Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ The Affinity Phoenix ❯ "Things Are Changing..." ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Affinity Phoenix
 
Chapter 4-“Things are changing…”
 
 
Today was finally here. They had finally reached the planet Piraka, and much to Blithe's surprise, it wasn't as small as he thought it was. In fact there was nothing small about it. Piraka was slightly bigger than the planet Jupiter. It was then that Blithe began to question whether he could destroy it or not. I mean, he wasn't the pro at “The Destruction of Planets 101.”
Affinity grew tired of waiting for him to blow up the stupid little planet. “How hard can it be, just do it, its not rocket science. Stick your hand out and do it…I'm growing quite impatient!!!”
“You are wasting my time! If something this trivial is too hard for you say so. Then I can kill you and destroy the planet myself!” Her outburst startled him a little. She was always in a bad mood and it was starting to get on his nerves. He was already mad at the woman for killing that child last night. A scene he couldn't forget. But, he had a job to do and with that, he turned to look at her.
“I can handle it.”
The look on his face actually scared her a little, but Affinity was not going to show it. It was so many emotions wrapped up in one package. He looked angry and mad, but at the same time she could see the sadness in his eyes. She knew he was still upset at her because she killed that boy. The look sent chills down her spine. Once he turned around he finally lifted his hand towards the planet. Affinity could feel his power coming forth and she was in awe at how much power he possessed. It was then she realized, if she didn't watch her back, he could become a formidable opponent. In a flash of light the entire planet blew up, rock and debris flying everywhere.
“I honestly didn't think he could do it. Damn. Now I can't kill him...”
“I can't believe I did that. Forgive me, those people didn't deserve that.” His thoughts were racing after what he just did, as well as his heart. Blithe was breathing hard. He never really had to use that much power at once like that. Once he caught his breath he turned toward the Phoenix who still looked mad and annoyed as usual.
“There are you happy now? Have I proven myself to you?”
His words made her angry. “Nothing will make me happy until the universe is mine. But you have proven yourself to me.” With that said, she teleported back to the ship. She went back into deep thought.
“I really didn't think he could do that. I planned on him being dead by now. But I can't. I just can't. For some reason, I can't seem to just kill him. (Sigh) He's a nuisance, but maybe I can still use him.”
Affinity set off to go look for him but didn't have to go too far. She heard him in the swimming pool. He had some strange attraction to the water and it was beginning to work her nerve. After all, that was her private pool.
“He probably couldn't wait to get back in here and use it!”
She marched into the room and there he was, doing a cannonball into the water. “The water against his skin does make him look even more handsome than he already is….AGH! Stop thinking that what is wrong with you!!!” Once she gained her composure, she stepped closer to the pool so he could see her.
“What the hell do you think you are doing?! Get out of there right now, we have things to do!”
“Oh come on!” He got out of the pool and disappeared. He reappeared behind her quicker then she could react and gave her a little push.
“Get in!” *Splash* He couldn't help but laugh a little. At least until he saw the water begin to boil. “That's something you don't see everyday.” Blithe finally realized what was going on and decided maybe he should leave…
Before he could, the water in the pool shot out and fire emerged from the bottom of the pool with a furious Affinity at the bottom.
“I DO NOT HAVE TIME FOR THESE GAMES!!!” She flew out of the pool and charged straight at Blithe, who hadn't made it out yet. Affinity grabbed him by his throat and squeezed as hard as she could. Blithe began to struggle for air as she lifted him off the ground. He could see her eyes were enflamed.
“I SHOULD HAVE KILLED YOU A LONG TIME AGO!! NOW, YOU DIE!!”
Blithe closed his eyes and smiled. He grabbed her arm and squeezed just as hard as she was choking him. Affinity couldn't hold on, his grip was too tight. She couldn't believe her eyes, was he really beating her? Her arm was still in his hand shaking. He looked at her with a cold stare.
“Don't mistake me for some weakling. I can be just as ruthless as you are.”
Affinity was going to scream. If he grabbed any tighter, he would break her forearm in half. Blithe just looked at her. He kinda felt sorry for her. He saw the pain she tried to cover up. Even when she knew she couldn't win, she wouldn't admit defeat. He let her go and watched her fall to the ground clenching her arm. He didn't want to hurt her……he just wanted to teach her a lesson.
“Don't cross me Ms Phoenix.” He turned and left.
The great Affinity Phoenix just sat there. Not feeling so great at all…..