Peach Girl Fan Fiction ❯ The Problem with Twins... ❯ Chapter 3-- The Perfect Playboy...? ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 3-- The Perfect Playboy...?

“So... are you ready?”
Maiya nodded. “You?”
“Just one second.”
Suzuki reached down into her white and blue side backpack, searching for something. “Oh, I know I put it in here.... now where is it? Not here.... AHA!”
Suzuki pulled out two matching necklaces. One had the black side of the yin yang symbol, and the other had the corresponding white half.
“Oh, wow! Those are so cool!”
Suzuki grinned. “I bought them for us in celebration of moving back to Japan and starting high school here!”
Maiya grinned. “Aw, thanks so much!” she exclaimed, hugging Suzuki.
“All right, come on now, which one do you want? Let me guess.... the black one?” Suzuki joked.
Maiya chuckled. “Of course!”
“Then I'll take the white one!” Suzuki smiled back.
The two girls adjusted their new necklaces, then nodded to each other, signaling that they were ready. Together, the two opened the door to their new classroom.
“But, Sensei, it was a text message from my cousin! He wanted to tell me something important!”
“It doesn't matter; you shouldn't have your phone on in the first place!”
“But he said that it was an emergency!”
“Hand over the phone, Okayasu!”
Suzuki and Maiya watched as the poor boy walked up to the teacher, hand his phone in, then return dejectedly to his seat.
“It probably wasn't even a message from your cousin, it was probably from one of your girlfriends!”
The boy grinned. “Well, you just can't know, can you?”
The teacher rolled his eyes at the boy, then turned to see the new students.
“Quite an entrance point, huh, Imouto-chan?”
Maiya nodded. “Yes, quite interesting, Onee-chan.”
“Oh, hello, girls!” the teacher exclaimed. “You must be the new students coming in today!”
“Of course!” Suzuki replied.
“Would you care to write your names up on the board and tell us a little about yourselves?”
No! Not at all!” Maiya screamed in her head.
“Sure!” Suzuki replied.
Knowing how Maiya would probably react (an attempt to slink away into a corner to sit), she grabbed Maiya's hand as they walked up to the chalk board together. Suzuki placed a piece of chalk in Maiya's hand and grabbed one for herself.
Suzuki quickly wrote her name in elegant script while Maiya wrote a little slower.
“We are the Aihara twins. I'm the older sister, and my given name is Suzuki! I enjoy beach volleyball, photography, acting, and guitar!”
Maiya turned from writing her own name, remaining silent. Just then, she felt a quick pain in her foot.
“Ow!”
She glared over at Suzuki, who remained smiling.
Ano... I'm the younger sister, Maiya Aihara. I like... art and books... swimming... and the piano....”
Suzuki could tell that Maiya was going on embarrassment over-load, so she decided to step in. “We were actually born here in Japan, but two years ago, we went with our parents to the South of France to study. Last year, we were in California in America for a bit of a vacation, but now were back and ready to be here with all of you! Please treat us kindly!” she finished bowing. Maiya quickly followed.
“Very good, girls!” the teacher commented. “Now, we tried to squeeze in a bit more room for you, but we only had those two extra desks to begin with, so we apologize if that row's a bit crowded.”
“No, it's fine!” Suzuki assured him.
“So, there's the two seats over there. If you two would quickly choose, then we can get on with the lesson.”
The twins walked towards the row and noticed something in particular. The two extra seats were not together; they were separated by a seemingly shy boy in the center.
“Which seat would you want, Maiya?” Suzuki asked her sister.
Maiya looked at the seats. One was by the shy boy and a very tan girl. The other one was by a boy. Maiya started to point to the first desk. “Um, what about that one-”
“Here, how about you have that one over there!” Suzuki said, pointing to the opposite seat. “I'll take this one over here!” Suzuki winked and walked away.
“What is she trying to do here?!” Maiya scream-thought, freaking out.
Suzuki walked over to her desk, subtly looking back at her sister, who was trudging her way to her desk as if it was a death march. “There... maybe she'll get better at conversation if she's forced to talk to guys!”
“Hey!”
Suzuki turned to her right. The girl who had whispered to her was extremely tan, but in a natural way; not orange. She also had bright red-blond hair and bright, wide eyes. “So you're Suzuki-san? It's nice to meet you; I'm Momo Adachi!”
Suzuki grinned. “It's nice to meet you, too!”
“Hey, do you want help to catch up with the notes?”
“Sure!”
