Other Fan Fiction ❯ Lad 14 ❯ The Fall, and The Rise. ( Chapter 6 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Marie awoke the next morning in a room much darker than her's. She looked over to a standard sized window covered by a thick blanket. She turned her head to where she heard a sound coming from. The sound of sleeping breathes? The voiced moaned a little coming out of sleep, and sat up. Patricia looked towards Marie in no way being able to see her. "Marie, you awake?" she asked quietly, just in case she wasn't. "Yeah... Are you ok?" "You know, I'm fine. You being ok is what's important." Patricia pulled off her eye covers with this being the first time Marie saw the metal hands. "That must really be something to get use to," she commented. "It is, but I don't wanna talk about that. I wanna talk about what happened," she said. Marie couldn't help but be surprised by how serious the toony red head was being. "What happened? I don't remember anything from when that eek was posing as me." She rolled up long sleeves very similar to the pink night she had before. "Patricia... I... I'm sorry I ran away. I wanted to make things right with the Skull Heart," she said, and Peacock smiled. "I think it would have happened either way. At least both of us didn't have to end you like I did." She reached into a draw and pulled out a bear trap and metal polish. It was quiet as she watched her polish her 'teeth' for a moment. "So... What else happened?" she asked with her eyes looked at the teeth and Marie at the same time. "While... she... it...Uhh..." She looked down and away with a yawn. "She tried to attack me, but I fought her off," she finally answered. "Is that how we ended up outside?" she asked as she went into detail with her teeth. "No, I don't mean that. I didn't want you-- her-- it..." Marie put her hand on her face, and Patricia looked up to her confused. "She tried to force herself on me. She said you wanted to do those things to me, and she just unlocked whatever deeper desires you had. Or something like that, "she answered. It was silent as she had stopped polishing her teeth to think about what may have happened with what Marie was talking about. "I fought her off me, but I knew it wasn't you doing that. You wouldn't hurt me that way. As far as how she want about being you she was very good at it. Somehow, the others just accepted you wanted the blue 'make over' she said it was." Marie looked up and smiled. "But, they don't know you like I do." Patricia sat there still in a pause for another moment, then went back to cleaning. "Patricia..." The silence was unnerving to Bloody Marie after what she just told her. "That's a very serious thing she was trying push on me, and I didn't want it." That statement made Peacock's toothless mouth twitch as she continued to wipe the blades of the trap. There was another silence that lasted longer. Marie pushed herself to sit up, and turned to sit on the side of the bed. Patricia took pause from her cleaning, and looked at Marie. "It's not that. I'm glad you didn't let that happen. I just feel like this whole thing is crazy. I've never felt this way before, and I honestly thought I never would. I don't even think I should feel these things." "I can say the same thing, yet, here we are," she said getting out of the bed. "We have some growing up to do. We should just be friends until we know who we really are." She walked over to the door, and Patricia just sat there getting sick of this defeated feeling. She tucked in her lips to keep her gums from grinding into each other as Marie left without an argument.

Peacock got cleaned up and dressed before she went looking for Dr. Preston. She wasted no time walking up to the woman when she found her in the main part of the sectioned lab. "Doc," she called her attention to her. "Good morning, Project: Peacock. How did it go?" she asked with a light smile. Peacock frowned and shrugged. "We don't hate each other," was all she could say. The doctor looked disappointed, but Peacock continued before she could ask more about it. "You have anything to do... like outside assignments, or anything?" she asked. "Hmm... Well, for your age, we could send you to a formal school," she started, tapping her pen to her chin. The cartoon gang boss groaned at the idea of some random teacher-bitch telling her what to do. "We do need to work on your social skills, if only for a session." "What are ya? A shrink, now?" she countered. "I'm talking about fightin' and killin', lady! I don't wanna get soft from just sitting around all day!" Preston narrowed her eye brows, and opened her mouth to say something. "Dr. Preston, I do believe this is MY area!" an different female voice said coming up behind. They looked over to a fair skinned, bright orange haired woman noticeably shorter than Dr. Preston, and dressed much less modestly. She looked a lot like the woman that sent Peacock and the others out to find Marie and Painwheel when they left. "I'm Dr. Idol. My assistant told me she saw you when she sent you out to get Project Painwheel, and Subject: SB - 0," she said with a sadistic smile, and Peacock grin at her. "Dr. Preston, I'll remind you that our policies say that when a subject asks for something covered by a different department they are to be directed to that department," she glared to Preston. "Department? What are you talking about?" "I'll explain on the way to my office. You want an assignment, right?" Peacock nodded, and followed Dr. Idol.

