Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Sacrifice ❯ The Truth About Vampires ( Chapter 56 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

XxXxXx

Sacrifice

By: Melissa Norvell

Chapter 56: The Truth About Vampires

XxXxXx

"I can...tell you..." Hiroshima responded as Azmy saddened and looked to the suffering man with an expression of sympathy as she weakly said his name.

"Hiro-kun, you should try to rest," Tsurugi wasn't so sure that his lover should be stressing himself to even speak at this point. He was far too hurt for that and needed to simply lay there until the conversion was over.

But the man was far too stubborn for that.

Hiroshima arose slowly but half-way up, he clutched the blonde's shirt tightly in his shaky hands before his grip loosened and he slid down his form, falling to his knees. Somehow, the sheer contact of his knees hitting the ground sent a surge of pain coursing through his form.

"I was..." The legend couldn't manage a word more. He simply clutched the olive-green scarf and pulled it off, revealing his man bite wounds.

Fife's eyes widened upon the sight laid out before him. 'He was bitten.' The prince thought to himself as he spoke up. "There are too many bite maks to revert you back."

"Why didn't you tell us?" Keiji was a bit perturbed at the legend. There he went keeping secrets from them and this time, it was something very big. He wasn't quite sure if he was going to get over this, as he had in the past. The more Hiroshima hid the more unpredictable he became in the drummer's eyes.

"Yeah, that is something we'd like to know," Ko agreed. Having a vampire on their team as a permanent member was unsettling enough as it was but having it be Hiroshima of all people was twice as bad. He was already an unpredictable being and now he was a legend and a vampire.

"You mean you're going to be a vampire now?" Chichiri asked. In his mind Hiroshima was voted least likely to become something like that, since he seemed more then happy with his current form. Then a horrified look crossed his face. "You're not going to want to suck my blood, are you?"

The legend clutched at his chest as another searing pain coursed through him. He threw back his head and screamed in agony.

Chichiri held out his hands as a freaked out look crossed his face. "I'm sorry! Please don't flip out on me!!" He didn't mean to upset Hiroshima any more then he already had. On top of that, it was hardly good for his current condition. That and he didn't want to become the angel's prey.

Hiroshima's head fell forward into Tsurugi's chest and the blonde angel wrapped his arms around his lover, as he panted into his chest. The spiky-haired angel's skin felt cold to the touch and Tsurugi could see that fangs had formed in his mouth.

"It will take him a while to convert. We need to wait," Constantine advised. There was no use in going forward or facing off against the Holy Army while Hiroshima was in the condition that he was in, even though the angel may argue with that logic.

"I'm sorry Hiroshima-sama, I really have been an inconvenience to you," Fife looked as if he'd felt a little badly for what happened. If he only could have told the truth from the beginning, things might not have gone this far. If only they didn't go to Sumeria. It seemed as if it was some sort of sick payback.

Tsurugi rose when Hiroshima tried to stand again. The weakened legend took a few steps forward but his knees buckled and he fell forward. His mate couldn't catch his falling form in time but Keiji quickly got in front of him and safely caught him. Tsurugi thanked the young man for what he'd done before he was leveled with a look of understanding from Keiji.

"He did this for you, didn't he?" The drummer could tell by the regret in his eyes. There was no doubt that Tsurugi felt bad for something.

"Yes, he did..." Heavenly blue eyes looked down in sorrow as tears began to form at the corners of the saddened angel's eyes.

"Be happy," Keiji's look hardened and at those strongly said words, Tsurugi looked at him with a look of surprise. "Be happy that someone loves you that much." Green eyes fell on the pained male's form that he held in his hands. Hiroshima was surprisingly light for someone who was a good six foot tall and possessed four large wings. Keiji thought that maybe his bones were hollow like a bird's so that he could lift himself off of the ground easier. After all, angels were similar to birds in many ways.

"Keiji...kun..." Fife was a little surprised by Keiji's show of maturity. He had, no doubt, changed a lot since they had first met in Saesugawa.

