Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Sacrifice ❯ Assistance ( Chapter 80 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

XxXxXx

Sacrifice

By: Melissa Norvell

Chapter 80: Assistance

XxXxXx

Ten Sao Tami ran, clutching his feather tightly to his chest. 'I've got to get out of here while Ra'shiel, Zadkiel and Nataniel finish them off! I was so close to actually obtaining the powers of those two angels.' The man thought as a swirl of wind and fire appeared in front of him. The old man skid to a stop to avoid getting burnt as he cried out in surprise as Keiji stepped through the flames with a determined look on his face.

"I bet that you didn't think I'd follow you, did you?" Keiji stared the man down.

"Gah!" Ten Sao Tami withdrew himself as he held his sacred magical item protectively to his bosom. There would be no way in hell that he let this child take it from him!

"I have you now. There's no escape for you," the green-haired boy stepped closer and closer to him as a smirk adorned the Chinese man's face.

"Stupid boy! Do you really think that you can still beat me? Just because the three angels have left me, doesn't mean that I'm any weaker. You made a mistake by coming here," Ten Sao Tami told his opponent in amusement.

"I don't have to listen to your boasting," Keiji would have none of his babbling nonsense. He charged at the old man, initiating the fight.

"Fool!" Ten Sao Tami held his feather out, sending a blast of white energy towards the green-haired boy.

Quickly, Keiji thrust his sword out. "Demon Sword! Hear my call!" He summoned fourth whatever magic that the sword held as a lime-green stream of written magic, in the same strange symbols that Fife himself wrote it, shot fourth from the blade and came spiraling towards Ten Sao Tami at a fast rate.

The two attacks collided and canceled each other out in a large explosion of magical power. As the two males stood there, staring each other down with hardened expressions.

"You're stronger than I thought," the Chinese man smirked. "This will be fun."

Keiji, didn't want to hear any of what the man had to say as he silently charged at him again, ready to take him down. 'I don't have time to waste. I've got to beat him as soon as possible, for Hiroshima's sake and everyone else's.' He thought to himself as he brought the sword down upon the man. "Demon Sword!" He called out as a yellowish orange energy surrounded the blade.

Ten Sao Tami managed to block his heated strike with the power of his feather as he held the blade at bay. Keiji pushed down on it even harder, trying to cut through the old man's magic, but Ten Sao Tami was stronger. The two seemed to have no advancement as they both struggled against each other.

"How is this possible?" Ten Sao Tami asked in shock. He had battled the boy before and he was never this strong. Was he simply hiding his powers or was it something else?

"To be truthful, I don't really know," Keiji wasn't even sure how he was holding off against the old man, much less how to operate the Demon Sword. For now, he was simply pulling ideas out of a hat with no real way of knowing what would work and what would not.

"What kind of sword is that? How did you acquire such a weapon?" Ten Sao Tami continued to question the boy.

"I don't know. I don't know what kind of sword it is. It was given to me by…my master," the boy uttered the last words softly. What he had felt for the vampire king, he was not sure, but they were fond feelings nonetheless. He wanted to make him proud for some reason and defeating Ten Sao Tami by himself would prove his worth.

"Master?" The Chinese man became confused by the boy's words regarding the subject at hand.

"Yes, I serve a vampire," Keiji continued to push down on the blade in an attempt to overpower Ten Sao Tami.

"Do you honestly think that darkness can overcome light?" Ten Sao Tami asked. Vampires were considered creatures of the night and he controlled the divine light power of the most powerful angels that they had seen. No amount of darkness could cause that light to grow dim.

"I don't really believe any of that nonsense," the boy replied as a burst of orange power blew the old man back and he landed on his feet. "I believe that you have to either outsmart, overpower or be faster than your enemy. I play by my own game."

"Maybe you're smarter than I thought, boy," the old man's smirk grew wider as he landed on his feet from being blown back. He had to admit that Keiji was putting up a good fight, but how long could he hold out against his powers?

XxXxXx

"Flame Arrow!" The possessed Nataniel fired another flame-composed arrow at the group of fighters.

