Other Fan Fiction ❯ Gackt, Hyde, and Kusa ❯ last chapter ( Chapter 6 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Who's blood is this? Doesn't taste like You-san's. she thought. How many of them did I kill? As she opened her eyes, she saw Chachamaru's face. You's quickly replaced it.

"Ohayou." he sad angrily. "How about I show you to where you're going to stay so that you can get ready. Then you can come back down here and we'll tell you the plan. Ok? Gah!" Kusa wrapped her arms around his neck to pull herself up. You winced as her hand rubbed past his wound. "Follow Ch.."

"I'm followin' you."

"Fine. Follow me." He sighed and led her up the stairs. Both of them as weak as the other, they slowly walked up the two flights of stairs. At the top, there was a hallway. Two rooms on each side, and one at the end. "There's where you're staying." He pointed to the end room. "One of us is going to have to stay with you. we're all going to be sleeping here. Do you have any requests for a room mate?" he asked.

"Gackt." She had said its so quietly that You couldn't hear her.

"Who did you say?"

"No one. It doesn't matter."

"Ok, then if you don't mind, I'll be staying with you." They both walked into the room. Right away, Kusa could recognize the smell. It was like really good shampoo and soap. Like Gackt. Kusa walked to the end of the bed, which was neatly made. It looked like it was frozen in time. Like it would never be messed up by anyone ever again. You could see that she was smiling a little. No tears, just a smile and what looked to be a small bow. "You know who's room this is?" He knew it was a stupid question.

"Hai." she nodded and collapsed onto the bed. "Sato...I mean, Gakuto-kun." Kusa turned around on her back and looked at the ceiling. Realizing that she had not yet looked around the rest of the room, she sat up and did so. There was a short dresser on the opposite wall. On it, a large mirror. There was also hair gel, a comb, deodorant, a few pictures of girls, a stack of CDs, a notebook, and other small items. Everything was spread out across the surface in an unorganized fashion. Kusa didn't think that Gackt needed any deodorant. His hair products alone could cover up any smell.

She snapped out of it when You came over and took her glasses off. In his other hand, he held a pair of sunglasses. Those, too, looked familiar. "Here, these'll look good on you." He slipped them on her face. "I'll let you get ready. See you soon." He closed the door and went downstairs to the kitchen.

"Ku-chan." A nearly silent voice whispered in Kusa's ear as she slipped her shirt off.

"Gakuto, you're such a perv!" Kusa laughed. She put her blue pajamas on and headed downstairs to the others. Forgetting that You had her mp3 player, she panicked. "Doko desu ka, doko desu ka?" she whispered to herself while she walked down the steps.

"Whatcha lookin' for?" asked Yosh.

"Is it...this?" You held out the tiny black device. "Don't you have anything in English on this thing?"

"Yea. I have December Love Song and a bunch of Hyde songs that are in English." Kusa replied, her eyes fixed on the list of music. She selected "Because the Dead"-from her favorite movie- and pressed play.

"Can you hear us?"

"So, what was it that you had for me to do?" she questioned.

"What do you want for dinner?"

"You aren't going to make me cook are you?"

"Nope. We're having pizza. You might not be hungry, but we haven't eaten since breakfast."

"Don't just assume that blood is filling. Seems to make me hungrier, actually." Kusa replied. "Although You's blood is rather delicious."

"Drink away. Just don't try to kill me this time."

"Are you serious or are you just being sarcastic?"

"I mean it. Don't kill me and it's fine. I think it actually felt good once the pain was gone."

"What did it feel like? I was pretty sure it'd hurt to have someone bite you. A sword? A small spider bite? Which is it more like?" Kusa had never been bitten by a human vampire. She had been bitten by a spider vampire. That, of course, didn't hurt much until the small amounts of venom made her muscles sore.

"Weren't you bitten by a vampire to become one?" Chachamaru wondered out loud. "Actually, can we discuss this some other time? Like, not at night?"

"Agreed." said You. "On to the 'meeting' if you want to call it that. Kusa, you like to sing, right?"

