Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction ❯ One Litre of Tears ❯ The Analysis of the younger brother ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Satoshi was troubled. That was, because his cousin was troubled. He didn't know how or why, but Yasuchika was definitely distressed about something.
He took notice right after school. They got to karate club and after 5 minutes (The members had barely gotten changed for activities) Chika called for a break and walked out. It was very unlike him, for Yasuchika would normally wait for at least half of the session to be over before even considering a temporary stop. Sure, he came back in a few minutes, but it was out of the ordinary for him to leave like that.
The second event would have been dinner. Everyone noticed Mitsukuni barely ate his salmon and didn't ask for cake before excusing himself to his room. The parents were undisturbed, because they knew of his illness. Takashi also excused himself, soon followed by Yasuchika and Satoshi.
Takashi definitely knew something too, Satoshi thought, for he followed Hunny to his room. Yasuchika, wanting to 'check on them', decided to eavesdrop outside the loli-shota's room. Satoshi thought it was a bad idea but he was curious and went along with it anyway.
"You didn't eat, Mitsukuni." The taller male said. Mitsukuni smiled slowly and goofily, as if he were feeling queasy.
"I feel kind of sick. Everything hurts. I just want to lay down for a bit then take a shower and go to sleep." Hunny started, tightening his grip on his pink stuffed bunny Usa-Chan.
"Did you take your painkillers?" Takashi questioned. His older cousin nodded. Satoshi furrowed his eyebrows before Chika texted him so he didn't make much noise.
'He had some knee problems.' He typed and sent to Satoshi.
'But why does everything hurt if it was just his knee?' Satoshi typed back. To that, Chika shrugged and continued listening.
"I don't want to go to the doctors. I'll be starting chemotherapy and have to say goodbye to all of my friends in two days..." Mitsukuni started. Satoshi and Yasuchika slowly turned to look at each other. Satoshi could tell his cousin had rage boiling up inside him as he slowly stood up. He had to act before his cousin made a scene.
"Yasuchika, calm down!" He fiercely whispered, but it was too late. Chika had already slid the shoji door open. Takashi and Mitsukuni turned quickly to the door.
"C-Chika-chan..." His older brother stuttered. "How long have you been listening?" Takashi and Satoshi stayed silent.
"You have cancer!" Yasuchika yelled. He was upset, furious, and confused as to why his brother would refrain from telling him something so vital.
"I-I'm sorry. I didn't want to stress you out by telling you now, with the Karate Competition coming up-" Hunny was interrupted by his irritated younger brother.
"Fuck the championships! You have a terminal illness and withheld the information from your own blood and you can only talk about a competition?" Yasuchika ranted.
"But father and I decided it would be best for you to practice. You want to win, right?" By then all of their parents were outside, silently watching.
"What makes you think that I—" Chika started before the adults (unfortunately) tried to control the situation.
"Yasuchika! Enough with this nonsense. What are you yelling about?" The Head of the Hanonozuka house said.
Yasuchika turned around quickly. "And YOU...Don't try and decide what's best for me! To think that you would actually tell me something this crucial. But that would be far too kind; you just had to let me find out the hard way 2 weeks after you go to the doctors, huh? The most pathetic part is you didn't have the balls to tell-"
Chika's speech was cut off with a loud slap. He fell to the ground, and everything stayed silent, even as his parents and the Morinozuka brothers were ushered out by their parents. Soon, it was just Hunny and Chika in Hunny's room. Chika was searching for his glassed (which fell off during impact), and was still on his knees.
"I'm sorry for everything. I'm sorry you got hit because I decided to keep this from you. I'm sorry that I worried you for all this time...I'm sorry...that..." Hunny tried to stifle his sobs, but it didn't work very well. His younger brother didn't look up, afraid to show the tears forming.
"Stop crying." Chika mumbled. Now the tears were slowly making their way down his face.
"Chika-chan, I'm sorry I got sick." Hunny cried, dropping to his knees and hugging his brother. For a few seconds, Chika struggled, but he stopped and gently placed his hand on his brothers' back.
Maybe the two brothers could put their differences aside, even if just for a moment.