"Explosion!" Fife pointed to the arrow, which burst into an explosion of magic and fire. The vampire then smiled calmly and uttered the phrase 'reverse' as the contents of the explosion shot backwards towards the red-haired angel, whose eyes widened in shock at the sudden turn of events.

"What?" Nataniel asked in shock as he was pummeled with the contents of the attack.

"Now, I'll make my strike," Hiroshima held the Crimson above his head as streams of wind swirled around it. He then pointed the blade forward and shouted the phrase 'Spiral Winds' as the winds blew the flames from the explosion and created a tunnel of fire that blasted Nataniel backwards with great force.

The white-winged angel managed to stop himself from flying completely back and stared in awe at what had just happened. This had been the first time in a long time that an angel of lower status had even managed to touch him. "I am a sun angel! How can this be? You don't even have wings," Nataniel was blasted back again by another wave of fire from his own attack.

"So, you're a sun angel?" Fife glanced to Hiroshima with a smile on his face.

"Partly," The spiky-haired angel told him.

"What are the other parts?" The blue-haired vampire continued his questioning.

"I am born from an angel of heaven and one of hell. I'm not really sure what kind of angel I am at all." When the words came from his mouth, Fife knew that Hiroshima truly didn't know who he was, even though the angel knew countless other things both hidden and unhidden, he had never said much about himself. Fife had always thought that he'd hidden his identity by the way he spoke but he was beginning to have second thoughts regarding the subject.

"That one actually caught me off guard," the emotionless sun angel replied with a void smirk on his face and equally hollow eyes. "Perhaps it was just a miscalculation on my part. Take this! Ring of Fire!" The angel summoned fourth as he held his arms out to either side as a ball of fire flew up from the ground and burst out into a large ring, blasting everything in sight, including the vampire and the angel.

XxXxXx

Ra'shiel and Tsurugi both blew each other backwards with their wind attacks, then Ra'shiel drew back his hand to summon his Wind Arrow. Tsurugi did the same, summoning an arrow of equal caliber as the two angel's high velocity attacks headed towards each other and burst into an explosion of wind that threw them back again.

Ko covered her eyes and tried to block her face with her forearm as much as she could as the high winds blew her clothing and hair wildly about.

Then the girl charged at the whirlwind angel and attempted to kick him while he was being thrown back by Tsurugi's attack but Ra'shiel had read her wind and sent a Wind Blast at her, blowing her backwards before she could even land in her move.

Tsurugi caught the girl before any harm could be done.

"Are you okay, Ko?" He held her in his arms.

"Yeah, I'm alright. How in the hell do we beat these guys anyway? I'm so tired and I feel like I haven't even put a dent in this guy. Are all angels this strong?" After all, she had seen Hiroshima and Tsurugi wear down in their previous battles but these angels seemed to have infinite power. There was no end to their attacks and not only that; they were large attacks that would take most of the power out of a normal magician or human spell caster.

"Well, these are very old angels," Tsurugi glanced ahead to see where Ra'shiel had gone. "Zadkiel of Jupiter, Nataniel of fire and Ra'shiel of the Whirlwind have been around since the creation of our species and have been reincarnated many times. This is not a battle that we can win."

"Then why did Vespa send us here?" The white-haired girl asked. It was almost as if the witch sent them off to die. She was beginning to think that it wasn't worth it to continue their adventure here, or in general. If everyone had to suffer this much, then maybe it just wasn't worth it to gather the magical items for her.

"To obtain the feather," Tsurugi was going to go through with Vespa's plans no matter what. The girl wondered to herself why both angels seemed so persistent on following through with the witches' orders.

"Whirlwind!" She then heard from Ra'shiel as he initiated another attack and sent it their way.

"Look out!" Tsurugi grabbed her and flew out of the way of the attack. The powerful winds burst against the rocks they had been hiding behind and busted them into piece with great ease of strength.

"What? Is Ten Sao Tami affiliated with Soel?" Ko inquired about the sorceress they were supposed to deal with as well.

