Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Shattered Illusions ❯ Confession of a Vampire ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

XxXxXxXx

Shattered Illusions

Chapter 23: Confession of a Vampire

By: Melissa Norvell/Revamp

XxXxXxXx

“I'll be back,” Copernicus noted before walked out into another room.

Coscatta sighed reluctantly. “Really, you should stay out of my way,” her voice was edgy as she eyed the tomboy, who sat across the table from her.

“I don't care what you think I should do,” Tsubomi got up and walked into the kitchen. She took the tea set with her and began to soak it in hot water. Coscatta followed her, breathing down her neck in hatred. As the brunette brought the pot up to rinse it off, she reached over and turned the hot water up. The pain registered in Tsubomi's mind as she let out an `ouch' and retracted her burnt hand.

“You won't take him from him,” Coscatta's voice was laced in hatred.

Reaching over to the faucet, Tsubomi grabbed the sprayer and shot it over her shoulder, hitting the blue-haired girl in the face with a blast of hot water. The petite girl screamed as she was doused and her curls hung limply around her face. “You annoy me.”

She shook with outrage as she balled her fists to either of her sides. That water stung her porcelain features, turning them a shade of red. Her hair was a mess and her perfect bow was soggy. Damn her. Damn her to hell. “How dare you treat me like common trash? I'm Boucellini Coscatta and I've been his donor for four years. You can't come in here and be more special to him than I am! There's no way…There's no way I'd let him love someone like you!” Coscatta barked in a mixture of arrogance and disapproval.

“We're just friends.” Honestly, this girl had insecurities like no other. There was nothing to really be worried about.

“Stop lying!” The blue-haired girl screamed. “Why? Why does he like pretty boys? Why can't he ever do something with me? Why can't things be at least like they used to?” There were so many questions that pained her, and not enough answers to quell that anguish in her soul. It didn't matter how she tried to impress him, or what she did to be liked, Copernicus never showed the sexual interest or attraction in her that he did in Virgil or Tsubomi.

Tsubomi turned around to stare at the soaked girl. “I didn't mean to ruin anything for you, Coscatta. I don't even know what you're talking about.” It wasn't like anything was explained to her. His newest donor had been in the dark this entire time, and next to nothing that poured from her pink lips even made that much sense to her. She was merely winging it.

“He might not have loved me, but we kissed and hugged. He loved me in his own way, even if all he saw was Virgil…even if his eyes were cold. You don't even know…you don't know what it's like to be shut out and ignored-“ Coscatta had finally calmed down from her fit of hysterics and looked down, her blue bangs covering her eyes.

“That's an unjust statement. You don't really know me to say that. Considering I was an outcast in high school, I do know how that feels. Sometimes in life, however, you must be selfish. I want Copernicus. I love his smile and I want nothing more than to see it on his face. I love the way he blushes and the way his brilliant blue eyes sparkle with gentle emotion. I know he's in a lot of pain, despite the way he acts, and I want nothing more than to hold him in my arms while he trembles in pleasure.” For once, she was able to voice her opinion without feeling embarrassed. However, it was easier to tell it to his donor than it was to him directly. Tsubomi could no longer lie; she did care about him deeply. Enough to fight Coscatta for his affection and enough to put her secret identity on the line for him.

“We'll just have to see who gets him first. The only one he'll tremble in pleasure for is me,” the girl crossed her arms with a huff.

Tsubomi sighed. “He's not a prize. He's a living creature with feelings, just like you and I.”

“I'd like it if two men fought over me.” Thinking about their current situation, Copernicus must have been flattered to know they'd both go so far for him.

“That's because you like attention,” Tsubomi dead panned.

“You have me all wrong. You're just like all of the other men in my life. I don't understand why people like you get the favor of my master.” It was a mystery to her, even after all of these years, she had been cast aside for those of ill breeding. It was as if she didn't exist, or her blood was no better than the others.

Tsubomi turned back around and began to wash the tea set, sitting the pieces into a drainer nearby. “Shouldn't you talk to Copernicus about that? I mean, I'm sure he has reasons,” one of them being that he's more than likely gay. That was her suspicion, and even now it continued to be one. He claimed to be bi-sexual but he obviously preferred men.

“He says that he likes men and woman, so why is it always the men he runs to?” Tears streamed down her face at her own futility. “I've been through so much with him…” She sobbed as brilliant memories of a more dismal time flooded her senses.

