Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction ❯ "When she came" ❯ The day she came ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

One morning at the prestigious Ouran High School, Class I-A Haruhis Room…
 
“Good morning class, welcome your new classmate. Come in and introduce yourself please,” said the teacher.
A girl entered the classroom and stood in front. “Good morning classmates, I'm Akairo Kaname, you can call me Akairo-chan or Aka-chan,” she said, smiling. She is a girl owning straight, long, blue hair that covered a part of her face and emerald eyes. She is 5'5” in height and has white skin.
“Welcome Akairo-chan, we are the Hitachiin twins, we invite you to our host club after classes at the 3rd music room,” said the Hitachiin twins in unison.
“WOW, TWINS! It's the first time I saw twins, sugoi,” praised Akairo; her voice was so loud that everybody looked at her shocked.
The twins just shrugged and asked, “Ok then, did you dye your hair blue to draw attention?”
“Oh, you noticed my hair.”
`Who wouldn't?' said Haruhi to herself .
“It's natural, I didn't dye it,” answered Akairo, smiling.
“Ok, I think that's enough, Kaname-san, you can take your sit behind Hikaru Hitachiin near the window,” said the teacher.
 
Break Time, at the school cafeteria…
 
“Hmm….What will I choose? Set A or Set B? What about Set C?” asked Akairo to herself.
“I recommend you Set A Miss Kaname, I think that it's what your taste likes,” said Kyouya to Akairo, who was taken aback at his occurrence.
She recovered quickly and said, “Oh, thank you for the suggestion. Umm…Miss, Set A please.” The canteen employee gave her order and she did not let her eyes meet Kyouya's, which were following her progress.
`Hmm…Is she really interesting or is it just her hair?' he thought while ordering Set A.
Akairo silently ate alone on a table far from the noisy students.
“Hey Akairo-chan, why are you here by yourself? I thought you are a sociable one,” commented Hikaru.
“Oh, is that so, it's just that I don't know if anyone would welcome me,” said Akairo looking down, slightly blushing.
“So you're afraid to get rejected huh?” asked Hikaru. His question turned Akairo tomato red.
“Ha Ha Ha, Kaoru look, she turned red as tomato,” said Hikaru laughing.
“Hikaru! Stop making fun of Akairo-chan, it's not nice!” reprimanded Haruhi.
Tears suddenly fell out of Akairos eyes, making Hikaru feel guilty.
“See? Look what've you done.” Haruhi approached Akairo and wiped her tears with her handkerchief.
“Stop crying now Akairo-chan, look Hikaru apologize,” commanded Haruhi looking at the Hitachiin twin sternly.
“Look I was just playing around, I didn't mean to hurt Akairo,” said Hikaru looking sorry.
“It's okay, I just remembered someone, I wasn't hurt at all, thank you for being concerned Fujioka-san, sorry for making the both of you worry,” said the now calm Akairo.
“Whew, thank you too. Please just call me Haruhi, there's no need for formalities,” said the relieved Haruhi, as Hikaru walked away with his hands inside his pockets, sighing.
`Just a cry baby,' he said to himself.
“Don't worry Akairo-chan, he's always like that, careless,” Haruhi assured.
“It's okay. I've met many people like him before,” answered Akairo with her usual smile.
”I'll stay here with you, if that's okay,” said Haruhi, smiling back.
“Yes, stay here with me please. What Hikaru said is right. Rejected is what I am afraid to be. He is just like him,” said Akairo leaving Haruhi a bit perplexed.
`She has something on her past. I'm not concerned to know it because it's her life, but if I don't do this, another hundred thousand will be added on my debts,' Haruhi said to herself while Kyouya looked at her smilingly, his spectacles twinkling.
“Say, Kyouya-sempai, why are you wasting your time with that cry baby?” asked the annoyed Hikaru while rocking his chair.
“Hmm…Why are you asking? Are you pissed at the truth that the two of them made you feel sorry?” asked Kyouya back.
Hikaru stopped rocking his chair and answered, “That's not it.”
Kyouya then said, “Then don't bother me.” He sighed.
`Hikaru's pissed again, he should be able to defend himself now,' said Kaoru inwardly, feeling a little sorry but at the same time trying to discipline his brother.
“Mother, look at our daughter! Is that blue broom snatching her from us?” asked the puppy dog eyed Tamaki suddenly.
“No Tamaki, she's just helping me with something. Tamaki, if Haruhi heard you call Kaname-san blue broom, you might end up acting like Hikaru in a different way,” answered Kyouya.
Hikaru was about to object but Kyouya sent him a prevailing look.
“Kyouya's up to something again right Mr.Bunny?” said Hunny to his bunny doll.
“Shh,” reprimanded Mori silently.
“That's why I cried when Hikaru said that to me. Don't forget your promise to me Haruhi-chan,” said Akairo, with a serious look on her face.
“Of course Akairo-chan,” said Haruhi, smiling. `I'm very sorry Akairo, but I'll try not to spill them some important facts,' she thought, trying not to tell Akairo her true intention with her actions.
“Or else,” Akairo said in a somewhat threatening manner that didn't fit her. Haruhi was disturbed at what Akairo just said.
“What do you mean by that?” she asked, trying to sound casual.
“I'm not trying to blackmail you or something, but I know something about you that I shouldn't know,” Akairo said softly.
There was silence between them.
 
