Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Tsurugi: Tsubasa no Gedatsu ❯ Prologue: Fallen ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: I've been meaning to write this in some way or another. It's actually a short story of mine or rather an anthology of sorts that led up to the creation of a good character of mine. This is a series of six stories about an angel who fell from heaven and experienced a little time on the physical plain.

This character is Tsurugi from Sacrifice, before he turned into a dark angel.

Those of you who read Sacrifice will find that this character is a little different then what he is in that story, of course this takes place BEFORE the events in Sacrifice.

THOSE WHO DO NOT READ SACRIFICE- IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE YOU DO NOT AND I ABSOLUTELY MEAN DO NOT HAVE TO READ IT TO GET THIS STORY.

For those who do - This is my little shout out to the Tsurugi fans out there! Show the love!

INFO JUNK

Title: Tsurugi: Tsubasa no Gedatsu

Author: Melissa Norvell

Rating: PG

WARNINGS: Death and a little violence but it is very mild and almost to a zero. Discussion of angels and God-This does NOT follow any one religion so it's pretty safe for everyone, but if you're offended by this then here's your chance to leave.

Pairings: NONE. There is NO romance in this piece; it was just a bunch of freelance writing I did after a church service with a friend.

Genre: General, Adventure, Fantasy, Psychological, a little Angst (Yes, for those who know me I said a little angst. For those who don't get that statement, this is coming from a gothic romance on the verge of macabre and horror writer)

Chapters: 7 (with Prologue) 6 (Without Prologue)

Summary: Fallen from heaven, Tsurugi must find a way back before God notices that he's gone. He soon finds out that the world is a cruel place. Can he find a way back to heaven before he's tainted with sin, or will he be able to enlighten a few lost souls on his way? (Side story to Sacrifice) R&R!

Tsurugi: Tsubasa no Gedatsu

(Wings of Salvation)

Prologue: Fallen

By: Melissa Norvell

Fallen

The clouds were soft and white. They almost seemed like a blanket of cotton in the sky. The breeze was gentle, yet slightly cold for the elevation. The sky all around him was littered with clouds and as blue as the heavens in which he derived from. Powerful white wings flapped in the wind as they propelled the angel's body through the sky. His platinum blonde hair, shoulder length and pulled back into a loose ponytail flapped behind him as well as the longer stray pieces around his face. Lazy eyes, a shade lighter than the skies scanned through the mass of clouds below him as he was transfixed on something below. All around him, white and gold robes danced in the wind as if they were moving to a beat only they could hear.

"What a beautiful day for a flight," his voice rang happily through the skies in a peaceful tone.

A few moments of silence passed as he began to ponder to himself, his sights still aimed down at what was a large city below him. Thoughts based upon curiosity flooded his mind and filled it with excitement and wonder, although his outward features didn't show his interest. Only a small shimmer of light confined in his eyes quivered with the emotion he felt. 'I wonder what the humans down below are doing today?' The angel thought to himself. 'I wish I could be sent to the physical plain like the Arc and Messenger angels but I guess I should trust in the higher powers when they tell me that I'll soon find out the errors of human ways and that everything isn't as wonderful as I think it is.'

"But still," he continued to glance, engrossed in the city below, the far off lights reflected in his eyes. "I'm curious…I wonder though. Is it wrong to be so interested in such things?"

'Those who are judged by God…It must be hard to live as though someone is watching your every move. Angels grew up this way, for we are servants of God but humans must feel so small. Poor things, they really do need our protection, don't they?'

His thoughts ended abruptly as a ghastly noise ripped through his eardrum. He felt a sharp and dreadful pain, as if something forced its way through his wing, breaking the bone. The angel let out a loud scream, which could not be heard by human ears due to the altitude. He saw feathers of white float past him, reflecting silver in the sunshine as his vision blurred and everything slowly faded into a black abyss.

Shortly before the abyss came, he felt his body free falling in a downward spiral.

Down below, two children- boys who looked to be around ten years of age stood and marveled at their victory. It seemed one of the two rockets was successful in being deployed. They hadn't known what they'd hit, nor did they have the knowledge hitting anything with it.

They were too busy laughing and smiling, as boys do.

"That was so cool!" One of them beamed in admiration, turning to the other and not paying the still-falling angel any mind.

"Let's go and launch the other one in my back yard!" The other replied, excited and full of energy. He wanted to see how high the other rocket would fly this time.

"Okay!" The other agreed as they both ran off in glee.

On the ground, the angel lay motionless and unconscious. White feathers with silver sheen lay scattered about and a small amount of blood was present on the ground. No one was around to notice, considering it was in a small section of ground on the outskirts of the big city and the air was still as if it was mourning a loss. Even the blades of grass did not dance as they usually would.

All was silent in the graces of the fallen angel.

To Be Continued…