Copernicus sat in a red room, full of plush, velvet furniture with gold accents. His hands were sat on his forehead as he wept silently at his desk. Virgil was murdered the day before, and try as he might, the inheritor couldn't get the images out of his head. They reeled through his memories with vivacity, too much not to act as daggers on his already wounded heart. Coscatta sat by his side on a red foot stool with golden tassels on the edges. Quietly, she placed her hand on top of her master's as an act of sympathy and condolences.

“Master…I wish I could help you get through this somehow. I'm so sorry that I can't remember what happened,” her voice was low and sorrowful as she felt large arms wrap around her tightly.

“It's alright. I know that you can't help it. I'm just glad that you're alright. I do wonder though, why you were spared,” the vampire replied, his words were subdued and gentle.

“I don't know,” she gently wiped his tears with a small, delicate handkerchief that she had pulled from the pocket of her dress. “I hope that you find whoever did this and kill them, master. You must have really loved my brother.”

“I loved him…more than anyone will ever know. Even more than he will ever know…” Tears continued to stream down his face as he choked out the last part of his sentence. Copernicus' form trembled against his donor with raw emotion. “I never even got the chance to tell him how much he meant to me.”

It hurt. It hurt more than anything she could have ever experienced. Knowing that her master was in so much pain made her heart ache more than it already had been from the loss of her sibling. “I'm sorry, master,” she sobbed, clinging to his form.

“Coscatta…” He whispered, his hug tightened around her form as the two continued to weep.

“We can cry on each other. If you ever need comfort, I'll help you feel better. Please, please don't hurt anymore,” Coscatta looked up with a tear stained face into the emotional eyes of her master.

“Coscatta…” He said her name again, trailing it off as their heads closed in. Coscatta's eyes closed as their lips touched in a gentle kiss, reassuring the other as tears rolled down their cheeks. It was a gesture of compassion, a single touch of the lips that signified so much. A single touch of the lips that gave her a feeling of hope.

For once, in a long time it made her feel wanted.

Coscatta's fists clenched even more, her teeth ground out the first word she uttered. “You. You just want him all to yourself.”

“That's not true,” Tsubomi paused and turned back around to face her antagonist as she swiftly placed a tiny tea up in the drainer. “I was trying to protect you from Hizaki. If Hizaki went after me instead of you, then you could be safe in case Copernicus needed you. Plus, he didn't want you to die.” Why couldn't she understand that it was in her best intentions? Coscatta was making her out to be some selfish bitch and it was really grinding on her last available nerve.

“Well, I don't need protecting. That's why Copernicus is my master,” she shot hatefully. The girl had taken care of herself for a long time; she certainly didn't need this little boy showing her how to do her job.

Tsubomi put her hands on her hips and frowned. “You call me useless when you sit around like some princess, expecting people to save you.” How in the world could she even protect her master if she did that? It wasn't effective; in fact it was just horrible. It didn't seem like she wanted to save Copernicus, it was more like she wanted him to save her.

“Don't confuse my desires with yours,” she closed her eyes and turned her head away. “Your only talent is looking good and serving tea. Hizaki could easily kick your ass.” That wasn't much of a savior either. Pretty distractions were just another way to cause her master harm. Tsubomi needed to face the facts, he was useless.

“As if. I got myself out of imprisonment, which is more than I can say for someone who stupidly let their master starve for three weeks. If you had any common sense, you'd have come and checked on him. I take care of my master. Copernicus is healthy now because of me.” This little brat didn't do a damned thing, and now she shows up wanting to claim the glory and be his lover? Who was she trying to kid? Hearing her very voice was enough to set her off in unimaginable ways. This entire time, Coscatta had done nothing but act like an insufferable child. It was time she got her words dished back to her.

“It's just because I wasn't there, but I'm here now so my blood will be the only thing he drinks. Your blood is tainted.” Dirty blood was unfit for her precious master to consume.

“Really? I'm a virgin. I'm pure enough. In fact, Copernicus was my first kiss,” she never thought that she'd say that so proudly before in her life, but it actually counted in this situation.

“You don't even know how to make love to him,” Coscatta burst into a fit of laughter. “Tell me again, why does he want something to train?” He would much rather have a girl who already knew how to treat him, than a naive little boy who knew nothing on the subject. Like that was something to even be proud of.

