Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction ❯ The Host Boat ❯ The Commencement of a Tiring and Trying Trip at Sea ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

*DISCLAIMER* Ouran High School Host Club was created and is owned by Bisco Hatori. She gets all the money…I get reviews…that is all. Enjoy!
 
~Author's Note~ This chapter has a little bit of Tamaki, but is mostly a Kyoya chapter. Don't worry, most characters will get moments, and more moments…it's a six week cruise for goodness sake! LOTS of time for LOTS of things to happen. Well, read and enjoy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
The Host Boat
 
Chapter 2: The Commencement of a Tiring and Trying Trip at Sea
 
 
 
Haruhi leaned against the railing, her short brown hair blowing in the sea breeze as she watched the harbor slip slowly into the distance. Tamaki thought the scene could have come out of one of his fantasies, if that dark angry aura surrounding her, telling everyone to stay away, had been absent.
 
As it was, however, the rest of the host club had been forced further and further from her presence. The twins had quickly given up on teasing her and had gone to find a crew member or two to torture. Honey and Mori had likewise left. Honey was anxious to try out the full buffet of sweets on the upper deck, and Mori had dutifully followed after him. The only two left on the deck now were Tamaki and Kyoya, who Tamaki had all but forgotten.
 
“Don't worry,” Kyoya spoke, startlingly reminding Tamaki of his presence. “She'll get over the…shock of it, soon enough.” Tamaki turned to look at his friend.
 
“I thought she would take it better. It was supposed to be a surprise…” Tamaki's eyes drifted back to girl, whose head was now resting forehead down against her arms. His brow furrowed as he heard Kyoya's sigh behind him.
 
“Haruhi is Haruhi,” his friend explained, placing a hand on his shoulder. “She likes order and schedules. This trip is not quite what she had in mind. Once she gets it all figured out in her head-”
 
“She'll be back to normal,” Tamaki finished. He lowered his head and laughed a sad and dejected laugh. “I should have known that…I should know her better.” Before he knew what happened, Tamaki fell forward, flat on his face, after a hearty slap on the back from Kyoya. In shock, Tamaki turned around, only to gaze up at a smiling Kyoya, glasses glinting in the sun, looking as composed as he ever did.
 
“Why don't you go get settled in your room? Look around the ship a little bit. It's time Haruhi went to her room as well. I'll take care of everything.” Kyoya pushed his glass further up the bridge of his nose and crossed his arms. Tamaki felt his eyes begin to water as all the depression melted away in the face of his friend's kindness. In a burst of emotion, Tamaki sprang up and forward, arms spread wide.
 
“Mon Ami!” A firm hand landing on his chest, keeping him at an arm's distance stopped him, but wasn't wholly unexpected. He smiled wide and, taking one last look at Haruhi, Tamaki went off to his room.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Kyoya watched his friend walk away in much better mood and sighed. He turned back to the strange girl that looked like she had been sent to prison, rather than on a pleasure cruise that most people in her financial circumstance would kill to experience. He smiled; it was just like her. He prepared himself, calling upon all his powers of coolness, and made his way over to her. She knew he was there, he could tell by the way her shoulders stiffened as he leaned against the railing to her right. He would let her speak first, and soon enough, she did.
 
“Six weeks, huh?” she asked softly.
 
“Yes,” he answered.
 
“Fiji?” she asked, her voice lifting slightly.
 
“Yes,” he answered again.
 
“I guess it won't be so bad,” she said, standing up straight. Kyoya's mouth turned up, as he stared at her. She finally looked at him. “Where's my room?” she asked, now apparently content in her understanding of the situation.
 
“I thought you would like to know. Follow me.” Kyoya turned, not having to look back to make sure she was following. They waited in silence for the elevator, waited in silence in the elevator, and remained silent as they made their way down a long narrow hallway until he stopped in front of her room. He handed her a card key, and she opened the door.
 