"He's resting now. His body has finished the conversion and it's left him weak. However, we do need someone to become a martyr to his cause," Constantine advised.

"Martyr?" Azmy questioned with a cock of her head.

"A donor- the young and newly infected have a hard time dealing with the rush of new emotions, strength and mental capabilities. Most desperately try to hang on to their new life but it's always a struggle," the blonde vampire replied.

"I wonder what kind of vampire he'll be," Zephynthos mused aloud.

"There are different kinds?" Ko was a little confused. A vampire has always been simply that- a vampire. She had no idea that there were different kinds.

"Yes, there are," Zephynthos began to explain. "Classical Vampires much drink blood to survive. They are light-sensitive so he may have to wear sunglasses."

"Don't vampires turn into stone in the light...or something?" Chichiri had wanted to know the answer to that for a long time but the sun never seemed to shine much in Sumeria since the skies were always ridden with a thick blanket of grey clouds.

"No, that's a fabrication that you humans came up with. We are light sensitive to sun, light, indoor lights, ect. Some of us even blister or burn and some can even pass out. Some are also known of have strokes," Constantine replied.

"We can also suffer from day glare blindness. If it's rather hot we tend to feel weak," Zephynthos added.

"What do donors do?" Azmy asked.

"A donor is a feeding source. In order to be one you will be bitten by Hiroshima," Bass answered. "Vampires usually bite nerves and veins. They will nit bite where the carotidatery pulse is taken. It's a direct link to the heart and it will kill you."

"We are protective of our humans friends. Among vampires you are called 'sources', 'donors' or 'victims'. We don't kill our donors and we're very protective and territorial of those who belong to us. Most vampires consider the donor food- so they most likely will never be a love interest," Mikunai didn't want it to sound so scary that no one would want to help Hiroshima but he wanted to tell them all the truth about the subject.

"So I wouldn't work, would I?" Tsurugi was a little sad that it seemed like he couldn't help his mate without their relationship status dropping.

"Not if you want him to think lower of you, besides you're injured far too badly for him to drink your blood. If he does now, he may kill you," Constantine told him. Newly conformed vampires usually drink quite a bit of blood and it would only make the angel suffer more, not to mention their relationship as mates may diminish if that were to happen. As harsh as it was, she was merely trying to help him.

"Will being a vampire change his attitude?" Ko wanted to make sure that every aspect was covered so that they knew how to handle Hiroshima if he started to act differently towards them. Ko didn't want any surprises.

"Vampires are unpredictable and extremely strong. They are not human so don't forget what you're dealing with," Helix noted. It was very important for them to be cautious around him.

"Being an angel and a bad legend we never forget that he isn't human. He's always been what you've mentioned so that will be easy," Fife reminded everyone of Hiroshima's unpredictable nature.

"Some have egos worse than actors. There are many with an arrogant, elitist attitude," Helix replied. "Many are not arrogant, however. They are loyal and devoted to their friends and spouses."

"Well, I'm going to finish explaining the types before we get into any more questions," Zephynthos had been waiting to finish what he'd started for a while now and was growing a little impatient. "There are many types of vampires, as I was saying before. Inheritors are born into this lifestyle. They live many hundreds of years. They can heal quickly. They can be killed but it takes a lot to kill them. They can also eat normal food throughout their lives. It's a fable that we only have to drink blood. A lot of us enjoy find dining and wine. They make good lasting friendships with humans and they hate dead blood like that which comes in packaged meats. They prefer live blood as do Classicals. They function better in the dark. The males are sterile but the females can have children but it's difficult for them to get pregnant. Also, a lot of children are lost or die young. They are immune to human disease, however."

"You said he was going through changes. What kind of changes?" Azmy asked after he heard the black-haired vampire's explanation of Inheritor Vampires.