“If he trains me, I'll know exactly how to love him,” Tsubomi argued, still proud of herself.

“You're pathetic,” Coscatta smirked.

“I don't have to guilt Copernicus into loving me.” Honestly, that was all she'd even seen this girl do since she got here. Part of her words was “he doesn't love me, wah” and the other part was “I hate you, Tsubomi, oh why must he love men more than me?” Quite frankly, Tsubomi was sick of the bitching and whining.

Coscatta reeled back with a gasp and an expression that looked as if she had been shot through the heart with an arrow. “You…You monster!” She yelled in anger and sorrow as she slapped Tsubomi across the face as hard as she could. The tom boy's face shot to the side. Registering the pain, she held a hand up to her cheek and paused for a moment, she glared at the blue-haired girl with malice in her dark blue eyes. Then, she slapped Coscatta so hard that she lost her footing and tumbled to the ground.

She sat on her butt with one hand supporting her and the other on her reddened cheek. Coscatta's round eyes were wide with shock. “You…you hit me…”

“I won't allow myself to be hit by anyone lower than I am,” Tsubomi looked down at her nemesis, her frown was still as firm as ever and Coscatta truly felt small compared to the intimidating boy before her.

She said nothing in response.

XxXxXxXx

Copernicus opened the door to the room that Millie and Yale were in. The two glanced at him from their positions. The mute vampire was standing and the school girl was now seated on the edge of the bed. Yale looked as if he was a deer in the headlights.

The Inheritor placed an arm across his chest and bowed politely, “Prince Yale.”

`Copernicus…'

The taller vampire walked up to two and looked to the girl on the bed. “Millie, can I have a word in private with him?”

She glanced to Yale, who nodded in response. They must have had something really important to go over, something that she didn't know about or maybe it was something that just involved the vampires. Whatever the case was she agreed to leave, and with a simple `okay' she exited the room, leaving the two vampires to talk to each other in peace. Copernicus watched her as she shut the door and listened for her footsteps as she continued to walk down the hall. Millie had a tendency to stick around and listen through doors. He wanted to make sure she completely was out of ear shot.

Yale walked over and knelt before Copernicus, kissing his hand. `Sir…'

“No formalities, please. We're on the same level, my prince,” Copernicus instructed as the skinny male rose to his feet, only to be embraced by him. He returned the hug weakly and produced a warm smile.

`I'm so glad you're alive.'

“I thought you were dead. Why have you been hiding from me? I missed you,” Copernicus' words were gentle and endearing towards his fellow and prince. It was as if they had known each other for years, and in fact, they had.

Yale turned away, his light-colored hair hung around his crestfallen features. `I've disgraced you and the royal court by allowing myself to be so weak. I'm a laughing stock to the Black Knights; nearly everyone is dead now because of me.' His voice inside of his friend's head was sorrowful, and earned him a supporting gesture of a hand being laid on the side of his face.

“Please, let it rest now. There's nothing we can do about that,” Copernicus tried to cheer him up. At least he was strong enough to use his telepathy now. Any step forward was better than remaining in place. He knew that more than anyone had.

`But-`

“Stifle your mind. You care about that girl, right?” The words poured like velvet from his lips as his face inched closer to the shorter vampire's. Yale could feel his warm breath against his face. He turned his head and closed his eyes. “You gave her a rose.” Those words traveled to his ears, causing those eyes to open once more upon realization.

`Yes...'

“You love her, don't you?” Those words were slightly more serious, but still managed to hold their sense of gentility.

`She understands me. Millie was the first person to comfort me and…she told me that my parent's deaths were not my fault. She was the first ever…to say such a thing to me.' That alone meant more to him than any gesture ever could. Millie was something that he wanted to hang on to forever, even if it was merely as a donor or someone he saw each day.

“Millie is a sweet girl. She really fancies you.”

`I know. It pains me that she cares so much. She shouldn't care about me. She'll just end up dying-` He was cut off.

“You can't stop people from caring, my dear Prince Yale.” It was an undisputable fact.

`You're always so touchy-feely. You're an odd one for a vampire,' Yale noted, distracting him from the current topic. At least, he was trying to distract him. In retrospect, Copernicus was unique from the other vampires in that aspect. He liked affection, whereas most of their kind was solitary by nature.