When Akairo finished eating her food…
 
“Ok, no beating around the bush now. I know that you are a girl,” whispered Akairo to Haruhi's ear lightly so only the two of them can hear what she has said.
Haruhi looked at Kyouya, trying to tell him that she's in some kind of jeopardy. “Oh, okay, you know what? You somewhat resemble someone I know,” said Haruhi with a bogus smile.
Kyouya who is three tables away from them, typing on his laptop, felt his hairs stand up, as if someone is talking about him. “Hmm…I think I should make my move,” he said. He then stood up and went to Akairo and Haruhi's table.
“Hi Haruhi…oh, the girl from before; hello there. Kaname-san right?” he greeted with a well-trained smile.
“Hi there, Ootori-sempai,” said Akairo with a serious look on her face.
“Is there something wrong, Kaname-san?” asked Kyouya, still wearing his enigmatic smile.
“No, nothing, I just felt that someone phony came close to me,” said Akairo casually. She stood up and walked away.
“Kyouya-sempai, I have to tell you something,” said Haruhi urgently.
“What is it?” asked Kyouya.
… Riiiing…
“I think I'll tell you later after classes,” said Haruhi upon hearing the bell.
`Something's not quite right here, and it's not her blue hair' Kyouya thought to himself.
 
Last subject…Social Studies…
 
The teacher is lecturing about their heroes, everybody looks sleepy, including the teacher, well…besides Akairo that is. She always answers every question, with her book closed.
`Where does Akairo-san gets all the energy?' Kaoru asked to himself after he gave her a side-glance.
`Wow, she's a tough one, her book is closed. Well I can't let her beat me,' said Haruhi, looking straight at the yawning teacher.
`That crybaby sure is something,' said Hikaru as he yawns, after Akairo answered another question.
`Bell, bell, I need you to ring now, I have some unfinished business with a cross dresser and a phony guy,' Akairo said to herself
 