"His body is converting to be accustomed to drinking blood. Also, his chromosomes are being altered by the infection. He's undergoing changes in cell division and his lifespan is increasing a good two-hundred years," Zephynthos added before he reverted back to the prior subject. "As I was explaining, there are also Psi-Vamps, who drain energy in all forms. They like enhancing their mental energies. Most of the time they do it without knowing or intending to do it. No matter how much time you spend with them, you feel weak when they leave. Some do it intentionally so that they can increase their strength, others do so as a challenge- like how much they can take and they love when your mind tries to block it. Some will make you ill and care very little about their prey. Sometimes, their victims are weak from illness or diminished mental state. Some let a spirit inhabit them and feed off of its energy in an attempt to become immortal. Some wish to stop draining others but can't control it. They can also see auras easily and have a normal human lifespan.

“Classicals are not like Dracula but I suppose it's the stereotype for a Classical. Classicals must drink blood. They have sensitivity to light and Hiroshima will most likely be one of these.

“Lunas are usually mistaken for werewolves. They are sexual, sensual and earthy. They are a bit larger than normal vampires. They have a pure humans parents. They have the same feeding style as Classicals.

“Nighttimers feed on fresh and frozen blood. They hate the sun and will go into convulsions if they are out in it. They age slowly but don't live long. They are psychic and physically stronger than regular vampires.

“Sexual Vampires prey on others for sexual needs. They will do anything for sex and in the end, they only care for themselves. They use sex as a tool to get what they want and use their psychic strength to woo a victim- usually a human to become attracted to and use flattery as a tool to feed off of their sexual energy. They cement the bond and pick vulnerable people like those who are in abusive relationships or have been alone for a while. They usually aren't attractive or they are young and inexperienced. They become the perfect mate- all that is princely and everything they have dreamed of- kind, generous and loving to establish their psychic hold on their emotions. Then they aren't so kind and say that if they don't get what they want, they'll leave. So the victim agrees to do anything, even if they don't like it."

Ko sincerely hoped that Hiroshima did not become that type of vampire.

"What about the thing about not having reflections and biting you on the neck?" More questions came from Chichiri, followed by Ko.

"And drowning in water...and garlic?"

"A real vampire will never offer to meet you alone, will never turn a child and will never turn you in secret. They do have reflections," Helix informed.

"We can exist in sunlight. The cross and holy water theory is false. A steak through the heart would kill anyone and so would burning them alive," Constantine replied.

"The garlic theory is terribly false," Bass added.

"The beheading and taking out the heart is also something that would kill anyone permanently," the blonde female added.

"We're not immortal for the most part," Mikunai explained.

"We can't rise from the dead," Constantine decided to cover another myth that was common among the humans, since those two especially seemed to be brimming with questions regarding the mythology and false superstition among that vampires.

"Vampires are only three to four times stronger them humans. They aren't compelled to pick up rice or sunflower seeds either," Fife commented.

"What?" Chichiri had never heard of the latter statement before. People really believed that?

"They say that if you throw rice or sunflower seeds when a vampire is chasing you, that they will be compelled to pick them up because they are white and represent a holy barrier. If they go past it, supposedly they'd die," Zuri spoke up.

"That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard of in my life," to Ko, the idea just seemed ridiculous. She tried to make sense of that theory as she thought it over but the idea of a vampire randomly stopping to pick up rice was both entertaining and ridiculous.

"So is the garlic theory really. People come up with the dumbest things," Fife smiled as Tsurugi hugged Hiroshima, who's torso laid in his lap. The stubborn angel still clung to his lover's shirt desperately.

"Hiro-kun..."

"Shit...this hurts...like hell..."

Tsurugi held the quivering, cold man to his chest and hushed him. "Hiro-kun...It's alright."

"We can't travel with him in this condition," Keiji stated.

"We'll have to rest for a day," Treble replied. It seemed that they had no choice but he was sure that everyone was well aware of that factor already.

After the dog man stated that factor, it was like the angel came unglued. "No!" Hiroshima shouted as he clumsily stood, trembling with his knees bent. "I won't slow you down." He replied stubbornly. It would be his fault if something bad happened and he would NOT hold anyone up any longer. He would not be another inconvenience to them or Vasca, no matter how badly he was hurt. His pain was minor compared to the loss of Sumeria's king and Fife's father if the Holy Army were to get inside of the castle while they were resting.