"Unlike Lab 0, and 8 we don't run under one head doctor," she explained when they got in the elevator. "We're sectioned off into different departments, but Elise and Preston are chronic violators of not sending to me when they want what you're asking for," she continued with a sneer. "What do they do?" "Elise is over Subject Testing and Evaluations Department. He does have his own subjects, however. He's taken on full responsibility for Subject: SB - 0, among others. Preston is the Operations and Surgeons Director. You can just find Elise and Preston close together because he chooses to latch on to her like a servant golem. She said something about maybe taking you since Elise called Marie, but it seems she doesn't have the personality that suits your individual needs," she answered. "And you?" "I'm Mission and Assignment Affairs Director. I take responsibility for anyone while they're out on an assignment given by me, or my assistants. Due to lack of available subjects, I'm not here as often these days, but there is much to do if you ever get bored. From helping with paper work around the offices, and assisting in any cleaning duties to genocidal sweeps," she announced proudly. "Well, I don't want any paper work, that's for sure," she replied making Dr. Idol laugh. "Oh no! I wouldn't do that to you! I have a quite few fun things you might want to do, Peacock! You, and your little friends!"

Marie didn't see Peacock for a few days after that. When her tests were over she called for Dr. Elise's personal attention. "Dr. Elise, where's Patricia? I have seen her around for a while," she asked still in her test suit. "Oh... Project Peacock is now on assignment under Dr. Idol," he reluctantly answered. "Who's Dr. Idol?" "She's over Missions for subjects. She can assign punishment duties, and if the subject doesn't follow her rules with the punishment they get a harsher punishment. You don't have to worry about her, though," he answered with a big smile. "That's all she does?" "Well, her assistant directed that search party that found you and Coral. If anyone wants to help with anything around the facility she can put them to work on that, and it doesn't have to be a punishment." Marie looked at him knowing something was missing. "You see, I'm over this testing area, and Dr. Preston is over the doctoring stuff. Our departments are more closely related than her's so we don't have to talk to her much." "What are you leaving out in you explanation of her position?" "She sometimes sends subjects to do things I consider unethical," he answered closing him eyes, not wanting to go farther. Marie had to accept his vague explanation, and put the pieces together for herself. She was far from surprised Patricia would go to someone like that. "Unlike Lab 8 and 0, this isn't an Anti - Skull Girl Lab. Other than that we just work on various types of weaponry and other means of scientific study. We worked on things and 8 and 0 would come and take what they thought would be useful to them. We were much more willing to help Lab 8, though. They were more willing to credit us, and be more open their projects - which is how a trusty work relationship is made," he nodded thinking of Dr. Avian and his staff. "Some of those things you saw in Lab 0 was a product of ours, that may have had some Lab 0 modifications." "So, you are like an assistant lab." "We were, but now they'd destroyed. It's very likely we'll be making some changes to being an official Anti Skull Girl Lab. We know full well the Skull Heart will be back. There's no such thing as completely destroying something that isn't of this world to start with," he said casting a glare to the floor. "The Skull Heart is of this world, as to why it's here. But, there is no destroying it. There will always be Skull Girls." "I know. I have a Skull girl in my family. She's generations back, but she did damage that has lasted to this day, as did Nancy." "Elizabeth..." Marie said finished changing. "Huh?" "Elizabeth is your many-times-great-grand aunt. She's the SG you were referring to. The Heart carries the history of girls before it into it's new girl." Dr. Elise stared at her for a moment. "I see."

That night - the former SG sat on her bed, in her room, idly waiting for time to pass. She chuckled at how she told Patricia they needed to grow up. She really didn't have faith in coming back from where she was going in an hour or so. When it was time she changed clothes and took some aspirin to thin her blood a little. She put on a black bikini style top with a thin see through shirt of it, spandex short, a black belt, ankle socks, and high top sneakers. She put some straps and pocket clips on the belt. She put her hair up in a pony tail, and put on it her shades. There was a knock on her door, and when it opened she was gone and the window was blowing in the night air.