"I get the feeling that there's a lot more involved here then just us," the blonde angel replied as Ra'shiel launched another attack at them.

"Cyclonic Winds!" The whirlwind angel called out as he held out his hand and send powerful winds at the girl and angel. Tsurugi put up a barrier to stop the attack from doing any damage to them as the winds beat against the barrier with beat force, threatening to break it easily.

'This may be on a larger level then I thought, aside from Hiro-kun's pact, why exactly are we fighting for Vespa and what are we fighting for?' Tsurugi wondered to himself. Ko's words had affected him more then he would have liked to admit. In a way, the shook his confidence in following his lover to achieve his pact with the Red Witch.

XxXxXx

"Solar Blast!" Zadkiel called fourth as he pointed his finger at the ninja and guitarist as the black-haired angel tried to blast them over and over again. He was finally able to send one blast towards the blonde.

As his figure was bathed in light, Chichiri turned with an expression of surprise on his face. "Oh crap!"

Zangetsu then jumped in front of his view as he threw up his hands and called out 'Valor of Protection' as a purple soft energy shot from the ground and surrounded them, shielding them from the attack.

'I don't know if this will hold but I've got to try.' Zangetsu knew that his power was nowhere near the angels but he would not give up. He had to buy Keiji some time so he could defeat Ten Sao Tami. Wherever he was, he wished him luck.

He closed his eyes, as he awaited the force of the blast, only to find that nothing ever hit him.

That was odd.

Surely, he would have felt the force of the attack by now or at least some sort of resistance. The dark-haired ninja slowly opened his eyes to see Vespa in front of him. She had provided a better shield then his valor, not only that she used a vortex of magic to suck the angel's attack into.

"You boys miss me?" The red-haired witch looked over her should and smiled calmly.

"Vespa?" Zangetsu placed his arms to his sides and stared in shock at the woman before him.

"I knew that you couldn't win on your own, so I decided to provide my personal assistance."

"Thank you, Red Witch. We really are glad that you showed up," Zangetsu thanked the woman for saving their lives.

"I thought that I was going to be fried meat," Chichiri replied with a hand to his chest. The blonde nearly had a heart attack.

"What are you doing here though?" Zangetsu asked. Usually there was a good reason that Vespa was even there, nonetheless helping them out.

"I'm protecting you. You won't win this battle if you don't get any help," the witch advised.

"Does this have anything to do with Soel?" The ninja asked.

"Yes but Ten Sao Tami is not affiliate with her."

"Who are you?" Zadkiel cut into their conversation.

"I'm Red Witch Vespa of Zameln. I've come for something important that your possessor has," Vespa looked up into the blank expression of the black-haired angel.

"You want the feather, don't you?" Zadkiel's voice wasn't as blank as if has been before. It was almost as if he wanted her to say yes.

"Yes, you're being forced to do this…aren't you?" Green eyes lowered in sorrow for the possessed angel's situation. More than anything, Vespa hated dealing with those who were possessed and knew what not they had done.

The question seemed to strike Zadkiel in the heart. He looked down with a saddened expression and though his eyes were blank, Vespa could tell that it greatly upset him. "We have no choice. Ten Sao Tami has full command of us. We try to resist as much as we can, but as long as he controls the powers that we have, we are forced to be his slaves."

"Hopefully Keiji will be able to stop Ten Sao Tami from going too far," Vespa replied.

"What?" Chichiri exclaimed. "Keiji is fighting Ten Sao Tami? Why him?" It was strange that Vespa didn't pick someone like Fife or Tsurugi to handle the old man, but Keiji had no magical powers whatsoever.

How was that even going to work?

"I think that he needs to. Aside from that, both you and Zangetsu do not have the means to beat him. Your attacks will do nothing to him," Vespa informed the two of their lack of power.

"Okay so what will he do when he gets the feather?" Chichiri asked.

"The Demon Sword will do something interesting."

"Demon Sword?" Chichiri asked. Wasn't that Fife's sword? What was Keiji doing with Fife's sword?

"Before I sent him away, King Fife let him borrow the Demon Sword," the witch replied, clearing his questions up.