"Yea, I love singing." she replied.

"What's your favorite song by Gackt?"

"U+K, Black Stone, Kimi ni Aitakute, Arittake no Ai de, and Last Song."

"Choose one."

"Last Song, I guess. I like that one 'cuz it's sad."

"Sing it."

"Ok."

"Do you need the lyrics? You're only singing along to the background music"

"I know the song enough not to need lyrics."

Yosh was standing next to a little CD player on the counter. He pushed the 'next' button until it was on song 3 and presses play.

Kusa cleared her throat. Like she had said, it was a sad song and that was why she loved it. Her favorite line, "Mou ichido tsuyoku dakishimete", was of course what she sang best. She knew the translation to this part of the song, "Hold me one more time", and felt even more sad than she had earlier. As much as she wanted to cry, she didn't. "So, was I ok? For whatever it is I just tried out for?"

"Beautiful." You replied. "Chacha-kun can take it from here. It was his idea."

"Remember U+K?"

"Yes"

"And Black Stone?" He kept the questioning going.

"I know all of his songs."

"Do you know why they were written?"

"I know that U+K was supposedly written for Kami and that Black Stone was written for some other friend who gave him a black stone bracelet. Am I going to have to do some tribute thing?" Her voice was unenthusiastic.

"Something like that, yes. We want you to write three songs."

"Why?"

"You really don't seem as excited as I thought you'd be. C'mon, you only have to write the lyrics. We can find someone else to sing them if you'd prefer that. They don't even have to be in Japanese."

"Is there not going to be a funeral? Shouldn't we be planning that instead of singing?"

"I'm getting to that."

"Wait again, who all is gonna be at the funeral besides us and Hyde and his wife?"

"Well-"

"The 'Dears' aren't going to be there, are they?" Kusa didn't like the Dears. she didn't know why, she just didn't.

"Well, there's going to be Hyde, his band, his wife, possibly a few members of Malice Mizer if we can gather them up, and a few Dears." Yosh explained.

"Whatever. I guess it shouldn't matter to me." Chachamaru laughed when she said this. Her face was so angry-looking that it was funny.

"Do you just want him for yourself? Are you jealous of them? That they knew Gackt way before you did?"

"They didn't know him. So they got to go to his concerts. Sit on the same plane. Get autographs. Live in the same country. Big deal. And if I don't write songs or sing for the Dears?"

"We'll get a Dear to sing for the Dears. It'll take longer, but we can hold auditions. There'd be plenty of willing fangirls." You, Chachamaru, and Yosh all knew that Kusa would not let that happen.

"Fine. When do I have to have them done by?" She couldn't tell whether this made her happy, sad, or angry. Maybe all of them. It was 9 at night which meant she hadn't slept for over 24 hours and she was very tired. "Can I go to bed now?" she requested.

"Yea, sure," replied You. "I'll be up in either a few minutes or a few hours." You wasn't very tired. And even if he was, he was too tired to be tired.

"You, are you ok? Maybe you should get some sleep, too. You've been awake since that call at 2AM." Yosh noticed that You was drifting off into space.

"Huh? Oh, no, I'm just fine. Just thinking."

"You two were like, best friend. Weren't you?" Chacha asked.

"Yea..." He sat down on the floor, "Ga-kun, nande?" he whispered to himself. Them he realized something about Kusa. "If Kusa bites Gackt at the funeral, can Gackt-" He was asking a foolish question and he knew it.

"No." Kusa answered from the top of the stairs. "He's already dead. Can't be brought back. And technically, I'm a half vampire. Like how Inuyasha is a half demon. Except, instead of new moons taking my 'powers', they give me them. If you consider sucking peoples' lives way from them to be powers." Now she regretted letting Kei-chan bite her, but she couldn't do anything about it. Even if they thought she was crazy for saying that it was a spider that caused her to be a vampire. "I can't give, nor do I have, immortality."

"Oh, I see. I'm sorry."