Marie didn't waste any time getting to the Medici headquarters. It was an unmissable eyesore mash-up of buildings, but Marie already knew where she was going. When she walked in some people looked at her oddly, but mostly went on about their own business. She looked around as she went looking for the exact middle of the room, but 2 large men walked up to her. "Ma'am... how old are you?" one asked. "13, why?" "Ma'am you have to leave," was the last thing he said before they were both stabbed by bloody hand blades. She pushed them off to the side, and a woman screamed seeing it, calling attention to her. When Marie opened to elevator the bloody mess of bodies was reflected in the shiny silver elevator walls. She took the elevator up to the highest floor it would go thinking about how it would go if she asked Painwheel to help. She knew it wasn't going to be easy from this point on. By the time she made it close to where she was she acquired some guns she didn't walk in with, but she wasn't very hurt. They were just mindless shooting grunts, and anyone that could dodge and block bullets could got past them. Vitale speed walked into the hall with a worried Cerebella moving up in front of him. They made eye contact and and Marie moved the guns into her belt. "Wait. THIS is what's killing everyone?" Cere said getting close to the albino. She didn't say anything as Cere laughed and pulled Vise Versa from her dress. Marie looked past her to Vilate and pointed at him with her eye brows narrowed. "I don't think so, you little brat!" Cere sneered and threw the living hat on her head. Marie pulled her flesh arm back in a throwing pose, then threw her hand forward. Marie's blood pushed the 'main attraction's' blood out of her back and it stabbed into Vitale. The blood dropped when the task was done. "Agh!" He went down and Cere gasped at the sight of the man's limp body. "Vitale!" Cere screamed and looked back to Marie despite the pain she was already in. "Damn yoooooooooou!" she yelled charging for the blood powered albino. Cere slipped on the blood that covered the once clean gold tilts floors. "What...?" she sat up and looked at the blood running from the elevator door. She didn't know it was the blood of everyone Marie's killed so far. If someone walked in the lower floors they would see a bloodless genocide. "Ahh! What are you?!" Cere cried in fear moving away from the body. "Vatile! VATILE!!!" she crawled to his body in panic. Marie walked closer to her, as his blood joined the rest. "He was just using you. I hope in the next life you find true love." "No! Vilate did care about me!" she yelled back looking over to Vise Versa. "No, he cared about you using Vise Versa. He spent you out on missions that were at all costs, like everyone else, right?" "You-- I-- SHUT UP!" she demanded out-raged. "Vatile! Wake up, and tell her you care about me! Tell her she's a lair!" she cried in rage shaking his body. Marie just looked at the sight and slowly shook her head. "I can't say I fell your pain, but pray for better in the next life.... For, this one ends here." "VITAAAAAAAALE!"