Just as Momo started whispering facts and collecting her notes, Suzuki looked over at her sister. “Oh, I hope she's okay...
Maiya was attempting to situate her writing utensils and notebooks on her desk. “Okay, so writing pencils first, then drawing pencils after... then my black ink pens...”
“Hey! Hey!”
Maiya didn't look up from her organizing. “Probably some kid trying to talk to his girlfriend behind the teacher's back or something......”
“Hey! ..... new girl!”
Maiya's dark blue eyes shot up to meet the eyes of the one speaking to her. The boy's eyes with a beautiful brown color that matched his gorgeous, milk chocolate-toned hair. He had a bit of a flirtatious smirk on his face. “Hey, your name's Maiya Aizawa?”
Maiya's face colored a little at being talked to by this very cute boy. “Yes, it is...” she mumbled.
“Maiya-chan, then...” he said in a quiet, sing-song voice. “Oh, that's a cute name! 'Maiya-chan...'”
Maiya's face erupted into a burst of red. She chose not to answer him and returned to her notebook.
“My cousin said that you both would be cute... boy, was he right!”
Maiya looked over at him, surprised. “Y-your cousin?”
“Yeah, you met him earlier!”
Maiya's eyes glazed over with confusion. “I did...?”
“Yup! He was the one who texted me right before you came in!” he replied sheepishly.
“Oh!” Then Maiya realized. He was the boy who had his phone taken as she and her sister were entering the class. “S-so... your name i-is.... Oka.... Okaya....”
“Okayasu!” he offered, smiling. “I'm Kairi Okayasu”
Maiya nodded. “N-nice to... m-meet you...”
“Okayasu!”
The two's attention was abruptly brought over to the front of the classroom, where the teacher was glaring at Kairi.
“How many times do I have to tell you? Please, be quiet during my lectures! You can feel free to hit on girls AFTER my speeches!”
Maiya's face reddened again as she heard the class giggle around her.
“Stop bugging the younger Aizawa-san and let her concentrate! Otherwise, I'll have to put you into social isolation!”
The class burst into laughter as Kairi waved his hand, seemingly unaffected by the teacher's words, grinning. “Sure sure, Sensei. I would interrupt anymore!”
Apparently satisfied, the teacher turned around. Maiya looked down the row to Suzuki, who was giving her a look that questioned what happened. Maiya sent her sister a reply-look that screamed, “SAVE ME!”
“I can't talk to this guy so easily like this, Suzuki-chan! Save me!!!”
“Hey, Maiya-chan!”
Maiya slowly turned back to Kairi. “What do you want!” she whispered. “And who said you could use my first name?!”
“Aw, c'mon, baby! It's no big deal! You can call me 'Kairi' if you want!”
Maiya blushed. “No thanks... I'll just call you 'Okayasu-san'.”
“So formal!” he whispered.
“Hm... this sounds familiar...”
“But anyway, you're not quite good at talking to people, are you, Maiya-chan?” he questioned, still whispering.
Maiya frowned, looking down at her notes. “W-what makes you s-say that?”
Kairi shrugged. “Well, you're stammering through almost every sentence! Like you're trying to force yourself to talk.”
Maiya paused for a moment. “Y-yeah, I guess... Suzuki is more out going and is better at it. I'd just mess up, so I let her talk more.”
Kairi sighed. “But what you want to say might not always be what Suzuki-chan says! I want to hear what Maiya-chan wants to say, from Maiya-chan herself!”
Maiya looked up at Kairi, surprised and a little touched. “How can he say that so easily...? He just met me!”
“Okayasu!!!”
Gomen, Sensei!!!!”

Eventually, after a long couple of hours of notes, the lunch bell rang. The teacher dismissed the class and all of the kids rose and started chattering about the mundane work and their plans for the breaks.
Kairi stood up and stretched with his arms up, causing his shirt to rise a little. “Oh, gosh, if I have to listen to another lecture on 'why Buddhism was so popular', I'm gonna go become a monk myself!!”
Maiya quietly giggled as she collected all of her notes.
“What's so funny?” he asked.
Maiya shrugged, still smiling a little. “I was imagining you with a shaved head... it just doesn't fit at all!”
Kairi laughed, shaking his hair a little. “Yeah, that would be pretty funny!”
“Hey, you two, what are you laughing about?”
Kairi and Maiya turned around to see three people: the first was Suzuki, the next was the tan girl who sat next to Suzuki, and the last was a dirty-blond-haired boy who Maiya hadn't noticed before.