"Why are you apologizing? You didn't do anything. Anyway, Chacha's right, you look awfully tired." With that, she walked back into Gackt's room.

"Since ya both think so." He got up. "Oyasumi." When he got into the room, Kusa was standing in front of the room putting her hair up in a ponytail.

"You-san, can you grab my brush out of my bag? Should be in the side pocket." she pointed to the blue bag on the bed.

"Yea, sure." He unzipped it and looked for the brush. When he took it out, there was a black ribbon tangled on it. It was black and had black beads in the middle, covering about a third of the whole thing. "What's this?"

"Oh, my black stone necklace." she snatched it out of his hands and tied it tightly around her neck. "I forgot that I packed it. Where's who sleeping?"

"You're sleeping on the bed. Me, on the floor."

"No! You can't sleep on the floor!"

"And why not?"

"Please, sleep on the bed, I don't wanna-"

"It's fine, I won't be uncomfortable."

"It's not only that. I don't wanna sleep on the bed alone"

"Is that all? Ok, I will then. And did you want to shower? The bathroom is through that door." He pointed to a door beside the dresser.

"Thanks for reminding me." She walked into the bathroom and turned the shower on. Normally, she wouldn't have used the few soaps that were tested on animals, but this time, she didn't seem to care. Even if rather than smelling nice and clean, they smelled awful to her. Grrrr her stomach growled. She hadn't eaten anything at dinner.

When she got out, once again in her blue pajamas, You was already asleep. Looking at the full moon, a blood thirsty monster tried to break free. "Not..going to let myself..lose." Kusa quietly ran downstairs.

"Still up?" Yosh startled Kusa, making her almost jump backwards.

"Onaka ga suita." Kusa replied in her cute, little girl voice.

"You didn't eat anything. Of course you're hungry. There's ramen, rice, donuts, leftover pizza in the fridge.

"Happy Pizza?"

"Moon Child fan?" They both nodded, laughing, to answer each other. Although the pizza wasn’t drugged and 'Happy Pizza' didn't exist.

"How 'bout ramen and pizza?"

"Sure, I'll cook it for you." He offered.

"Uh, it's ok. I can-"

"You don't have to do everything yourself. If you need something, just ask." He got the pizza out of the fridge, put some on a plate, and put it in the microwave. When it was heated enough, he gave it to Kusa. "Eat this while you wait for the ramen."

"A..arigato gozaimasu." She took the pizza and sat at the table. Yosh sniffed the air.

"Did you take a shower? You smell like..."He could tell that Kusa didn't want to hear it. "Nevermind. Can you start boiling the water? I'll be right back." By the time he got back, she had left to go upstairs. "Goodnight." He knew that she had only begun up the stairs, yet she didn't respond.

In the bed lay a violinist who's blood was tasty. Kusa stood in the doorway for a few minutes, staring at the man. She took a deep breath and walked over to her side of the bed. As she got under the covers, You turned around. His move revealed the red marks that decorated one side of his neck.

"Ku-chan, don't." Yosh came upstairs to make sure that You was alright, being that he was sleeping with a vampire.” Just tonight. It's the last night of the full moon. Try to hold yourself back, ok?" He left and turned into the room that You usually slept in. 'Ku-chan' was glad that Yosh would be awake for awhile, but You still looked yummy.

"You-san, gomen nasai," she said in a low voice. Kusa put one leg on one side of him and the other on the other side. She did the same with her hands. She didn't know how he didn't even move when she did this, but You stayed sound asleep. Slowly, she placed her mouth on his wound and licked the dried blood. It was so sweet, and salty, too. It tasted like metal from the iron. When it bled slower, she scraped her teeth on his neck. The blood was like red ink flowing from a broken pen. With the sting of open flesh being licked, You twitched and tried to roll over. He couldn't move. Waking up, he could tell that someone was on top of him.