After a series of prayers… riiiing
 
“Thank goodness!” Akairo shouted, as she stood up and flexed her bones.
“That was the most boring lecture,” said Hikaru.
“You're right,” said Akairo. Everybody turned towards her in shock.
“What? Is there something wrong?” she looked at them blankly, everybody shake their head, well except for Haruhi.
`Why did they shake their heads? Hikaru and Kaoru to, damn rich bastards, I can't understand them,' said Haruhi to herself looking a bit confused, She just shrugged and went outside the classroom.
“Haruhi, Wait!” shouted the Hitachiin twins after they had recovered.
“Bye classmates, see you all tomorrow, have a nice day,” Akairo said as she walked out the classroom. Still her classmates were shocked at what she said.
Since Akairo isn't a member of anyclub, she went straight to the 3rd Music Room…
Knock… Knock…
The door opened. No, Tamaki isn't there sitting with the other members around him, instead only Kyouya welcomed her. She wasn't shock because it's her first time there. She entered the room, The Hitachiin Twins, put a closed sign on the main door, and locked it.
“Welcome Kaname-san,” the host club greeted her.
“Oh…Yeah right, I have to talk to Haruhi and Kyouya, may I?” asked Akairo.
`Her aura changed,' Kyouya thought, after seeing Akairo in a somewhat pleading tone.
`She sure is weird,' commented Haruhi in her head.
`Is this the real crybaby?' asked Hikaru to himself.
“May I?” Akairo broke the silence.
“Yes you may Kaname-san, follow us,” said Tamaki seriously.
“Aka-chan your Blue hair makes you stand out,” commented Hunny.
“Oh, thankyou…umm…” Akairo said.
“Hunny, my name is Hunny,” said Hunny.
“Kaname-san, Hunny sempai is a fouth year student here,” Tamaki added. Kyouya is just behind Tamaki following him silently.
“Oh, I see. Umm… just call me Akairo-chan,” said Akairo.
“Akachan, why is your hair blue?” asked Hunny.
“Mitsukuni…I think that's not nice,” reprimanded Mori silently.
“No it's alright…umm….sempai,” corrected Akairo.
“His name is Mori, also a fourth year student,” said Tamaki.
“Her hair is natural; it came from her mothers side. Her Emerald eyes came from her fathers side. She is the daughter of the late Fuji Kaname and Maho Kaname. She currently lives with her twenty-seven year-old uncle Kyon Kaname, which took the place of her father as the president of their family business,” explained Kyouya. He looked at Akairo, which looked back at him.
`At the cafeteria, she was avoiding my eyes, now she's looking straight to me, with an inscrutable look. What does this mean? Why can't I read her?' asked Kyouya to himself.
“Here we are,” said Tamaki as he open the door toward a room a bit smaller than the main room.
“Akairo-chan please sit there,” said Kaoru while pointing at the sofa.
“Ok, thank you,” said Akairo.
“Wait, I'll just get us some tea, ok?” asked Haruhi.
“Ok, and please hurry up Haruhi,” said Tamaki seriously.
 
When Haruhi came back…
 
“Let's start now,” Tamaki said.
“I'm sorry Haruhi-chan I didn't meant to scare you for what I've said earlier at the cafeteria,” Akairo apologized.
“And I'm sorry too, Kyouya-sempai, I was just disturbed this morning by a memory of mine. I'm very sorry, please forgive me,” continued Akairo.
“It's ok Akairo-chan, I understand you for acting like that, it was a somewhat kind of a self defense if I tell anyone about the things you've told me,” answered Haruhi.
“Me too… I'm sorry, if I've done something wrong to you, or if I made you remember painful memories,” said Kyouya bowing his head.
“Oh, ok, thank you,” answered Akairo with a smile.
“Still, something's not clear,” butted Tamaki.
“What is it?” asked Akairo.
“How did you know that Haruhi is a girl?” asked Tamaki.
“It's kinda hard to explain…It's just that, nobody can hide a secret from me,” said Akairo.
`You really are like him Akairo' thought Haruhi looking at Kyouya, kinda shocked at what he just heard.
“Where did you get the information of Haruhi being a girl?” Kaoru asked Akairo.
“Huh? Where? Probably from my head, with the help of my eyes,” answered Akairo.
“This is not the time to joke around!” Hikaru shouted.
Akairo gasped so as Haruhi. The other guys looked towards Hikarus direction.
“I'VE TOLD YOU! I JUST KNOW IT BY HEART!” Akairo shouted back much louder than Hikarus voice.
Everybody gasped; they didn't know that she would shout back, they thought that Akairo would just cry again, well except for Haruhi that knows the real reason why Akairo cried at the cafeteria.
There was silence between all of them.
“I'm sorry, I didn't control my temper back there,” said Akairo.
“I'm sorry…”said Hikaru.
“No…You don't have to be sorry, you were just… hmm… let's say… trying to protect someone close to you,” said Akairo smiling as she winked.
“Umm…what do you mean by that?” asked Hikaru who turned away.
“I think you know what I mean, haven't I told you? Nobody can keep a secret from me,” said Akairo smiling.
“So, everythings settled now,” said Tamaki smiling.
“No, not yet,” objected Akairo looking quite serious.
“What is it? Akairo-chan?” Tamaki asked her.
“I don't know your name yet, sempai blonde,” said Akairo to Tamaki.
“Oh, I'm sorry, I'm Tamaki Souo, a second year student,” answered Tamaki planting a soft kiss on Akairos right hand.
“Thank you, Tamaki sempai,” Akairo said removing her hands from Tamaki, smiling.
Tamaki was stunned that Akairo didn't blush or shriek, which is a common reaction he gets from other girls. Kyouya noticed the scene, and, jot something on his clipboard.
“Tamaki we still have time to open, we still have 5 mins.” Said Kyouya.
“Ok, let's open up!” Tamaki shouted.
“I will help you guys, just tell me what to do,” Akairo voluntered.
“Ok, if that's what you want,” said Kyouya turning back with a somewhat evil smile.
“I'm doing this because I want to help and because I'm the reason why you guys were almost late for your club,” said Akairo following Haruhi to help her make teas for the first round.
“Haruhi-chan go and change your cloth, I can do this on my awn, remember?” said Akairo smiling knowingly.
“Yeah, thanks,” said Haruhi smiling back at her.
Haruhi then run towards the dressing room, the guys went outside and fixed the main room. Akairo can see Kyouya busy calling someone on his cellphone. She can't see any further than that because the door was just slightly opened.
 