"What kind of sword is the Demon Sword, anyway?" Zangetsu asked. That sword had powers that were unlike any other weapon that he'd seen. It was a vampuric sword, but it was unlike the Crimson. It made the Crimson seem pure.

"It's a lot like the Crimson but it has its own special powers," Vespa's description wasn't the most detailed in the world, nor did it really answer the man's silent questions.

"Special powers?" He continued to question.

"Yes, it's a vampire sword, forged in Sumeria by a king several hundreds of years ago. The sword manipulates blood and it has the ability to summon weapons from an arsenal of private ancient swords from the royal arsenal. It's a very deadly sword to one who has great skill," she explained.

"But Keiji doesn't know how to use it," Chichiri was still confused as to why Fife would trust Keiji with a sword he didn't even know how to use. He remembered what happened when Keiji tried to use the Crimson against Elf Kaizer and Lumina. He didn't know how to use it and almost died as a result.

"He'll be working from memory but he'll be just fine," Vespa smiled calmly in great assurance. If anyone could handle it aside from Fife, it would be him.

Vespa was sure of this.

XxXxXx

"Die!" Ten Sao Tami shouted as he blasted Keiji away again with the feather. The pristine blast sent the boy's body backwards.

'I need to do something. I don't want to keep asking the sword for help…' Keiji thought to himself. He didn't want to be reliant on his weapon as his only method to defeat Ten Sao Tami. He looked at the blue jewel, located in the hilt of the sword and narrowed his green eyes. 'How do I get it to do the attacks that Fife knows?'

"Demon Sword, answer my call!" Keiji turned the sword sideways and stuck it out in front of himself to deflect a white beam from the feather. 'I can't write it out. That type of spell has to be accurate and I'm not even sure what language he writes it in. No doubt it's either in a dead language or old Celtic or Gaelic.'

Just then, something came to his mind. "Wait a minute!" Keiji spoke with widened eyes, as if a sudden revelation befell him. 'Even though I'm blindly commanding it, it seems to know what to do. I wonder if I have a psychic connection with it. Well, there's only one way to find out.'

"Well, there's only one way to find out," he spoke in resolute as determination shone in the depths of his forest eyes. "I hope I remember this correctly, Demon Sword! Blood Composed Arsenal!" The boy spoke, what he hoped were the right words as he brought down the sword and streams of blood shot up from the ground and formed into hundreds of swords.

The blades then aimed for the old man as they pointed their blades towards him and rained fourth from the sky. Ten Sao Tami's eyes widened as he let out a scream. He frantically held up his feather and yelled 'Time Freeze' as all of the blades froze in place.

A smirk adorned Keiji's face. It was the moment that he'd waited for. 'That's it! I'm going to attack him while he's got his Time Freeze on the swords.' Thinking quickly, he plunged the tip of the sword into the ground and summoned a fissure, which split the ground violently beneath the old man, who tried to jump out of the way of the widening crack but instead ended up nearly falling into it.

Ten Sao Tami landed to the right and held his feather close to his chest as he gazed at the hole that nearly took his life. He clenched his eyes shut for a few moments, only to open them to see the boy running at him with the Demon Sword in hand.

Keiji drew the sword back in promise to end the man's life if he didn't retaliate in some way but it was far too late. Keiji was too close for him to make a move. The blade was thrust forward and the man let out a scream as the sword dug into the ground over his shoulder. Fear shone in the man's beady eyes as he trembled in fear.

"I've got you now," the boy said with a cold expression.

"I hardly think so," Ten Sao Tami quickly devised a plan as he snapped his fingers and the swords were released from their Time Freeze. They headed straight towards Keiji, who looked over his shoulder with widened eyes and a gasp.

There was little time.

What could he possibly do now that would save him?

He was going to be killed by his own attack.

XxXxXxXx

"Vortex!" Vespa unfolded her giant fan, which was just as tall as she was and spread the red and white object before her as a vortex appeared and sucked in all of the offending meteors from Zadkiel's Meteor Shower attack. "Surely you're wearing down, Zadkiel."