"Ga-chan? No..." He'd been dreaming about his friend and had forgotten that he was no longer there. Whoever was on top of him smelled like Gackt. The outline looked like Gackt. They even had soft hair like Gackt when he felt it across his face. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't remember who it could be. "Yosh! Tasukete!" he yelled. Kusa payed no mind to his cried for help and continued to weaken him.

"Ku-chan!" Yosh ran into the locked door. "Ow...Let me in!"

"Kusa-chan!" Finally, he remembered the girl. "Yamero kudasai! Please, stop it!" Kusa had his arms pinned down to the bed, and his struggling only made him weaker. "Yosh! Hayaku!"

"Chachamaru, tasukete!" Yosh ran to wake Chachamaru up. Both of them slammed their bodies against the door, trying to break it down. You was loosing consciousness quickly. He was so close to death. So close to the same place as Gackt and Kami and Kuri. Finally, Chacha and Yosh got through the door. all they saw was You. He was lying on the bed alone. There was blood on the pillow underneath him, but not much. Kusa was nowhere to be seen. However, she did leave one thing: her black stone ribbon. She had tied it around You's neck.

"You-kun? Daijoubu?" Chachamaru touched You's shoulder. He was cold, but had a slow pulse. "Don't die on us. We'll bring you to the hospital. You'll be ok."

"Ga...chan..."

"Kusa, where are you? I know you're still here. We aren't going to hurt you. Yosh, go grab a towel."

"Hai." Yosh ran into the bathroom and jumped back out.

"What's wrong? Is she in there?" Chachamaru went to check it out. The lights were almost all burnt out, so it would be useless to turn them on. He couldn't see much, but he could hear a constant drip drip drip drip. A blue light flashed from behind the door. In the five seconds that it was on, Chachamaru could see Kusa in the mirror. Blood was on her face and neck and dripping from the corner of her mouth. The light had been from her mp3 player.

"What do you want?" As if she didn't know. "You'll turn me into the police. I can't let you live." She walked around the door in a slow, creepy manner.

"Ku-chan, what about-"

"What about what? The funeral, and songs? The 'Dears?' The fans?"

"Yosh! Call Hy-!"

Kusa pressed her lips against Chachamaru's to silence him. She pulled him forward and closed the door. "Call who? Someone who knows how to stop me? I'd only kill him, too. Of course, you should all know how to kill a vampire."

"I'm not going to kill you! Do you really miss him enough to want to die so badly? How foolish. You have most of your life still. Get over it!"

"Not only Gackt...Kuri, and You-san. I killed them. I killed. Because I'm a vampire. You have no idea what it's like." Even in the dark, Kusa's eyes flashed, as well as her teeth. "I'm only half vampire. I can only kill. I can't turn them into vampires. I can't let them live or turn them immortal."

"So you think killing yourself will somehow bring them back?" What he was saying made sense. Kusa let go of him. "Come on, let's go see if You is-"

"I know he's dead. You don't have to pretend. Don't act like there's some chance of him living. I'm not a child." She slipped her hand behind her back, grabbing hold of something wrapped in cloth.

"Ku-chan, are you still there?" He asked. The room was too dark to see anything. He reached his hand in front of him. Before he extended it very far, he hit something sharp with his middle finger. Quickly, he turned on a dim light that was by the mirror. Kusa flung one arm up in front of her face. "What's this? Gonna kill me, too?"

In her hand, she held a large piece of broken glass. The bottom was wrapped in blue, silk-like cloth. "Just kill me! I don't want to live, so let me die! I won't be alone. I'll have Gackt and Kami and You with me. Besides, it's either i die, or you and Yosh die. So, hayaku." She handed the glass to Chachamaru, who took it with shaking hands.

"Chacha-kun! Are you ok?" Yosh opened the door, forcing Chachamaru into Kusa.

"Yosh! Baka! Baka!" He screamed as he looked down. The shard had pierced Kusa's chest. Kusa didn't look at all in pain. She was smiling. Not a sweet smile, but an evil one. She looked at Chachamaru, and then at Yosh.