Maiya blushed a little, but managed to reply. “Just the thought of 'Okayasu-san, the Shaved-Head-Buddhist Monk'.”
The group all burst into a new round of laughter.
“Oh, god, that WOULD be hilarious!” the tan girl exclaimed.
Kairi put on a mock-hurt face. “Momo-chan, that's not nice at all! I get a make-up hug for you laughing at me!” he exclaimed as he jumped forward to hug the girl.
Just then, a hand popped out in front of him, grabbed his forehead, and pushed Kairi back and away from Momo.
“Nice try, Kairi,” the boy said, shaking his head.
“Aw, Toji, you're so mean!” Kairi exclaimed, making his voice sound like a high-pitched girl.
Ano... s-sumimasen...” Maiya started, a little unsure, “but who might you both-”
“Sorry about that, Aizawa-chan!” the tan girl apologized. “I'm Momo Adachi, and this is Kazuya Toujigamori!” Momo explained, pointing to herself, and then to the other boy.
The boy chuckled, scratching his head. “Well, you can just call me 'Toji'. That's what everyone else does.”
Maiya nodded, blushing a little. “O-okay, then.... Toji.”
“Aw, Maiya-chan!” Kairi started yelling. “Why would you call Toji by his nickname, but not call me Kairi!”
Maiya shrugged. “Well, if everyone else calls him Toji, it's okay, because it's a nickname of his last name. K-Kairi....” She blushed a bit more. “Kairi is your given name, and shows more intimacy... plus, I just met you. And I'm sure that not everyone calls you Kairi-”
“Okayasu-kun!”
The group turned to see a group of three girls standing by the classroom entrance. “Come on, Okayasu-kun, you're going to be late for lunch!”
Kairi sent them a friendly smile. “I'll be there soon.”
Momo leaned over to the twins. “Those girls are Okayasu's fan girls.”
Suzuki and Maiya's eyes widened.
“So, there are seriously fan girls here? Even for students?” Suzuki asked.
Momo nodded. “Okayasu's actually pretty popular here. He's one of the best-looking boys here!”
Maiya turned back to look at the still-grinning Kairi. He was rather attractive, and not just physically. He seemed to have an easy-going, friendly personality to everyone, not just his friends.
“Maybe I envy him a little for that...”
“Well, come on, everyone. The lunch lines will be out the window if we don't hurry,” Toji said.
Everyone grabbed their belongings and started walking down the hall. Suzuki and Maiya fell in the back of the group, following them to the cafeteria.
“Yo!” Suzuki whispered as she started speaking in French. “~So, what do you think of these guys?~”
Maiya thought for a minute. “~I think they'd be nice friends. That girl, Momo, seems very nice... and so does Toji. Kairi's QUITE welcoming...~” she said with a bit of a frown, to which Suzuki chuckled.
“~Yeah! You seem to have an easier time talking to him than some of the others. You weren't stuttering nearly as much. That's really good!~”
Maiya shrugged, blushing a little. “~He's a bit odd, though. He acts like he's known me for weeks.~”
Suzuki laughed. “~I think that's just the way he is. He's friendly. Hm... maybe I should set you two up for some one-on-one time...?~” she murmured, grinning mischievously.
Maiya frowned, blushing, and shook her head. “~Please, don't,~” she begged, then looked forward. She noticed something she hadn't before: as the two talked with Kairi, Toji and Momo were holding hands.
“~Hey, you think those two are going out?~” she asked, gesturing towards Toji and Momo.
Suzuki looked over, as if absorbing the situation, then nodded. “~They must be. They're a cute couple, no?~”
Maiya nodded. “~But I wonder how Kairi fits into all of this... he seems like he's pretty close with them. I would originally think that he would be Toji's best friend, so he hangs out with them. But it appears that he's closer to Momo, not Toji.~”
“~Yeah, I suppose so...~” Suzuki replied, shrugging. “~I guess we'll find out eventually-~”
“Hey, Twins! The lunch room's this way!” Kairi exclaimed, interrupting their quiet conversation.
“Coming!” Suzuki called back as the two ran to catch up with the group.
They all walked into the lunch room. Already, it was bustling with kids trying to get their lunches as quickly as possible, find their friends, chat about classes, and catch up on the latest gossip. The Aizawa twins followed behind Momo, Toji, and Kairi as they found a table.
“So, Maiya, what'd you pack for our lunch?” Suzuki asked as everyone took out their lunch boxes.
Maiya shook her head, blushing a little. “Surprise,” she simply said.
