Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction ❯ Pink Plus ❯ The Falling Out ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sun-Hee nervously fidgeted. It was the day after Chika and her reconciliation. She was nervous and scared, and her head was swimming with different thoughts and emotions. That warm summer day was the day that she would tell her family, for the sake of the baby whom she was going to need prenatal medication for soon. She believed it would be best if Chika was there so everyone could get their emotions out together, even if there was a very large chance that anger would be a prominent emotion.
That's why Yasuchika was ten times more nervous than Sun-Hee. He knew people would be disappointed and angry at her, but they would be far more disappointed and furious at him. It takes two to nature a baby, and because of that he knew the blame was partially on him, too.
They sullenly walked into the house dreading the reactions of her family when 3-year-old Yun-Yi ran up to Yasuchika and stared.
"Unni, who's that?" Yun-Yi asked, her dark brown eyes wide with wonder. Yasuchika made a mental note to raise his kid to become exactly like her if it was a girl. She was cute, with short brown hair and her short bangs in a ponytail at the top of her head, giving the look of a palm tree. She wore a light pink skirt and a white t-shirt with a yellow flower on it.
"This is Yasuchika. He's my boyfriend." Sun-Hee explained, picking the girl up. She turned toward Chika with the child in her arms. "Say 'Anneyong oppa'."
"Annyo oppa." Yun-Yi mispronounced while focusing her eyes on his. She slowly reached forward before snatching his glasses off of his face, earning a scowl.
"H-hey! I need those to see!"
"Chika, don't lie. Yun-chan, go upstairs and find SooYoung. Go play with her." Sun-Hee giggled, and the small girl awkwardly waddled up the stairs step by step. Sun-Hee watched until the toddler safely got to her room at the top of the stairs and turned to walk into the dining room.
"If it's a girl, I want her to be like that. She's so cute." Yasuchika mused, before stepping after Sun-Hee into the dining room. The whole family was sitting at the dining table about to eat, minus SooYoung and Yun Yi. They were greeted by Ryeowook, Sun-Hee's father, and the first born male Kibum. She quietly sat and simply started at her food.
"So, what is it you wanted to tell us?" Inquired Mi-Kyung. Mi-Kyung was the eldest daughter. With long black hair and brown eyes, she was the younger twin of Kibum and technically second born.
"Well, last week I wasn't sure as to why I was feeling ill." Sun-Hee stated nervously. "A-and I took a test. Y-you know, so I'd be sure about w-what it was..." She slowly continued. Everyone stared at the girl quizzically, except for Yasuchika who knew what was coming next.
"A-and...I'm pregnant. T-this right here is Yasuchika. My childhood friend and the...and the father of the baby." She finished. In the seconds that followed, Mi-Kyung did a spit take and the second born son Siwon was holding Kibum back, afraid he would hurt Yasuchika. Ryeowook sat there with his head in his hands, unsure of how to react or what to say.
"What the fuck? Do you think we have the money for this?" Shouted Kibum. He had shaken free of Siwon's grip and calmed down a considerable bit. The people in the room turned to him. "We just paid for a funeral a year ago. Now all of a sudden there's a baby on the way. Do you know how much that costs? How time consuming it is? The amount of effort required?"
Sun-Hee nodded. "I'm fully aware. I'm also prepared to leave the baby with the Haninozuka maids while I attend college." Just then, a slap rang through the room. Kibum had walked over to his younger sister and slapped his sister's face. As much as she didn't want to admit it, it hurt.
"Is this that fucking simple to you, Sun-Hee?" Kibum asked. "This is a wakeup call. Out of everyone in this family, you're the least responsible. You think you can be a good mother? Well face it, you can't. I'd suggest you get an abortion, but now that you think you're grown, I don't give a shit what you do, because the only one who will be willing to help you besides that twat over there," he signaled to Chika, who stared back in shock. "Would be SooYoung, the bitch who can't even take care of an animal for a week, let alone a baby for the first 18 years of its life." Kibum finished. "I'm done, I need a fucking smoke. I bet Ma's rolling in her grave listening to this."
"I'd better go talk to him. I'm sure he didn't mean any of that. He's just upset and confused, that's all." Ryeowook sighed. "But Sun-Hee, I am very disappointed in the choice you made that day. Hopefully when the time comes, you'll choose the right thing." Her father left before Siwon spoke up.
'I'm sorry. With what you've done, I'm not sure if I'd be able to forgive you. You knew we had financial troubles and it's not like us to take the money of others. Nobody has the time for a baby, so I don't know why you couldn't have waited until you were older.' He signed.
"I agree, Sun-Hee. You could have waited for something like sex. And now it's made your life a hell of a lot harder. You're shit out of luck, because you'll have to get out if this mess on your own." Mi-Kyung said, biting her lip. She left the room, and only Sun-Hee and Chika were left. Sun-Hee looked down at the ground before slowly standing up.
"You can go home now. Thanks for being here." Sun-Hee forced a smile before running upstairs. She ran into the room where her mother's salmon colored urn and a picture of her stood, and she noticed that there was incense being lit by Mi-Kyung. Her sister didn't move a muscle as she noticed Sun-Hee enter, and continued praying. Sun-Hee walked over to where her sister was and wordlessly fell onto her knees next to her. Mi-Kyung did not react. Sun-Hee broke down crying. She clasped her hands together and started to pray. She prayed for guidance in what to do with the baby. She prayed that her family would once again become prosperous so they wouldn't have to rely on the Haninozuka's finances. But she prayed the hardest for forgiveness.
"Umma, mian hae yo.(*1) Mian he. Nal yongseolhae... (*2)" She whimpered. Mi-Kyung turned towards Sun-Hee, grabbing her shoulder and lightly shaking her.
"Never feel sorry. There's nothing to forgive, because you've done nothing wrong!" Mi-Kyung cried out, hugging the younger girl. "Stuff like this just happens so don't beat yourself up, okay? Nobody's mad at you, so stop apologizing. Everybody's scared, that's all. They didn't mean what they said. Of course we'll help you the best we can, because we're family."
Well, at least one person forgave her. But what about the other 3?