"Finally, I can leave you pathetic humans. Arigato, Yosh-kun. Hon..to..ni..a.." Her eyes dilated and she went limp. Chachamaru caught her and carried her out of the small space. He lay her on Gackt's bed beside You.

"Now what?" Chacha asked the answerless question as the stood at the bedside. "Hey, Yosh, bring me that notebook." Gackt's notebook lay open on the dresser. Yosh walked over to it and saw poems, songs that he didn't recognize. They weren’t in Gackt's handwriting, but they were in hiragana with a few kanji thrown in.

"Songs. She did write them." He tossed the book over to Chachamaru.

"Now we have a funeral for three. Just a plain funeral. No Kusa. No You to cheer us up when we're down. Just you, me, Hyde, and Megu-chan." He touched Kusa's pale, cold cheek. "No vampires."

"Yosh looked out the window. "She said only on full moons, right?" He asked and Chacha nodded.. "Tonight was the last night. If she could have lived a few hours longer-"

"She'd still want to die." He finished Yosh's sentence. "There's no way we could have changed her mind. No matter what, she would've ended up dying. Maybe she would have made it until the funeral, but who knows."

"Yeah. So, what are we supposed to do?"

"Call Hyde..." Chachamaru grabbed Kusa's phone off of the nightstand that was by the bed. "Looks like Ku-chan has his number." Hyde's phone number was in the contact list of her phone. Pressing the call button, a ring filled Chachamaru's ears.

"Moshi moshi?" Hyde was half asleep. He thought it would be Kusa on the other end, that was what the caller ID said.

"Haido-san?"

"Chachamaru? What's wrong?"

"Ku-chan..." That was all he could say.

Hyde hung up the phone. What did she do this time? he thought as he got out of bed. Hurriedly, he got dressed, out the door, and into the car. As he pulled up to the house, he saw that a window was open. He thought that she might've only ran away.

Before he even got to the door, Yosh opened it and invited him inside. Chachamaru had stayed upstairs. "Hi..." He stared at the floor. Without a word, Hyde followed Yosh upstairs. When they got upstairs, he could see that he was wrong. She hadn't run off, she was dead.

"Dammit!" He ran to Kusa's side and kneeled down. She was cold, pale, still, and silent. "Ku-chan! Ku-chan! Kusa, you idiot. You's gone, too..." He said as he looked at You's neck. It wasn't bleeding anymore. There wasn't any left to bleed. "Should we...call the police now?"

"yea..." Chachamaru once again picked up the black cell phone. "Who's this? A boyfriend? Oh, nevermind. Kami." There was a picture of Kami as the background. Kami. Always happy. Always smiling.

"Hello, you've reached the Okinawa police. What's your emergency?"

"My name is Yukihiro Fujimura. I have a murder to report."

"Can you give me the name of the victim?"

"Yes. You ______."

"Do you know who committed the crime?"

"Yes. Kusa Areruson."

"And the address?"

Chacha gave the woman the address.

"Thank you. We're sending police over there now." She hung up and then Chachamaru did the same. They were near the Okinawa police station and could hear the faint buzz of sirens.

"Should we bring them-"

"No, leave them here. Let's go downstairs and wait for them." Chachamaru and Yosh walked out of the room without waiting for Hyde's reply. Hyde stayed with Kusa and You.

It was only a matter of minutes before Chachamaru returned with police. Hyde stood up from the edge of the bed and gave a small bow.

"Are you Kusa?"

"Oh, no. I'm Hideto Takarai."

"Are you an ally of Kusa's?"

"Not in the murder. I was her friend, and she was my fan. I had nothing to do with the murder and was called over after the murder had happened." He was struggling with the questioning again.

"Fan? Was this some sort of jealousy crime?"

"No."

"Do you know any possible motive?"

"Blood. She wanted blood and she wanted to die."

"Blood? In a vampire way or in a revenge way?"

"Half. She was a half vampire. You've seen the news, right? Or one of the officers must have told you about the Gackt case. That was her on the phone." He tried to remember the woman's name while the officer was giving him a weird look. "Ichino, was it?"