He knew he would have to follow her in, so he would not be able to see her expression, which would evidently be priceless. He stood behind her, as she stood stock still, probably drifting between awe and anger. The room was one of the largest on the ship. A queen size canopy bed stood against the wall, an end table with lamp on each side of the bed. There was a large mirrored closet, two dressers, a sitting area with couch, love seat, and chair. There were also two television sets, one mounted on the wall opposite the bed, and one that came along with the entertainment center near the sitting area. The curtains had been drawn back, showing the sliding glass door that opened onto a balcony.
 
“Kyoya-sempai,” she stated calmly enough, “Where's my room?” She turned to him, her eyes confused.
 
“This is your room, Haruhi,” he stated matter-of-factly. She opened her mouth to object, obviously to what the room must be costing her. “The room will not cost you more than the average stateroom on the lower decks.” Again with the confused look...ok then. He pushed his glasses up his nose and sighed. “If I were to place you in one of those lower staterooms, who would be unhappy?”
 
“Tamaki,” she said, still with that look on her face.
 
“And?”
 
“…and…Honey-sempai?” Kyoya sighed again…he would have to spell it out for her completely.
 
“Along with everyone else. This is a vacation, and they want you to enjoy yourself,” with a grin he added, “Regardless of how you want to.”
 
“I see,” she said, turning away again. “But the cost-”
 
“Balances out in the long run,” he finished. “If you're well taken care of, the other hosts are happy. If they are happy, the customers are happy.”
 
“Ah,” she said, her eyes settling on her empty bags of luggage.
 
“All our things have been unpacked for us. Relax, Haruhi…” He placed a hand on her shoulder. “This is a vacation.” And Kyoya heard Haruhi laugh for the first time that day.
 
“If I must relax, you must too Sempai. But for some reason I can't picture it.” It was at that precise time that the boat decided to sway, and Haruhi, not used to being at sea, stumbled forward against him. Kyoya wasn't sure why he didn't stop her with the arm all ready on her shoulder. Somehow, as she had stumbled, he had pulled her too him. Almost as quickly as it had happened, he placed both hands on her shoulders and held her steadily away from him.
 
“S-sorry Sempai!”
 
“It'll happen a lot,” he said, the light from the glasses hiding his eyes. Kyoya had become quite proficient in knowing how to hide his eyes from those he wished. Releasing her he walked toward the door. Remembering something he turned around to face her again.
 
“Sempai?” Leave it to her to know when he was about to tell her something. It was important, and hopefully, she would appreciate the gesture…which he wasn't sure as the reason he made it.
 
“This is your room, but the room the others think you are in is on the other end of the deck.” A look of confusion again crossed her features, before a big smile of relief. He pulled a paper out of his inner coat pocket, and handed it to her. “These are our room numbers. We are only one deck above you, so if you need anything don't hesitate to use the phone to call.”
 
“Thank you Sempai,” she said, taking the paper from his hand. Kyoya simply nodded and turned back to the door and left. He walked down the hallway, letting the smile he had been hiding finally gain freedom.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Haruhi was a little upset about the room, but in the end, she decided it didn't really matter. Considering the room would not have been given to anyone else anyway, it might as well only cost as much as a regular stateroom. And she had a balcony, which would be nice.
 
Her mind suddenly flew to the moment where she had fallen against Kyoya, and her stomach dropped a little. Her eyes grew wide and she walked quickly to the end table, opening the drawer. Whew! They were there! She opened the box and unwrapped the small round patch. Having all ready read the directions before she left, she put the flesh colored motion sickness patch behind her left ear.
 
Great! Now she wouldn't get sick. She looked around the room again, then to the paper she had laid on the bed next to her. It looked like everyone had their own room, except for the twins of course. She smiled as she realized that now they couldn't play any pranks on her since they didn't know her real room number. No one knew it…
 
…except Kyoya…
 
A chill ran down her spine, but she shook it off. If there was an emergency it was good that he knew her real room number, considering he'd probably be the first person to know or be informed of anything. That made her relax a little.
 
Now, if only he would stop sharing random details of her private life with whoever bothered to listen!
 
END OF CHAPTER
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
I'm not much of a Kyoya writer, so I hope I got him pretty much in character. I'm pretty sure I got Tamaki in character though. Please review and tell me your thoughts, good or bad, it's good to know! Thanks!
 
~chosuki