"I could not rest even if I wanted to. My master commands me to go on and I must do his bidding. Cosmic Dust!" The angel commanded as sparkling, glittery dust was scattered all over the field, causing it to shimmer like glitter.

Vespa waved her fan and sent the dust back to the Jupiter Angel, who preformed an attack called Black Hole. Zadkiel held his hands out, as if he were forming a circle. A black sphere grew in size as powerful winds sucked into it, pulling all of the sparkling dust in with them. Even though Zadkiel was worn down, he would not let himself be struck with his own attack.

The angel placed his hands in front of him, as if he were holding something round, then the space between his hands widened as a black orb was formed. As the angel pulled his hands apart, the orb widened as the outside winds began to suck into it, taking the Cosmic Dust with it.

"Black Hole!" Zadkiel sucked the magical, sparkling dust into the black orb. The angel was panting and looked worn down and despite his void look, he felt determined. "I will not give up…"

"They say that there is no devotion like that of an angel," Vespa stated. "Even if you know that your master is wrong, you'll defend them with all you've got. You even put yourselves through massive amounts of physical and mental pain for them. You were created first, then willingly bow down before them and become their servants in order to help sinners such as myself. I admire many things about angels and I'm honored to have this opportunity."

"I thank you, Red Witch. I needed to hear that," Zadkiel's voice was emotional, as if he had been touched by the witches' speech. It struck something deep down within him, something that was beyond the possession.

"I do not hate you for what you've done, Zadkiel. You have no choice. You already know the outcome of this fight," Vespa raised her fan into the air.

"Yes, and I will play it out until the end," Zadkiel replied as a white glow began to form in his hands as he held them behind him. "Cosmic Light!" He threw his hands forward and launched a beam of light straight at Vespa.

"Solar Flare!" Vespa threw her fan in front of her as a blinding explosion hit the Cosmic Light and they canceled each other out.

XxXxXx

Hiroshima was hit by the oncoming attack, which threw him back to the ground. The wingless angel landed on his side, motionless.

"Hiroshima!" Fife called out but got no answer in return.

"If you know what's good for you, then you won't get up. Accept the fact that you've been defeated," Nataniel warned.

"I've accepted that for a while. Ever since the battle began, I knew that I was destined to lose from the beginning," Hiroshima lay on the ground.

"Well, I'm not going to give up," Fife said in a serious tone as he stood in front of Hiroshima in a protective way. "I'll fight you one on one."

Hiroshima slowly to his hands and knees. The blood that had been running down the side of his face dripped to the hard ground below as the angel struggled to get a proper magic flow through his body so he could at least keep himself conscious. His eyes focused in and out as his mind danced on consciousness.

Fife looked back at the green-haired angel with a placid smile on his face. "Don't worry, I can take it from here," his words were gentle as he let his finger do any further talking as it wrote out an intricate spell.

He then pointed his finger at the sun angel and uttered the words 'Plasma Beam' as a bright burst of light headed towards the angel.

XxXx

Keiji watched helplessly as the swords shot towards him. A smirk crossed the old man's face in delight as he anticipated the boy's death. While he was entertained by the thought of Keiji's demise, the boy's body shot forward as an angry look crossed his face. Keiji kicked up as hard as he could and booted the feather out of the old man's hands.

Ten Sao Tami snapped out of his delusions as his eyes widened in shock. Keiji then held his sword out. "Demon Sword! Hear my call!" He commanded as streams of blood shot from the sword and quickly wrapped around the man's appendages as he lunged for the feather but he was stopped in his tracks before he could get very far.

"No!!!" Ten Sao Tami screamed as he reached out to grasp his specious feather but he could not reach it. Ten Sao Tami felt a shadow completely shade him and turned around as he watched in horror as the swords rained down on him.

Keiji had managed to move behind him as the man let out an ear piercing scream as the swords pierced his body and his blood was spilled on the ground.

Ten Sao Tami had fallen.

The prejudice against the angels in Shaffon, would no longer continue from him and the angels were free of his possession.

To Be Continued…