Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction ❯ Truth ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

As the rain beat against the window like a drum, Haruhi sighed with disgust, hoping that thunder didn't kick in. She didn't like the idea of having to be comforted by any of her friends. She especially doesn't want to be comforted by Mori. She had realized very early on her true feelings for him and kept it a secret through out all of their little “adventures”. She didn't want their friendship to end when he was forced to reject her. She also took into deep consideration for her friends' feelings. She knew that all of them, with the exception of Hunny, liked her deeply and she didn't want to hurt them if they found out her feelings for Mori. She was in a tight jam.
“Haruhi!!!” a voiced called to her. She looked back to find everyone staring at her worriedly, Tamaki in front.
“Haru-chan?” Hunny asked worriedly, his big eyes shining like stars. “Are you alright? It is raining out and you never know when thunder starts…”
Haruhi smiled at them a fake smile and stated in a calm and caring voice, “Don't worry about me, I'm fine and anyway, the customers will be here soon so we'd better get ready.” She got up swiftly and took position at where she normally sat and waited for the girls to come; ignoring the worried glances she got from everyone, especially Mori. Every ten seconds he would look over, everyone noticed even though he tried to hide it. Tamaki was the same, but he didn't even try to hide the fact that was worried about her. Soon the customers came pouring in.
Despite the dreary rain, the air inside the 3rd music room was filled with laughter, tea and sweets. Tamaki entertained his group with his usual charm that made all of the girl's melt into jelly. The twins held their party's attention with funny stories about each other and then the other would say “that's mean, how could you say that?” and then the other would reply “I'm so sorry” and they would share their brotherly love. Hunny just acted the way he usually does: cute. Mori stood quietly by Hunny's side and didn't intend to budge. Haruhi was off in her own little world, even though she talked to them, her customers could tell as well and was worried.
“What do you think is wrong with Haruhi?” one of them whispered frantically.
“I don't know but he seems off today.” another one replied.
“What if he has a cold? It is spring. Maybe he has allergies!” the first one cried.