Other Fan Fiction ❯ An Open Letter to All Fans ❯ Why are you a fan? ( Prologue )

[ A - All Readers ]

To My Fellow Fans:

This letter is addressed to anybody who calls themself a "fan" of any series. Though I am not a fan of every series, I respect all fans, no matter what their fandom may be. That is why I feel obligated to write this open letter to all members of any fan community.

Before I address the issues that seem to so plague fandoms throughout the entire spectrum, from Star Trek: TOS to Pokemon, Gravitation, Yami no Matsuei, Musou Dairinin (more widely known in North America as "Paranoia Agent"), or anything else, I wish to ask all of you a simple question. This may seem like a trick question, but it is one I'd like you to answer for EVERY fandom you consider yourself a part of. The answers may be very interesting once you think about them honestly. Now I hope you're ready for this, because I'd like you to answer for each of your fandoms BEFORE you go on beyond the question. Why are you a fan of this series, movie, book, or person?

If you haven't answered the question and are reading this, that's all I'm putting into this part of the letter. You'll need to wait while I compose my thoughts to continue this project, so really, please take your time and be honest about your answers with yourself. - Kharon the Hunter