Other Fan Fiction ❯ Faerie Dust ❯ One-Shot

[ A - All Readers ]

Because I've been meaning to write something like this.
Faerie Dust
 
There had once been a girl and a boy.
The boy had been named Peter, and he was silly and kind and brave. The girl had been named Parisa, and she was spoiled and sweet and tart.
They were children, they said, nothing more than children.
Could two children love?
The answer is yes. Love between two children is the purest kind, and though it grows apart as the years do, it is always there, a string of fate between them.
When they were still young, too young to be called children, and when the love between them was like a sacred flower, Faye fell ill. It was a tragic time in Peter's life, and he was far too young to feel this pain. He was by her side each day, and watched as she breathed her last.
It was a laugh.
He watched as the breath curled into a ball, and slowly the ball unfolded, like flower leaves peeling back. And before him was now a faerie.
She blinked her eyes open, like a newborn child. She caught Peter's eye and a smile graced her perfect lips. She touched his cheek, speaking in a cool tone, like the tinkling of bells.
“Peter,” she said softly, “Do you believe?”
He did.
The faeries were a dying race, but what if one boy could stay with them forever? What if one boy, forever, would believe?
“We will find our Neverland.”
 
Notes:
I was going to write something else leaning towards Peter/Tinkerbell.
I don't know. I kind of want to write for Alice in Wonderland too.
All hail J.M. Barrie! All hail Lewis Carroll!
I'm done.