After 5 minutes…
 
“Welcome,” the host club said to the maidens that entered the room.
Akairo choose to stay at the other room than to mingle with the other girls that storm the boys of the host club.
`Hmm…he somewhat looks like this boy…who was this boy? He always visits me on my dreams…well; I still don't have time for those kind of things. I promised uncle that I won't get married unless he gets married,' she thought. She was deep in her mind that she fall asleep on the sofa.
 
The Host Club is now closed…
 
“Guys, have you seen Akairo around?” asked the somewhat worried Haruhi. The guys shook their heads.
“She's still here somewhere, `cause the only way out is by using the main door,” said Kyouya assuring Haruhi.
“Hmm…Where could that loud lady be?” asked Hikaru.
`Even after getting scolded, he still calls her names,' thought Kaoru.
“Haru-chan, Aka-chan is over here,” said Hunny speaking softly. Everybody went to Hunny.
“This is the loud lady?” asked Hikaru.
“She seems harmless when she sleeps,” added Kaoru.
Akairo is lying on the sofa sideways, her arms supporting her head, her feet slightly bended.
“I think all the girls are like that,” commented Kyouya.
Tamaki looked at Haruhi and imagined what Haruhi looks like when she's sleeping.
“Tamaki-sempai what are you thinking about?” asked Haruhi.
“Huh? Me? Ummm…. N-nothing really,” answered Tamaki with a big sweat drop on his head.
“Nee, Kaoru our lords thinking about something green again right?” Hikaru asked, teasing Tamaki.
“I think you're right Hikaru,” agreed Kaoru.
The twins laughed devilishly sending Tamaki piercing looks.
“Guys, keep quiet or else Akairo might wake up,” warned Kyouya.
“Why?” asked Tamaki and the twins.
“Don't tell us…” said Haruhi, as Akairo sat up and look around.
“Who woke me up with some senseless debate?” asked Akairo with devilish eyes.
Haruhi, the twins, and Tamaki gulped. Kyouya is sitting on a table and typing on his laptop, Mori is standing by the window.
“Who?” asked Akairo, half calm.
`O o, I think were doomed,' thought Haruhi.
`What now? What now?' mentally asked Tamaki, backing up.
“Nee, Aka-chan do you want to eat this strawberry cake with me?” asked Hunny carrying a saucer of strawberry cake.
“Why yes, thank you,” answered Akairo smiling. Both of them transferred to a table near the window and ate the cake.
“Kyouya-sempai, Akairos blood type is AB right?” asked Haruhi with her lips twitching, looking at Akairo and Hunny.
“You're right Haruhi,” answered Kyouya facing Haruhi wearing his well-trained smile.
“She's a Devil upon wake,” commented Kaoru.
“I think you two should stop calling her names,” said Tamaki who now regained his attractive smile.