yet, I can't keep this from him for too long. So what can I do? My heart began to ache again. Why do I care so much about him? He's just a human! But yet, that boy messes with my head. I can never think straight when I am around him. Damn him! Sometimes, I wish I hadn't saved him at all. No, I don't really mean that. It's just… Damn it! I really can't focus here! Then suddenly, I let some of the truth slip out of my mouth.
“I just don't want to hurt you!” I blurted out. Yuki looked at me confused.
“What do you mean?” he asked me. I froze up in a state of shock. Did I… just do what I think I just did?
“What are you talking about?” Yuki asked. “Hurt me how?” I looked away quickly.
“Just drop it, okay?” I shouted. “Drop it and go away!”
“No!” Yuki yelled back. I looked at him surprised.
“But why not?” I asked. “Why do you never listen to me?”
“Because I love you, damn it!” he yelled back. “I love you and I want to help you!” That threw me for another shock. He wants to help me? But how can he? My problems are far greater than what he can fix at all! But yet, I still kept talking.
“I drink blood!” I announced to him. Yuki stared at me in blank surprise.
“What?” he asked. My gut instinct was telling me to stop on. But, I just couldn't stop for some reason. I just kept on talking.
“Years ago,” I explained. “I tried to kill someone. She turned out to be a priestess. For my misdeeds, she put a curse to drink blood after I kill in order to survive. For years, I have fought my cravings. But now, they are resurfacing again. I just don't want you to end up as one of my victims!” Just then, my craving came back again. A tight pain shot through my chest. I couldn't breathe. “It keeps getting worse!” I thought in agony. It all slowly became black around me.
“Shizu-kun!” I heard my love cry out again. His voice sounded so far away to me. It all suddenly went black as I began falling out of the tree.
When I awoke moments later, I found myself in our den at Yuki's house. He had put me to bed in our cot. I saw Yuki sitting on the bed next to me. I looked at him confused. Why didn't he run away and leave me when he had the chance? Is he that stupid to *even* want to die by my hands? Did any of my words sink into him at all? My Yuki turned around to me.
“Oh good,” he breathed out. “You're okay! You had me really worried there for a moment! I dragged you all the way home myself.” I tried to sit up, but my love pushed me back down.
“You try to get up,” he whispered to me. “Just rest.” I did so reluctantly. Yuki smiled and lightly kissed me on the lips. I just let him do so without any resistance. He pulled away from me and sat up. I lied there in silence for a long moment.
“I don't get it…” I mumbled aloud to no one in particular. Yuki turned back to me from looking out the window.
“Don't get what?” he asked me.
“Why are you doing this?” I asked him without thinking. “Aren't you afraid I'm going to kill you? Why do you still stay with me even though I tell you to go away? Why won't you just let me be?” Yuki lightly pressed his forehead up against mine.
“Because,” he said in a low voice. “I love you. I love you and I'm going to help you no matter what. I just can't turn a blind eye when you are suffering. So, I'm not going to go away. I am going to stay with no matter what. Are I clear?” I smiled at him on that one. I sighed at him.
“Fine,” I said in defeat. “You win! I'll belong to you!” Yuki smiled back at me.
“Very good,” he replied. “I'll bring you some dinner in a few minutes. Just stay in bed and rest. I don't want you to scare me again like you did today.” I nodded at him. He smiled and blew a kiss at me before he left the room. I looked up at the ceiling. What can I say? If he wants to risk his life just to be with me, I'll let him. He won't listen to me if I chase him off anyway. Yuki just does it all out of love.
Love Will Never Quit