Other Fan Fiction ❯ Waking Up ❯ Waking Up ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
AN: I do not own Shiawase Kissa Sanchoume or the characters. This was written after reading chapters 19 and 20.




Through the wall I can hear her taking a shower, getting ready to go to work. In another half hour, she’ll be knocking on my door, ready to walk together to the shop.

I’m not sure I can face her today.

‘Now there’s me living next to you…’

I can still hear her innocent voice saying that. But in my dream…

It was dark, the starlight was shining through the window by which they sat. She smiled at him kindly.

‘From now on, there’s me living next to you. Please call for me anytime.’

She looked so innocent, so pure. His fear of the dark disappeared. And now, he burned. Leaning, he braced his arms on the wall behind her, trapping her in place.

‘Aren’t you scared? It’s only me in this house.’ He leaned closer.

A cheerful smile spoke, ‘It’s okay, the darkness doesn’t bother me.’

No, that wasn’t what he meant. One hand left the wall and his fingers brushed a lock of hair off her face.

And in his dream, he said what he hadn’t said at the time – took the chance to lead toward what, oh, he wanted.

‘I never said it was the dark you should be scared of.’ A puzzled expression greeted him. ‘You’re trapped in here, alone, with me.’ His breath caressed her cheek as he watched for the words’ meaning to penetrate her obliviousness.

Her head cocked as she gave a meaningful response. ‘Huh?’

The confusion on her face, her lips open just the right amount from her one-word query, it was just too much and he leaned in and captured her lips. She stole his breath as she gasped in surprise.

Pulling back, he looked at her and said, ‘Should I stop?’

Biting on her lower lip, she shook her head no.

‘Good,’ he declared before fastening on her lips again.

He forced himself to stop remembering the dream. The memory was going to ruin everything. It was as if he could feel her lying down by him, feel her warmth pressed up against him as he wrapped his arms around her, feel the smooth softness of her skin under his fingertips and lips. His lips had left none of her untouched. The dream had gone on longer than it should have, and had felt so real – she’d felt so real underneath him, around him.

With a groan, he let his head smack against the wall.

“Sorry! I’m running a bit late – be over in just a sec!” her muffled voice called through the wall and he couldn’t stifle a groan in response.

If she found out how he felt about her…

How did he feel about her? Part of his brain tried to respond that it was lust, but he knew better. It had happened gradually and he’d missed it. But now, he’d woken up to the facts.

And then, there was a knocking at the door.

Sighing, he went to answer it. Thank god she was completely oblivious. If she found out he was in love with her… He couldn’t risk the possibility.

Everyone he’d ever loved had left him. He wasn’t willing to lose her, too.