When the grand elevator doors to Lorenzo's office opened Cerebella was standing there without her famous hat on her head. "Ce-- Cerebella..." he said getting up from his chair ready to run. A tall pale woman in a purple dress, featured hat, cape, and black vile over her face walked in. She held up her gun arm quietly. "Va...tile..." Cerebella moaned as she took a few steps in and fell over dead to reveal Bloody Marie behind her. Marie walked up and kicked off her shoes before putting her foot on Cere's butt. "You scum are next," she said placing a razor blade in her month. She cut her tongue with it and spat it out at them. The blade landed in the mafia boss's desk. "Little girl..." Dahlia warned pointing her girl getting in front of Lorenzo. "I'm not here for you, woman..." she hissed with blood running freely from her mouth. She opened up her usual back and chest wounds with unusual speed. That more she did it the easier it was, but the blood she enslaved helped. Blood hooked on to Cerebella and flew her corpse at Lorenzo. He ducked, letting gun fly out with window with broken glass following her. "You're next," she hissed at him. He ran for the door but blood rushed over to beat his sickly body to it, and sealed the door shut. "No escape..." She moved closer as more blood moved under her, and circled her steps. Dahlia ran in for an attack, and the blood moved under her and she slipped down, as Cerebella did before. She quickly aimed her gun at Marie, and fired, but it wasn't hard for Marie to move her head. "You grunts are all the same," she said disappointed. Dahlia was faster than she looked already back on her feet. She broke through Marie's blood shield and flung the girl across the room. "All bark, and no bite," she mocked. She neared Marie pointing her large gun down to Marie's face. Marie had just relived she'd been fighting for hours. Though the fight were easy she had using her blood powers since she walked in the door. She'd have to use the other blood she collected to beat Black Dahlia more than her own, now. Blood shoot in the women's face, and she screamed firing blindly at the floor. Marie moved herself into position. "Feel the PAIN!" she called out, and blood collected on her back and spun out landing multiple whip hips on BD. They were both still able to move, and BD swung her gun blindly until she got enough blood of her vile to see. Marie fell being hit in the hip! It wasn't a cutting wound, until Marie turned it into one, and the blood ran like a broken damn. "Oh... Seems I'm not the only extraordinary one around here. Why don't you join us, my dear?" BD offered in a mocking tone of kindness. "Me? Join you! I was enslaved because of the mafia, and now I will kill you all!" Marie yelled getting back up. The blood started to spin around Marie as her rage grew. "Kill...you...ALL!" Green vein-like things forms from the blood still on the floor, and locked in place over the door. The younger of the room launched her metal at Dahlia and grabbed her chest, to hold her in place. The room suddenly went dark, except for the glowing green veins, and moonlight. Blood surrounded her flesh arm as she took it in front of her, and when she swung hard green spike few out and made a direct hit on Dahlia! The pounding blows put her in a daze making it easy for Marie to attack her again, which she gladly did! Loud breaking sounds came from below them, and Lorenzo ran to the window to see what was going on. There were bigger green veins on the side of the set of buildings with cracks forming around them. "There... She's..." he backed away in shock. "None of us are leaving here alive, because we don't deserve to," she said dropping Dahlia. "That girl was lucky. She met a much faster end than we will." Marie fell on her knees out of energy, and unable to do more with her powers. Dahlia wasn't dead, but too dazed and injured to move. There was no where for the old man to run, but he made a break for his desk. Marie pulled a gun from her belt and shoot through the desk to his legs. "No... You will get the painful death you deserve." "It's never over..." the old man wheezed. "Even when the Medici dies there are other mafia, and there will be more..." "But, it won't be you ever again. That's what I'm here to make sure of." "You're..." the man labored more breathes. "The Skull Girl, no more." The building cracked more and broke down some. They could hear the other buildings breaking down faster. "What are...?" BD asked coming out of her daze. "It's too late, Dahlia. I'm so sorry," he said to the cyborg woman. The building slumped as it made another major break, and they felt this one much more harshly. "I'm sorry, Patricia. You'll find a girlfriend just right for you," she said to herself smiling. She had random clips of memories rolled in Marie's head as the green veins moved on her to hold her in place. BD's slowly moved her gun towards Marie with the will to kill her with any strength she had left. ""You...brat," she hissed. Marie was losing consciousness at this point. "I wanted to see the next Skull girl," was the last thing she said before she slipped away.

"Marie!" a raspy childish voice yelled. Peacock flew past the window as the towers all went farther down. She few back when she saw Marie's x ray pattern more clearly in her Argus Eyes. She flew in window making another whole in it. She looked over to BD as she was about to fire, but the tower starting going side-ways and the shoot missed. "New try, granny!" she mocked with a cocky grin, and went to pull Marie up. The veins had a tight hold on her, but she broke them off and flew away with her friend on her arms. She made a long curve to avoid the tower's pieces, then stopped and turned to watch it go down some. She looked at the peaceful sleeper in her arms when the castles of the Medici family had gone down enough for her satisfaction. So many feelings hit her all at once: anger - Marie didn't bring her to help, joy - the Medici family was dead, sadness - if she hadn't showed up Marie would've been flattened with the bad guys, charmed - by Marie's state and attire. The undesirable reality was she couldn't help how she felt or who she felt for.

Marie opened her eyes, but this time she wasn't in a hospital room. She wasn't indoors, at all. She opened her eyes to a purple sky with blue and black clouds. She turned her head to see she was laying in a field of dark green and black grass, and there was a black tree with purple leaves. She stood up dusting her dress off, and looked around hoping to see some people. She started walking, but then she felt something big grab her wrist. It felt like Peacock's big white glove, but when she turned around it was Patricia... She was a normal human. Marie looked around around, and she could tell she was suddenly on her way to school. She was in a different neighborhood from where they lived, and weird a strange uniform. Patricia was wearing the same uniform style, but unlike Marie ankle length jumper she was wearing a knee length skirt with black leggings and knee high purple boots. "Come on, Marie! What's wrong? We're gonna be late!" Patricia said annoyed. Marie came to herself, and nodded. "I'm sorry," she said quietly. "Yeah, yeah! Come on!" she said pulled Marie.

