Peach Girl Fan Fiction ❯ The Problem with Twins... ❯ Chapter 1-- Twin ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Peach Girl/Papillon Crossover Fanfiction

Chapter 1-- Twin-- Tsuin
“Imouto-chan! Come on, we're going to be late!”
Maiya Aihara groaned, flipping over onto her stomach and burying her face into the pillow. “Please... Onee-chan... Just another ten minutes?”
Suzuki Aihara laughed. “No, not another ten minutes! You're barely going to have time for breakfast and a shower, if you don't hurry!”
Maiya grunted. “Who cares...? It's not like I have to look good, Onee-chan...”
“Yes, you do!” Suzuki replied. “Now, come on!” She ripped the covers off of her younger sister. “It's time to get up!”
Maiya yawned as she sat up, rubbing the lingering feeling of sleep from her eyes. Then she heard Suzuki chuckle. “What's wrong?”
Suzuki covered her hand with her mouth, still giggling. “Sorry... it's just... your hair....”
Maiya's hands jumped up to her head as she leaped off the bed and landed in front of her mirror. She looked at the familiar morning reflection: the brilliant, dark blue eyes... the slightly tanned skin... the light dusting of freckles... the over-sized anime t-shirt used as Pj's... and lastly, the blond-brown hair with the hint of red from the sun, which was scrambled and messy, flipping out in all directions.
Her eyes turned back to her twin. Suzuki looked practically the same, except for a few differences. Suzuki's hair was a little lighter, longer, and wavier than Maiya's usual ultra-straightened hair. She also had less freckles than Maiya, and was already wearing her blue and white school uniform.
“Suzuki-onee-chan! I'm hopeless, this mess of hair will never get fixed!!!” Maiya wailed, collapsing onto the ground.
Suzuki chuckled. “Okay, no more anime for you; you're blowing this WAY out of proportion! I'll help you do your hair, but you have to make lunch, okay?”
Maiya smiled and nodded at her older twin sister.
“Now get ready quickly! Your uniform is over there.” Suzuki smiled and left the room.
Maiya quickly ran into the bathroom and took her steaming hot shower as quickly as she could. Then she dragged her feet over to the chair where her uniform had been laid out. She picked up the white button-down shirt, the blue sweater vest, the knee-high socks, and the plaid skirt, holding up the bundle so she could see.
“There is NO WAY that this is going to look good on me...” she thought as she tore off her towel and slipped into the new school uniform.
As soon as she had the whole outfit on, Maiya walked over to the vanity mirror. She turned around, viewing the ensemble from a couple of different views.
“Meh... the skirt's really short... But I guess there isn't really anything that I can do about it...”
Maiya grabbed her black school bag and slung it over her shoulder. Then she went down the stairs.
When Maiya jumped down the last couple of stairs, she saw that Suzuki sitting in her usual chair by the window. Her sister seemed to be deep in thought while sipping her coffee.
“Suzuki, do you want me to make breakfast?”
Suzuki looked up, a little startled from being interrupted from her thoughts. “Oh, no, that's okay. I already ate!”
Maiya grinned. “Always the early riser...”
The two girls quickly finished their respective breakfasts and coffee. Then, as Suzuki cleaned up the dishes, Maiya made their obento for lunch.
“Well, you ready to go?” Maiya questioned.
Suzuki shook her head. “We still need to fix your hair!”
Maiya patted her head, realizing that she hadn't even brushed her hair that morning! “Aw, Onee-chan... what am I going to do? My hair's gonna be hopeless!”
Suzuki laughed at her sister. “Come on, it's not that bad at all! Let's go.” Suzuki took Maiya's hand and dragged her up the stairs to the elder sister's bathroom.
Suzuki sat Maiya down on a bench near the mirror, then started to brush through her thick hair. “Man, did you even brush it last night?”
Maiya shook her head a little. “No... I forgot... I was so tired after our shopping that I completely forgot to...”
Suzuki sighed, then continued to fix Maiya's hair. After brushing it out, she straightened it all, making Maiya's discrete layers flip out a little and her tapered bangs curve to the side. She broke into Maiya's make-up bags and started pulling out a couple of different bottles and cases. Before Maiya could protest, Suzuki had put a thin layer of black liner, light and dark blue eyeshadow, and a tiny bit of neutral lip gloss on her sister. Then she stepped back to view her work.
“Aw, Maiya-chan! So much better; you look so cute!”
Maiya turned around and looked in the mirror. True, her eyes didn't sparkle with a shimmer-teal shadow, her hair didn't subtly wave at the ends, and her lips weren't shining with a frosted lip shine. There were those subtle differences between her and her sister, but she was a bit more confident in how she looked.
“I do look much better.... Thanks so much, Suzuki-chan! You're a fashion genius!” she cried out, glomping her sister in a gigantic hug.
Suzuki laughed. “Of course, it's my pleasure! Now, really, we need to hurry, or else we'll be late!”
Maiya nodded and the two sprinted out of their house, running towards their new school.