Copernicus backed up a little, putting distance between them. “You're typical Mr. Lonely, aren't you? You always have liked being lonely, tucked away in your study.”

`I was signing treaties and important documents.' It might not have been much of an excuse but it was an important one.

“You're always so serious.”

`You're too laid back.'

“It's inevitable that we see each other more, especially if you plan on working together against Hide.” Enough with the small talk, it was time to go on to much more serious subject matter.

`What can I do? I know everything and I can say nothing.' That was the sad matter of the fact. No matter what happened, Yale was powerless to have any words against it. Only his actions could determine his rebellion.

“Tell me, is their plan working? Are we falling for anything we don't know about?” If anyone would know the answer to those questions, Yale would. He knew a lot of things from the inside that they would never have had access to.

Looking thoughtful for a moment, Yale replied. `So far, you're putting up a good resistance. I just hope that you can keep it up. You mean a lot to me, and our people. Please free them from their possession and defeat Hide before he rises to power.'

Blue eyes narrowed. “So, they are possessed. Is it Hizaki or Hide?”

Yale said nothing.

“I didn't think you could say. I bet the Black Knights are possessed as well and maybe even Estella Nu,” he placed a hand under his chin in thought.

The mute shook his head.

Copernicus arched an eyebrow. “Not Estella Nu?”

`No, she's part of the rebellion. I know she's not possessed for a fact.' He had enough contact with her to know that.

“Then I have to kill her first.” Any of the rebellion's strong points had to be brought down. If they were not possessed, they wanted to overthrow the current vampuric monarchy.

Yale again, had no response.

“Prince Yale…” Copernicus uttered in a sympathetic tone.

XxXxXxXx

Coscatta sat on the couch with a sorrowful expression as she held her stinging cheek. She hadn't said anything for a while, even after Millie walked into the room. She noticed right off that something had happened. The tension in the air was so thick that it could be cut with a knife.

Coming around the corner of the couch, the girl sat a hand on the back of the piece of furniture and inquired if she was alright.

“He slapped me…Not even my parents have laid a hand on me,” the girl mumbled. She was still half in shock.

“Tsubomi-kun slapped you?” Millie arched an eyebrow. What in the world were they fighting about?

“Don't sweat it. The little bitch hit me first,” Tsubomi pointed to her cheek. She sat at the tea table with a disgruntled look on her face.

“You deserved it for what you did to me!” Coscatta wasn't going to let her get away with calling her such a slur. Who did this guy think he was, anyway?

“If it wasn't true then you wouldn't have reacted like that,” Tsubomi shot as she gave the petite girl a death glare.

“You guys should relax. I'm pretty sure Copernicus wouldn't like you to tear each other's faces off as soon as he leaves,” Millie tried to talk some sense into the two, but Coscatta wasn't taking her bullshit right now.

“This isn't your business, so butt out,” she snapped, followed by Tsubomi, defending her friend.

“Don't talk to her like that,” Millie was only trying to help diffuse the situation. There was no sense for her to snap at her like a child.

“Shut up…you get on my nerves,” Coscatta turned her nose up at the tom boy.

Tsubomi shook with irritation and mumbled under her breath. “Composure…composure…”

`I'm going to fucking kill her.'

Copernicus and Yale entered the room, just in time to interrupt their fight.

“Prince…Yale?” Millie questioned as she turned around.

“I managed to talk him into coming out here for a while.” After all, nothing could get the Prince as long as he was safely in the confines of his mansion. Copernicus could ensure that he would be out of harm's way and out of any meddling traps set by Hide.

“Master!” Coscatta instantly perked up, jumping off of the couch with a happy expression as she ran up to him. “You must be running low on energy since I've been gone. I'm so sorry that I didn't check on you but you told me to stay there-“ Truth be told, after what Tsubomi has said the girl felt an overbearing guilt. Well, she wasn't going to let that happen again.

“It's fine,” the Inheritor cut off his donor's apologetic phrase. “Tsubomi took good care of me.”

The blue-haired girl then hugged him and whispered coyly into his ear. “Please drink my blood. It's been so long…”

“If it will make you happy,” Copernicus smiled.

The girl pulled away and nodded as she held out her wrist. Taking the small limb in his hand, Copernicus knelt to one knee and bit her, causing her blood to flow. The vampire lapped it up as his donor smiled happily to herself, running her free hand through his thick, silky hair in appreciation for his deed.