"Oh, yes. She was originally handling the Gackt case. I heard about some vampire and assumed that it was just some poor girl in shock from watching someone get killed. It's happened. Were we supposed to have taken that seriously?"

"You're a cop! That's your job, isn't it?" He silently snapped at the man.

"I saw it." Chachamaru spoke up. "I saw her drinking You's blood. She is crazy, but not like that."

"Ok, I'll buy it for now. Where is she?"

"She's on the bed. With You." Hyde struggled to hold back a few tears and pointed to the bed.

The rest of the time was spent answering questions about Kusa. The officer wanted to get an ambulance to take the bodies to the lab for autopsies, but Chachamaru, Yosh, and Hyde didn't agree to that.

Two days before the funeral, they decided that they would call Kusa's friends. It was going to be difficult, especially when they talked to her parents. First, they called Icha. He had called may times since the night Gackt died and Kusa lost it. When Icha answered the phone, he was panicky about who was calling. At first, he thought that Kusa had been kidnapped, but then Hyde was able to calmly explain what happened.

"Icha-san, I am going to give you airline tickets so that you can come to her funeral, ok?" He almost lost control when he said 'funeral.'

"Oh...ok.." Icha hung up.

Next were her parents. Both of them were shocked. Although neither of them seemed as sad as Icha. Hyde couldn't believe that Kusa's parents weren't showing more emotion. Did they really not care? He wanted to ask them why they didn't seem to care, but knew it wasn't his place to ask.When it came to calling the rest of her friends, they were at the mall. At Kusa's favorite store to make it worse. They gave the phone to the manager of the store, who knew Kusa quite well, so that she could also hear the news.

"So, she finally met Gackt-san and you, huh? I'm glad she got to see you. Since she was about 12 or 13, she's loved Gackt and Hyde. Always bought Gackt CDs from here and only here. She loved everything Japanese, so I'm not surprised that she moved there. When she had been talking about it, she said that the only thing keeping her here in America for so long was this store..." She trailed off. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"No, it's ok. I'm glad to hear more about her. We're holding a funeral in a few days here in Japan. By the way that you talk about her, she'd probably want you to come as well. I can send someone over there to watch your shop for you." Not only were Kusa's friends and family coming, but the owner of her store was coming, too.

After those calls were done, they called Mana, and Kozi and Yuki. The next morning, they saw the news again.

"Two nights ago, another GacktJOB member has been killed. This time, it was violinist and gutiarist, You. You also fell victim to the 'vampire.' He was bitten on the neck and had his blood drained from there as well. Not only was he killed, but the vampire was as well. Kusa Areruson was her name. She was about to kill another man when someone forced a shard of glass into her chest. These two would like to remain anonymous. As for the Gackt story, there will be a funeral held tommorow. The original plan was for a few Dears to be invited, but they have cancelled that and apologize to the fans that were planing to attend. That is all for now." The TV was again clicked off.

The day of the funeral came and almost no one talked. Megumi sang the songs that Kusa wrote. She also sang Black Stone, Last Song, and even U+K. By the end, everyone felt a little better. They all left, dressed in black. Thay all lost touch. After all, what's the point if there isn't going to be anyone happy around? (Although Hyde and Megumi stayed together, of course.) Gackt and You's home was left untouched for the next 10 years.







---------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading my suckish fanfic. I'm not a very good writer as you can tell. *scoots behind a wall* I can usually only write sad things, so i apologize for starting out decent and tehn going all depressed and emo-ish. And I don't know chcha or you or yosh or hyde or megumi, so i don't really kno how they would act in a situation like that. I also don't know how my friends would act if i died. Or how my parents would, but, the way thhey did act was sorta how I feel most of the time. BUt i know one thing: If my friends heard that Gackt died, they'd get on the phone with me right that second. ^.^;; ok, end of authoress's notes.

P.S. When I get at least a little bit better at writing, I'll probably make a sequel or something. :) I like writing, even if i suck at it.
o(^.~)_v