Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction ❯ One Litre of Tears ❯ Undisclosed Information ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Do you know what happened to his knees? Will he still be able to practice?" The large Haninozuka asked. His face was hard, but Hunny knew his father was anticipating the news nervously. Yasuchika was simply staring at the perfect white paint in the dreary hospital waiting room. A few weeks ago, Mitsukuni had been having knee pains to the point where he could barely train or get out of bed.
"Osteosarcoma has been detected in his bones. It is chronic—"
No way. This is a lie, right?
"The mortality rate is quite high for—"
Please say it isn't right.
"So…Will I die?" Hunny finally asked, looking the man in the white lab coat straight in the eyes.
"If you don't accept the bone marrow transplant, there is a possibility. I would give you…no more than 6 months if you decline. I'm sorry."
"R-Really?" Hunny questioned with his glance turned down ward. The news wasn't affecting him as much as he thought it would. But he still had a lot of concerns. How would he tell the club? How would they react? What would he do in what time he would have left?
When would he die?
'Kyou-chan will probably be the first to find out. This is his family's hospital, after all. I guess I'll tell everyone tomorrow. But first, I have to tell Takashi.' Hunny thought before sighing. His father paid the doctor bill and they walked out. However, Mitsukuni was a decent amount of steps behind everyone else; they were at the limo and he was still inside the hospital.
"Hurry up!" Chika shouted. "Why are you so slow?"
"Ah…S-Sorry, Chika-chan!" Hunny faked his cheeriness. In reality he was pissed and tired, which was not the proper combination. But he knew his little brother was smart and saw through the façade; he knew something was up.
"What's wrong with him? Did you find something…" Chika started, before his father cut him off.
"Silence!" The older man said. Mitsukuni got into the car and the rest of the ride was silent.
'I need to know what happened.' Chika contemplated.