They ran up to a nicely sized school as other girls walked up. Marie looked around, then noticed the sign on the school read 'Walker's Girls' Middle School'. Marie's eyes widened and she looked down somehow shy for attending an all girl school. "Oh, wow... What time is it?" Patricia said looking at her OFFICIALLY LICENSED ANNIE OF THE STARS wrist watch. "What the hell?! Why are all the clocks at home 15 mins fast? Damn those idiots..." she sneered, then turned to Marie. Marie looked down at how Patricia was still holding her wrist, and she let go. "Sorry. The people I have to live with..." she grumbled putting her hands on her hips. "Well, we can eat breakfast, or hang out," she said throwing her hands behind her head. Marie smiled at her and started walking inside. "And, that's why Peacocks are my FAVORITE bird!" Patricia said proudly finishing up reading her paper. The class clipped for her. "That's a great paper Patricia!" the teacher said happily. "Ok, now it's your turn to read your essay Marie," the teacher said looking over to her. Marie pulled out a paper, and started rubbing her face. "Marie?" the teacher called.

"Marie?!" Patricia said trying to get her attention. She felt a large glove on her shoulder and she turned around. Patricia was standing next to her smiling, and taller now. She was wearing a pink feminine pants suit, with her hair shorter than before. Marie looked down holding papers in front of her, and she saw she was taller as well. She was now in a spinning chair in a large bedroom next to a computer and printer on a desk. She blushed a little at being in white underwear, even with it being an under shirt and boy shorts. "Well, you picked out where you want to go?" "Go?" She looked at the papers seeing they were of a hotel on an island out side of the kingdom. "You know, for vacation!" Patricia said. She sat on the bed on and took off her boots. "Here..." Marie said heading her the papers. Patricia took her arm and pulled her out of the chair into her lap, and put her hand on her hip. Marie blushed harder, but she was comfortable with where she was sitting. "Hmm..." Patricia looked from the papers to her. "Why is your face red?" "It's red...? I don't know," she answered leaning onto the suited female. Patricia smirked and put the papers down. "You're so cute. You know, it's not hard for you to get me in the mood," she purred into Marie's ear. "I know," she giggles wrapping her arms around her love's neck. Patricia took off her jacket, and Marie took it, and walked into the bathroom.

When she opened her eyes in the door, she was suddenly a waitress in a bar holding some trays with beers. She looked around confused, and a hairy short man yelled at her "Marie! Table 14!" "Oh, right!" she said, and hurried to the table. She went noticing there were a lot of females in the place, a few looked like men, but they were in fact woman. She walked up to her marked table, and a red head in a wife-beater and baggy blue jeans turned to her looking away from her butch friends. "Oh...," she purred sticking a freshly lite cigar in her mouth. "My, oh my. What do we have here?" They all looked Marie over, but the other 2 shrugged. "She looks green. All yours, Peacock," one of them waved dismissing the albino. " 'Peacock'?" Marie repeated looked at the red head as she was looking at her legs. "Nice stems ya got there, sweet-cheeks. It'd be a pleasure to wear 'em," she said fighting the urge to touch them. "Oh, umm...," Marie sat the drinks down. Peacock grabbed her and placed her in her lap. "You should get with me after work, girlie," she said huffing out some smoke away from Marie's direction. "She's off work now. I'm here," a women said walking up to them. "Thanks for covering for me, Marie!" The woman walked off without anything else. "Uhh..." Marie looked scared all the sudden. "Looks like I'm having fish tonight, for sure!" Peacock said excited. "Hey, chill out. I think you're scarin' 'er," her other friend said. "Oh, no need to be scared, doll. I'll take good care of ya!" When she grabbed between Marie's legs the she closed her eyes and scared.

