Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Violent Kisses ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: Okay so here is the second chapter, hope you enjoy. Reviews are welcomed! =]


Chapter 2

It’s been a few months since Kain left. I was trying to occupy myself as much as I could, taking stupid, little missions that the council needed me to do. I fought harder, and I seem to worry my friends.
“Cat.” The voice broke me out of my trance. “Are you going back on another useless mission?” Seth, or also known as my voice of reason.
“I have to.” I didn’t take my eyes off of my work.
“You don’t have to you know. Kain should be coming home soon.” Seth was Kain’s younger sister.
“Seth, I need to go, it’s just something I have to do.” I walked past her, and walked out the door.
“You can’t run from your pain Cat!” Seth’s poor attempt to make me stop didn’t work.
I arrived at the council to wait for instructions.
“Catalina, are you ready for your last mission?”
“Of course¡¦” I trailed off bowing slightly. The anticipation was growing as I stood there waiting for someone to speak.
“We need you to find Kain.” The elder spoke.
Wait, what?! I need to find Kain? What sick twisted joke was this? “Excuse me?” My stuttering made one of the council members smirk. He could tell I was a bit uncomfortable with the situation.
“You heard correctly. Kain has been captured, and now it’s up to you, his partner, to find him.” Whoa, what is going on here? “That will be all.”
I walked out of the room dazed and confused. I slowly walked back to where I left Seth standing.
“So, what’s the mission this time?” Her meek little voice was filled with wonder.
“I have to find your brother¡¦” I was still completely dumbfounded by the whole thing. How did they expect me to find him when I didn’t even know where the hell he was.
“I’m coming with, and I don’t care what you say.” Seth could be very persuasive sometimes, and other times she scared me.
Her strength was enormous. She might be small, but she packed a punch. Plus, she could manipulate anyone she wished, all the person had to do was look into her bright lime green eyes.
I nodded once at her. She gave me a small smile, then decided to start packing the essentials. “Do you even know where he was heading to?”
“No, the council didn’t even tell me, and neither did he¡¦” My breath caught in my throat. What if we didn’t find him soon enough, or what if we were already too late¡¦? A small whimper left my lips.
I saw Seth look over at me from the corner of my eye. I could see the worry in her eyes. I knew then and there that she was in my head.
Mind reading, all three of us had it. Lucky for us though, we could hide certain images or thoughts.
“He’s fine.” She gave me a reassuring smile, then proceeded to pack. I nodded once more, thought of him lying dead somewhere unknown still swarming my head.