Suzuki let out an exasperated sigh, then finally found her lunch box. She took out three boxes and opened them all, letting out a surprised gasp. The first box contained a Japanese Scotch Egg (a hard-boiled egg wrapped around a small layer of sausage meat) and cucumbers. The second held a salmon rice ball that was decorated with a cat-face, and a small salad made of lettuce, cherry tomatoes, carrots cut into small flowers, and snow peas and a small bit of French-style dressing. The last contained two mini cupcakes and a collection of blueberries and strawberries, topped with a light dusting of powdered sugar.
“Oh, my gosh, Maiya! You really out-did yourself this time!” Suzuki exclaimed as she hugged her sister. Maiya merely blushed in return, took out her own identical lunch and handed Suzuki her chopsticks.
“Wow, Aizawa-chan! That looks really great!” Momo complimented.
Toji nodded, smiling kindly in agreement.
“Totally!” Kairi exclaimed. “Man, I wish I had a cute girlfriend like you who'd make me lunches like that....” Then his face brightened up. “Hey, Maiya-chan! How about going out with me?” he asked with a huge grin on his face.
Maiya's blush increased ten-fold. “Ah-... In your dreams!” she exclaimed, turning to her own lunch with a frown.
“Okayasu, come on, stop harassing Aizawa-chan!” Momo scolded.
“I'm not harassing her, Momo-chan!” Kairi protested.
“B-by the way, Adachi-san, you can just call me Maiya-chan. I r-really don't mind,” Maiya said with a blush. “You, too, Toji.”
“Okay, sure!” Momo replied. “And you can just call me 'Momo-chan'!”
Maiya smiled at her new friends, then looked over to Suzuki. Suzuki had a very small small on her face. “~W-what?~”
Suzuki shook her head. “~It's nothing, Maiya.~”
“Aw, crap... not again!”
The group looked over to see Kairi rapidly throwing stuff out of his bag.
“What's wrong, Okayasu?” Suzuki asked, staring at the growing pile of Kairi's belongings.
“I can't find my lunch! Aw, man... I must have forgot it this morning...” Kairi grinned and leaned over, attempting to grab the twin's lunch. “Can I have some of yours', Aizawa-chans?”
Suzuki and Maiya grabbed their lunches before he could touch them, scooting them closer and out of his grasp. “”No way.””
“Awww! Please?” Kairi begged, giving them a cute look.
The twins shook their heads.
“Nope,” Suzuki said. “Maiya put a lot of effort into this lunch! It's a Maiya-specialty; I'm not gonna give this up! No way!!”
Kairi's expression turned into a pouty-puppy dog look. “But I want to have some of Maiya's specialty lunch, too!”
Maiya blushed.
“Kairi, just go ask your cousin for some money,” Toji offered.
“Good idea!” Kairi said, leaping up. Then he walked around the table and put his arms on the twins' shoulders. “Hey, how about you guys come with me? I'll buy you something as a treat!”
Suzuki shrugged. “Well, I guess so... is it okay with you, Maiya?”
Maiya just shrugged in return.
“Awesome!” Kairi exclaimed as the twins packed up their lunches and waved good-bye to Momo and Toji.
As the trio walked down the hall, Kairi and Suzuki talked very easily about their classes. Kairi updated the twins on all of the teachers, what their expectations were, and the like. Maiya merely listened to their conversation, not wanting to interrupt.
“So,” Suzuki started casually, “What's up with Momo-chan and Toji? Are they going out or something.”
Kairi stopped for a minute, and Maiya could see his face cloud over for half a second. Then his confident grin returned. “That was odd...”
“Yeah, they've been going out for a while now! They've been kind of off and on this past year or two, but it hasn't really been their fault. A lot of people kept messing with them, creating drama and all of that, but I guess they're happy now!” Kairi explained.
“He seems a little too happy...” Maiya thought. Then she turned to Suzuki. “~Too happy?~” she questioned in French.
Suzuki nodded. “~Most definitely. Drama?~”
“~Oooooh yes.~”
“AHH, would you too quit that!” Kairi exclaimed. “It makes me feel so left out of the loop!”
The twins merely chuckled. “Sorry about that. It wasn't anything important anyway, Okayasu!”
Kairi made a pouty-face, but decided not to question them any further. After a couple of minutes of walking, Kairi stopped at the main office.
“Well, here we are!”
Suzuki and Maiya looked around the familiar main office from that morning. “Does your cousin work here as an office helper?” Suzuki asked.
“Well, kinda... but he's not a student. He helps the main office out sometimes... but you've already met him, haven't you?”
