Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Nishi Kaze ❯ Vol. 8, Chapter Sixty-Two: How Soon is Now? ( Chapter 62 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

How Soon is Now?

-Toyota-

I can't let her go, man. I still love Ayeka. This is going to be my last chance to try. If I didn't woo the girl I loved, that was going to be it. I smacked myself in the cheek. Don't think so negatively. If Katsuya can win over Annette, I can at least try and woo Ayeka.

My final attempt took place after graduation. One of Ayeka's friends was holding a huge party. Wait, let me back up a bit. I first turned to Yuki for help. He looked so confused when I asked him.

“What?” he asked. I grabbed him by the hands.

“Please?” I asked. Yuki blinked at me.

“Why do you guys keep coming to us?” he asked. I looked him into the eyes.

“Because you and Shizuma have it all together,” he said. Okay, they did seem a bit distant lately. I tried to push that out of my head.

“Please? Can't you help me?” I asked. Yuki stared at me as he dropped his shoulders.

“What do you need to know?” he asked. I quickly bowed my head.

“Thank you so much!” I shouted. I glanced up to see him looking at me funny.

We hung around in the backyard. Asuka-san was out and work and… well, I don't know where Shizuma was. I turned to Yuki as we sat on the step.

“What do you need to know?” he asked. I sat up straight.

“I still love Ayeka!” I blurted out. Yuki tilted his head.

“Really?” he asked. I nodded his head.

“Okay…” he said.

“How do I woo her without chickening out?” I asked. “I am desperate here.” Yuki sighed.

“What do you want me to say?” he asked.

“I don't know,” he said. “Just tell me what to do.” Yuki pulled his hands out of mine and shook his head.

“Sorry,” he said. “I can't help you this time.” My face dropped.

“What?” I asked. He slowly pulled away his hands.

“Look, Shizuma and I don't have the best relationship right now,” he said.

“What?” I asked, making a face at him.

“It's complicated,” Yuki said. “Anyway, you can't always look to him and me for the perfect relationship. You have to figure out how to woo her on your own.” I sat silent. Yuki bowed his head.

“I'm so sorry,” he said. I shook my head.

“No, I'm sorry,” I said. Why didn't he say anything? We were here for him. I wish that he could've said something. Maybe, just maybe…

I pulled him into my arms for a hug.

“Uh… What are you doing?” Yuki asked.

“Shhh,” I whispered. “It's okay. It's okay.” He probably looked so confused. From there, I already decided how I was going to win Ayeka over.

---------

Now, back to the party. I looked around for Ayeka because I knew that she would be here. From what I've heard, she hadn't had a boyfriend yet. Maybe I still had a chance.

“Toyota-kun!” I heard behind me. I turned to see her friend, Naoko, waving at me with a cup in her hand.

“Oh, hey Naoko!” I said. “How have you been?” We walked towards each other and met halfway. We bowed as we greeted each other.

“Great,” she said. “And you?”

“I'm good. Is Ayeka-chan here?” I asked.

“Uh-huh,” Naoko said. “She's over by the pool.”

“Thank you so much!” I said. I bowed and hurried out to the backyard. I was marching my way there. This was it. This was going to be my last chance. Now or never. I was going to accept the answer no matter what. I took in a breath as the glass doors. Here goes. I pushed open the door.

I found Ayeka sitting on the edge of the pool with her feet in the water. She looked so cute in pink and cherry print dress and little black jacket. Oh good, she was alone. I puffed out my chest and walked over to her. She looked up and saw me getting closer. I stood, smiling at her.

“Hello,” I said. Ayeka perked up when she saw me.

“Hi,” she said. My heart fluttered in my chest, but I still had to do this. I lifted my chin.

“I love you, Ayeka-chan!” I blurted out with a red face. “Please date me!” She stared at me with cheeks so pink.

Last Chance at Love