When she opened her eyes, she and Peacock were on a large cloud off the Earth. It was somehow in space, and they were looking at the Earth. "What's wrong?" she asked. Marie sat up, looking at Peacock as she knew her now. She was again back in her maid outfit, and looked at the plant. "I guess I had a nightmare," she answered much less clueless than in the pervious visions. "Hmm..." she looked back outward as well. "Peacock--" The girl sharply turned to her. "Don't call me that! Please, don't call me that. You're the only one that calls me Patricia, and I like it." Marie looked at her surprised, but smiled in understanding. "Sorry, Patricia. I'm just use to hearing Peacock now. Maybe the others should call you Patricia," she suggested. "No, that's only for special people," she replied taking off her hat. They continued to look out at the Earth quietly, and it wasn't boring in by any means. It was beautiful to look at, and Marie felt good just being near her childhood friend. "I want to stay here with you, like this," she said moving closer to Peacock. She smiled to Marie's comment, and moved in closer, as well. "I want to stay, too, but we can't," she retorted. "Why not?" Marie looked at her sadly. "Because, we're alive. We need to move on," she answered still smiling. "I like being alive, Marie! Don't you?" "Being alive isn't the problem. It's what happens in life that I dislike." "Well, things have a chance of getting better if you keep living! As bad as things were I like what I am now!" "I know you do." Marie smiled closing her eyes. "Maybe one day... Just not today, Patricia." That statement could have meant a lot of things, when she thought about it. Life, her relationship with Patricia, how good she could feel about herself, and so much more. Sometimes, the hyper loud mouth could make a good point based on her own perceptive. Peacock was made to beat the Skull Girl, and now that she had what was she going to do with herself now? There will be a new girl, but there's no promise that they'll live to see her. Yet, she was not slacking in any will to do what she wanted. Marie, on the other hand, finally killed the main part of the Medici so what was she to go on for? She had honestly given up on Patricia, because they're so different. Was she calling it too soon, or did they really just need the chance to grow? Is it what she really needed, or just wanted? What about everything else? How was she going to live now?

She took a deep breathe in all these thoughts. "Don't worry, Marie. I'll always be your friend," Patricia suddenly said. Marie looked over to her and smiled big. "Do you remember, Patricia?" she asked hopefully. "Of course, I do!" she said with a light blush. "We have something no one or no thing can take away from us, like you said! We'll always have each other, no matter what!" Patricia and Marie smiled to each other until Marie looked down. "I just wish I could get this right." "I just want you, Marie," Peacock said looking at her slightly annoyed. "Just being near you and knowing you're safe is enough," she ended with a soft smile. Dr. Elise appeared behind them. "Hey, Marie!" he said in his usual happy tone. "Dr. Elise!" "I want you to come back, but I understand if you don't want to. You've been through a lot of horrible things. You shouldn't come back just because we want you to. You should come back because YOU want to. I can't tell you things will get better, because I don't know the future. I can tell you things will only move forward. You'll get past this point in life, if you live it!" Dr. Preston, and Coral appeared behind him. "Please come back, Marie. Come back with hopes things will get better for your life," Preston said. "You have to try," Coral said with an ironic smile. "You can make a new home, and life for yourself." Marie smiled to all of them. "The world is full of horrors," Marie turned away from them, and she was alone looking at the Earth now. She smiled and laid back down.

She opened her eyes to blurs of white. She could hardly understand what she was hearing, but she knew she heard noises. She felt something gripping her shoulders, and she looked into the blurry face of Dr. Elise. "Marie!" he cried happily. "Go get Dr. Preston, and Project Peacock! She's awake!" he called out. Marie moved her lips, but he couldn't hear what she said. When Dr. Preston and Peacock walked in Marie turned her head to them. "Young lady, what were you think?" Dr. Preston said with exhausted worry in her voice. "I would say I can't believe you went without me, but I can," Patricia said still a pissed of about it. "Don't start with that now," Dr. Elise lightly fussed. "Marie, can you understand me?" he asked nicely, and she nodded. "What happened?" she asked in a raspy weakened voice. "You killed the Medici," Dr. Elise answered. "As soon as they said you were gone I knew where you went! I got you unglued from the floor. You would've been flattened, if I hadn't found you!" Peacock fussed. "You lost a lot of blood. We almost lost you," Dr. Preston said as Dr. Elise took her hand. "You slept for 2 weeks! It drove me crazy!" Peacock added. "-er." Elise through in. Peacock glared at him, but didn't argue. "Oh... What do I do now?" she asked. "Live," Elise answered. Preston smiled, and nodded in agreement. Peacock grinned big showing off all of her shiny bear trap.

FIN