Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Pained Music ❯ Prolouge ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The moon is high in the sky and I'm on the earth. I'm here and must suffer through this endless pain. The pain that I must acknowledge each and every day. No one cares. No one understands. Did I expect them to? I didn't so what's the point of trying to hide it. If no one notices the pain then I shouldn't have to pretend. Pretending is pointless. It's bad and it's lying.
 
Kaine stood in front of his friend. His violin was tucked under his chin and he was playing. The song was sad and depressing. The person in the room listening knew it too. But that was not Kaine's fault. But he needed to play something different.
“Kaine.” Kaino said as he stood. “You can't go playing that.”
Kaine dropped the violin to his side. “Why not?” His voice was inquiring and soft. He hated being told what he could and could not play.
Kaino looked to the younger boy. “It's too sad and depressing. No one wants to hear that at a party. I want you to redo it.”
Kaine only nodded.
“Kaine please don't be mad.” Kaino pleaded. “He couldn't have the other made at him again. He hated seeing him mad. “I'm sorry Kaine.” He watched as the other boy hopped off the stage and sighed. He wasn't listening. He never did. Not when he was like this. “Kaine.”
“I'm fine.” The teenager said. He set his violin in its case and picked it up. “I'll see you tomorrow with something different.” He was about to walk away when arms reached around him.
“Alright.” The voice whispered in his ear. “I'll see you tomorrow.” Kaino let his arms drop to the side and watched his friend walk away.
 
Note: The very first paragraph was the music Kaine played. How it would be expressed in words.