"There are his fangs," Mikunai pointed and smiled in delight. It really was the small, yet random things that he enjoyed. That was a factor in why telling Helix that he loved him in the midst of a battle was so entertaining. The look of confusion was something that brought him sheer delight. That and acting on impulse was the perfect thing to throw off enemies, no matter what bloodlust he felt. Love mixed with bloodlust was the best kind to have. Heated passion mixed with blood and heightened feeling was among the best pleasure.

Hiroshima trudged ahead shakily as if he were literally reteaching himself to walk but the pain got to him again, causing him to clench his chest and and yell. Keiji was silent as he pondered what to do at this point, despite his anger.

"Watching him makes me hurt," Chichiri replied wearily. Hiroshima just wasn't going to give this up, was he?

"He's undoubtedly stubborn," Undine remarked.

"He won't listen to me," Tsurugi sat on the ground. "He didn't want to tell you all that he was infected because he felt like he was holding you back from seeing Vasca,:

"I don't mind if I'm slowed down," Fife replied with a smile. It was really a good thing for him, since he needed time to figure out what he was going to do about facing Vasca's disappointment and wrath over the slaying of his own sister. For the life of him, he couldn't figure out why any of the others weren't looking down upon him for it either. They should all hate him...maybe they were only pretending to like him because he was royalty.

"I feel sorry for that gent. He's in so much pain," Bass said a little sadly. He and Hiroshima were very good friends and he hated to see his friends suffer.

"I'm a predator, a hunter and true to my nature. Don't let my pleasant angelic exterior fool you. Never forget that I am what I am- a killer. That's my nature. I am a killer, so please don't forget that. It's difficult for humans to understand. In order to fully understand, you have to lose touch and accept it all. Human friendships are on my terms only,Hiroshima words seemed distant, as if he was out of touch with reality due to the pain but in many ways, they made sense.

"In that sense, you're no different than vampires," Fife made the comparison.

"You should stay still while your body converts," Mikunai decided that helping at this point was better than being random. Hiroshima was definitely in psycho mode and he had no idea what would happen if he decided to lash out at him, since newly converted vampires had a tendency to do such things out of blindness.

Keiji decided that being angry wouldn't work, so he decided to be kind to Hiroshima to get him to listen to reason. "Come on Hiroshima, you're hurting too badly for us to move on." Instead of cold and angry, his voice was warm and compassionate. Keiji even smiled a little at the pained angel to show him that they weren't disappointed in him holding them back.

"I will not slow you down!" Hiroshima shouted, both out of pain and stubbornness. This was something he truly didn't want to do. Something he felt as if he would regret and he didn't want another burden on his shoulders.

"Quit being a stubborn ass and listen to reason," Keiji's warm look turned into a glare as he stared into the tired, pained, glassy eyes of the angel. Usually, he wouldn't dare stare Hiroshima down but he'd be damned if he let him take another step forward. The legend's face softened and his eyes seemed more sorrowful then anything. He had recognized this look once before, when he was nearly slain by Elf Kaizer.

"Kid..." His voice was also softened and it even seemed kind.

"What...Hiroshima?" Keiji expected well enough. Hiroshima wasn't getting his way and he was either going to con his way out or throw another bitch fit like he normally did, which consisted of a series of rude remarks, curses, stomping around, angry faces, veins popping out of his head and fuming to himself.

But this time, the legend had submitted to him.

This time, Hiroshima was sincerely sorry for what he'd done and he realized that he was only being a bigger burden by acting the way he had.

"I'm sorry," Keiji clearly saw a look that he'd not ever seen the angel give. It was pure sorrow, even to the point that he should be crying, yet no tears came. He simply shut his eyes and fell forward into his arms.

All Keiji could do was utter his name in a surprised and touched tone as he caught the angel in his arms.

Then he lowly and kindly replied to his apology.

"I forgive you."

...To Be Continued...