Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction ❯ One Litre of Tears ❯ What Now? ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Mitsukuni sighed, pushing himself out of bed. He thought to himself about his schedule. Shower. Brush teeth. Wash face. Do hair. Take painkillers. Eat breakfast. Get dressed. Go to school.
But now that would be different. He would be washing his face and brushing his teeth and getting breakfast (if he feels well enough to), but one thing would be missing. He wouldn't be going to school; not for a long time. That upset Hunny. He wanted to graduate with Takashi and be with his friends, but instead he would be in the hospital with tests being run on his blood every now and then and vomiting into trash cans as the medicine slowly affects his system, hopefully for the better.
Since his immune system is gradually weakening, he could barely get visitors. No more Takashi, no more Haru-chan or Kao-chan or Tama-chan, no more Kyou-chan or Hika-chan. Nobody but his parents. Chika would have very limited access, and even though they shared some emotions they weren't completely reconciled.
But Mitsukuni pushed those things aside.
He walked into the classroom and was immediately greeted by females. They were all either crying or close to it. Many were telling him to get well soon, even if they didn't know the whole story…or at least not the real one.
The males were also quite sympathetic. Some may not have liked him all that much, but they felt bad that he was going to the hospital for whatever reason. Members of both sexes brought gifts, including flowers, stuffed animals, and his 'beloved' cake.
He used to eat so much of it, but now he felt like vomiting just looking at the white box with pink ribbons on it.
Classes went by relatively fast. Mitsukuni smiled through each one, even though the smiles were fake. But telling his friends that he had to leave made the smile dissipate each time.
Then, with seemingly no time at all, he was at the host club. Yasuchika and Satoshi had also just arrived, and everyone was sitting at a long table. Mitsukuni hesitantly stood at the door hesitantly, and Takashi simply called his name.
"Mitsukuni." He mumbled, patting his cousin on the back. He sat down, followed by Takashi and their younger brothers.
"Everyone," Kyouya started, getting the attention of everyone who was previously chatting. "There's something that Hunny-senpai has to tell you all." Everybody stared on in anticipation as Hunny took a deep breath.
"I…am quitting the host club." Hunny said, looking down quickly. The whole room was silent. The first one to break that was Hikaru.
"What did you say?" Hikaru shouted.
"Hikaru, don't yell! Hunny-senpai, why would you quit?" Kaoru asked.
"Does it have something to do with you being hospitalized?" Haruhi asked. It seemed she was one of the only calm people in the situation. The loli-shota nodded.
"I…have…" He inarticulated.
"Well? Spit it out already!" Hikaru raised his voice. His brother was still trying to quiet him down, telling him it'll probably be a temporary hospital stay for something insignificant.
"I have…Osteosarcoma. Cancer treatment starts today. I'm sorry for the short notice, everyone!" Mitsukuni said at once, bowing deeply. "I'm…sorry…I found out three weeks ago…"
At that point, everyone was soundless. They all stared at their crying senior, besides Kyouya and the three males standing behind him.
"That's…not fair! That's not fair! This is some joke, right? You don't have cancer!" Hikaru shouted. At this point, he had quickly stood up and knocked the chair over in the process. He pounded at the table, irritated.
"How could you wait this long to tell us?" Kaoru asked with a hurt expression apparent on his face. He
"That's right, Hunny-senpai." Haruhi chimed in. She sniffled, but tears were not yet evident.
"Maybe he knew you guys would act like this." Yasuchika said. Hikaru snapped his head to the side angrily.
"What, like concerned friends?" Hikaru questioned angrily.
"No, like uncaged animals." Yasuchika retorted, a small smirk forming.
"Chika-chan, stop instigating!" Hunny whispered fiercely.
"Who's an animal, you son of a bitch!" Hikaru started.
"You wanna go?" Yasuchika shouted back, standing up quickly. His chair fell over and before the two were able to grapple, Kyouya stepped in.
"Enough!" He shouted. "You guys have to calm down. Yasuchika and Hikaru, stop fighting. Tamaki, stop blubbering like a baby. Haruhi, Kaoru, and everyone else…just stay quiet." Everyone followed the orders of the Shadow King, afraid what he would do next. After all, he just screamed at them.
"What now?" Tamaki asked. Once again, everyone's attention was averted from Kyouya and directed towards Tamaki.
"Now…" Mitsukuni thought out loud.