Outlaw Star Fan Fiction ❯ Cassiopeia ❯ Messages ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Eight: Messages:

Jim, Ruthie, and Lizzie looked at the screen.

“Yes,” Jim typed in the reply. Ruthie smacked him on the arm.

“What are you doing?!” she shouted. Jim shrugged.

“We want answers, right?” he asked.

“How can we trust this Washu person?” Ruthie asked. “It could be a trap.” She did have a point. But still…

“It won't hurt to know,” Jim said. “If you have any better ideas, I am up to hear them.” Ruthie closed her mouth and went quiet.

“Exactly,” the body said. Jim typed the reply and hit send.

“Now what?” Lizzie asked.

“We wait,” Jim said. The girls didn't look thrilled about it. The boy shrugged his shoulders.

---------

Jim for a reply a couple of hours later. Washu wrote back. Jim looked around and opened the email.

You are being hunted. You and the girl. They've already marked her. They can already sense you. Please watch your back and contact me.

Washu

The first line wasn't a surprise. Who wasn't trying to hunt them? But who was the girl? Was Washu talking about Lily? Jim clicked reply.

“Who are you talking about? Who exactly is after us? And who are you?” The boy clicked send.

Hours later, Jim got a third email. There weren't any answers to his questions. Just an address. Jim picked up the phone.

-----------

Things were slowly getting worse for Lily. She can tell that she is being watched. But that is one of the things that she is worried about.

They keep whispering about her. Lily can't stand her classmates staring at her. She didn't need their pity. She was going to be fine. She didn't need her mother. Lily thought she was going to be fine.

“Hey!” someone shouted behind her. Lily turned her head. Tenchi stood behind her.

“Oh,” she said. “It's you.” Her cheeks flushed pink.

“How are you holding up?” he asked. Lily lowered her eyes.

“Not good,” she admitted. Lily lifted her chin.

“But I can manage,” she said. It hurt to lie, but what else could she do?

“I'm here if you want to talk,” Tenchi said. Lily pressed her lips together.

“Thank you,” she said. They walked toward the school. Lily suddenly felt a little bit better. Who was this boy? Everything around her fell away to the silent background when she was with him. Whoever was watching her, they never bothered her when she was with Tenchi. It was so strange to her. In any case, this was going to do for now.

---------

They are on the move. Everything was just about in place. Some of them were itching to move. However, there was one more element to be put into place. It would only take one thing.

Meanwhile, Jim, Ruthie, and Lizzie sat waiting in the food court of a mall.