Millie grew agitated and put her hands on her hips. “What a bitch!” She exclaimed, loud enough for Coscatta to hear it. Yale was confused as to why she would say such a thing about his friend's donor.

“Pathetic,” Tsubomi retorted and walked out of the room. It was far too petty for her to stay, and if she did she would end up doing something that she knew she was going to regret. It was better to leave and cool off.

Yale turned to Millie as if silently asking her to explain the current situation.

“Long story. You know her, right?” The girl pointed to her object of detest.

`Yes, she's Copernicus' donor.'

“Poor Tsubomi-kun…” Millie sighed.

Copernicus pulled away, licking the blood from his lips as he glanced up to notice Tsubomi had left. He uttered her name and arose, taking off after her, leaving Coscatta there with blood leaking down her wrist.

“Hey! The blood is still flowing! Wait! Hey! I need you to drink this! Master!” She shouted, knowing that it would be futile to gain his attention. Once the vampire was focused on something, he was hard to break from that train of thought.

XxXxXxXx

Tsubomi sat on the corner of the large, elegant bed that she had spent many nights sleeping in. It was nearly like a second home to her. Glancing over to a nightstand nearby, she spied a framed picture. Reaching over, the girl picked it up and looked at it. Inside of the frame, three faces smiled back at her: Copernicus, Coscatta and a boy with shoulder-length blue hair and happily blue eyes. She sighed to herself. `No matter how I fight it, I still feel like the odd one out.'

“Tsubomi.”

Her name was uttered, startling her and out of natural reaction she slammed the picture down and jumped, turning her gaze to Copernicus who sat beside of her and wiped the remnants of Coscatta's blood from the corner of his mouth. “You always do that.”

“It's habit.”

Without a word more, he kissed her reddened cheek, causing her to blush and utter his name in a nervous tone. Oh god, what did he want now?

“Let me make you feel better,” he purred, nuzzling her face affectionately.

“But, Copernicus…Coscatta…”

A finger was placed in front of her lips. “Hush. This is our time.” The vampire chided as he crawled over her, causing the tom boy to lie back on the bed with one knee bent. His weight was leaned into her as he positioned himself and began to kiss her. She wrapped an arm around his neck, closing her eyes as she returned the gesture.

A moment later she pulled away, panting lightly. “You're…an amazing kisser.”

“You're not so bad yourself,” he complimented through his own pants.

“You're crazy. I'm unskilled.”

“Shut up and stop complaining,” the vampire smiled before their lips embraced once more. Their hands ran over each other's bodies, as they had done so many times before. She arched into his touch as his skilled hands began to unbutton her jacket. He pulled away from their kiss with the slightest of smacks. Her hands were at work, fumbling with the buttons on his pristine shirt. “You're feeling adventurous. It's almost like you want to jump my bones,” Copernicus joked.

“I feel confident around you. Besides, we're just making out, right? How bad can it be if nothing comes off?” It was just harmless, right? It had better be.

“Why do you hide yourself? I've been wondering that for a while, considering you're so handsome. You won't even let anyone see you shirtless.” That was truly off for a male of any kind.

“Personal issue,” she was quick to respond as her thoughts ran wild. `Yeah, like I have breasts. I'm starting to feel the guilt now more than ever.' That rising sickness in her stomach returned, and suddenly the idea of making out just made her want to puke. She tried to repress her urge to turn away in revulsion. “One day I'll show you, just not now. I promise.”

“Tsubomi…I hope so,” he placed his hand on the side of her face as he nuzzled her yet again. “I really want you to trust me with everything about you.”

“I've never seen you naked.” It went both ways, did it not? Then again, that could lead to something bad. Tsubomi was immediately eating her words.

“I'd like you to. I want to make love to you,” his words were sincere and genuine. They caused a blush to rise to her cheeks again.

“What? What did you say?” She wasn't expecting that.

“I want to tell you something.” This was as good of a time as ever.

`I feel like my chest is going to explode.' She was pretty sure that he could feel her heart slamming against her sternum, and the rising illness in her stomach didn't help. Tsubomi almost felt as if she was free falling and the mattress below them had merely dissolved into nothing.

“What is it?”

Then, he uttered the words that she both feared the most and wanted to hear more than anything.

“I love you, Tsubomi.”

…To Be Continued