Maiya turned to Suzuki, realizing it at the same time. Both girls had the exact same expression of utter surprise. “”No.... way...””
“Suzuki-chan!”
The three turned to see Hayato, the guidance counselor, jogging up to them with a huge smile on his face.
“Kyuu-sensei! You're Okayasu's cousin?” Suzuki questioned.
“Yup! I mean, there isn't much of a resemblance between us, but we're related!” Hayato said, grabbing his cousin in a mini-headlock.
Maiya and Suzuki stared, wide-eyed and open-mouthed, at the two. “”But you guys DO look alike!!!”” they yelled out. The eyes were only a slightly different shade of brown, but the two shared the similar tone of hair (just Kairi's was a little lighter). Their faces looked quite similar, and the twins realized that their personalities matched as well.
Kairi and Hayato shrugged.
“Anyway, Kyuu, could I have some money for lunch? I forgot mine...”
Hayato sighed. “I don't know, Kairi... this is the third time this month...”
“Please, Kyuu!” Kairi begged. “I'm starving here!”
“Fine... but you better pay me back! Being a counselor doesn't pay well, you got that!”
Kairi grinned. “Yeah, yeah, you say that every time!” he yelled over his shoulder as he ran back down the hall.
Hayato shook his head. “That guy... anyway, would you girls want to eat here in my office with me? You probably won't have time to go back, sit down, and finish your lunches.”
Suzuki tilted her head to the side. “But what about Okayasu?”
Hayato laughed. “That boy runs pretty quickly when he's motivated. And if he's running back to you two cute girls, then he'll be back EXTRA quickly!”
The girls went with Hayato tn his office to wait for Kairi and eat their lunches as he asked them how they liked the school.
“Well, the teachers seem pretty nice, and we're making friends pretty quickly, which is good!” Suzuki told him. “Right, Maiya-chan?”
Maiya nodded, finishing up her first rice ball.
“Oh, so you two have made friends already?” Hayato asked. “You girls work pretty fast! Who are they?”
“Well, there's Momo Adachi, Toujigamori... and now Okayasu, as well! Your cousin has been very helpful and kind, especially to my sister, here.”
Maiya's face colored as she picked up the next rice ball.
Hayato laughed. “Well, he can be when he puts his mind to it! Usually, most of the kids just call him a friendly guy, or a playboy.”
“Hey, guys, I'm back! Boy, was that line long...”
The group turned as the door was suddenly opened and Kairi walked into the room, lunch tray in hand.
“Well, speak of the devil!” Hayato announced, chuckling.
Kairi stuck out his tongue in response. “Very funny, Baka-Itoko-san!” Then he turned to the twins, sitting down in between them. “So, did you girls miss me-” Suddenly, Kairi stopped, then burst into laughter.
“What's wrong, Okayasu?” Suzuki asked.
“I-It's... Maiya-chan!” he managed to gasp between laughs. “S-... Sh.... She had... r-... rice all over her face!”
Everyone turned to look at Maiya. It was true; Maiya had been pretty messy with her lunch and now had rice surrounding her mouth. The whole room burst into laughter as Maiya scratched away at her face, which was turning a brilliant crimson.
“Here, let me help!”
Maiya froze as Kairi started to wipe away the few remaining grains of rice, her level of embarrassment growing rapidly.
“There, all better now!” he said with a smile. Then he returned to his cafeteria lunch.
Maiya turned back to her own lunch as everyone else started a new conversation. She allowed her long hair to fall down in between her and Kairi, creating a curtain which would hide her blushing cheeks. “What is UP with him?! I've only known him a couple of hours, and he's wiping my face and acting like he's known me for years! And why does he keep making me nervous and stuff?! I don't understand guys...”
Maiya sat there for the rest of their lunch period, watching the others talk about random things. Occasionally, she'd switch her attention over to Kairi, specifically, observing his mannerisms. He could talk and laugh with others so easily, firing back come-backs at Hayato and laughing as Suzuki's jokes.
“He certainly is an odd individual.....”
Finally, the bell rang.
“Aw, man! Back to boring old work...” Hayato complained. “Well, you guys better get off to class!”
Kairi and the girls stood up and waved a farewell to Hayato.
“Man, I really don't want to go back and sit in that classroom again...” Kairi complained as they walked back down the hall with the stampede of students.
Suzuki nodded. “Well, at least we only have a couple more hours. Then we get to go home.”
“So true, my friend!” Kairi agreed, wrapping one arm around Suzuki's shoulders and the other around a blushing Maiya's.