Other Fan Fiction / Role Playing Fan Fiction / Romance Fan Fiction ❯ Daimonion ❯ Daimonion:Chapter Thirteen ( Chapter 13 )

[ A - All Readers ]

You smile waiting for him to say another word. But he just reaches out his hand and waits for you to accept. You do and allow yours to place gently on top of his.
You look back to see Psythe looking at you before he shuts the door. You smile at him coldly. After all, he did give you this precious locket. You turn, knowing that he'd leave.
"Just like dogs; leaving with tails between their legs," Beliya'al says as he starts to walk.
You nod and smile brightly. How lively the jewel is making you feel. You know that what you're doing might be wrong, but it felt so good to care. You felt so powerful.
You all leave the house through the door in the large room and walk outside, while the moon blanketed the dead land in a soft shade of dark blue. The landscape was flat, and what little life was left was there would be finding a place to go die. It felt depressing; you knew that the land was once fluttering with life everywhere. Like back at now, your enemy's part of the land.
He takes you to a long, stone bench and waits until you sit down before he places himself right next to you.
You look up at the sky. Finding it just as dead. There were stars, but they didn't glitter. They were just there, nothing gave you pleasure within seeing them. You sigh in angst of not being able to treasure the sky you used to.
"Is there a problem?" Beliya'al asks in concern.
"The sky, it's so lifeless," you say. Looking back up; just wanting a chance to see a star wink at you.
"You'll get used to it, I promise," Beliya'al says.
You nod and take a hard swallow, building up the courage to even ask such a question, "Why is it like this here?"
Beliya'al also takes a sigh, then asks, "Do you really feel like hearing the story behind it?"
"Yes, I really do," you assure him.

He hangs his head, steadying himself and breathes out loudly. "It was many years ago, a demon named Azael lived in this very home. She was very beautiful and wise to be so young. That was back when my brothers and I were all close friends. It was fact that we were all even in love with her.

Until one night my father had fallen very ill and in his last ounce of strength, he converted his soul into one jewel. Worried that we'd be over-burdened with his final departure, he gave the jewel to her. She took it and kept it safe for a while.

The whole demon world knew what had become of Father and there was a raid. Everyone wanted it for it had enough power to possess the throne of the demon world and a lot likely the human too.

We each took turns staying with her to help Azael keep it safe. Psythe had been visiting her to help her keep her guard up. That is when the terrible event took place.

There were so many at once when they broke in. Neither of them had a chance. They tried to fight but Azael was captured and they gave her a vile execution. She was murdered in cold blood.

And instead of trying to convert her soul back into her body, Psythe used some of the jewel to send her to the human world to be born again. When we got there it was too late but to fight the demons off and take the jewel ourselves.

We've waited until we could not any longer."

"Waited for what?" you ask, but you're silenced with him raising his head up and kissing you deeply.

He then pulls away cupping your face in his hands and his piercing, icy eyes stared deeply into yours. You see a ring of water forming over his bottom eyelids, "My Azael, it's really you."