Pet Shop Of Horrors Fan Fiction ❯ Little Lion ❯ Epilog ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
LITTLE LION





Epilog: years later-





Leon scowled while he walked down the streets of Chinatown in San Francisco. It seemed so very much like the one he lived near when he was a child, back in New England. Of course, that had been a different lifetime. Back when he lived with his dad. Leon shuddered at the thought of the man he'd lived with for only a few years.

No.

'Dad's not that guy. Dad's Pete.' Dad was the one who taught him to play baseball and the one who gave him his first Christmas present. Not...that other guy. Leon had started calling Pete dad not long after he was legally adopted by the Orcot's and Lisa, his second grade teacher, had become the mom he'd always wanted. It wasn't long before Leon started to have sisters join the family and then...Chris. Leon's frown deepened at the thought of his youngest sibling. Chris was a sweet little brother, but it had been eight years and Leon was still having a hard time forgiving his little brother.

'I know it wasn't his fault. I know he couldn't have done anything differently.' But still, Leon couldn't forgive the boy who'd taken Lisa away from him. The first person to ever love him. 'It's not his fault! He was just a baby for christ's sake! I have to get over this!'

Lisa had died giving birth to Chris and there had always been a resentment in the family against Chris, for taking their dear mother away.

Eight years old. The same age Leon himself had been when mom and dad had saved him from...that man. There were fuzzy parts of Leon's memory about that time, but dad had told him that he was so hurt so badly, it was no wonder his memory was Swiss cheese. Leon sighed. He really had to get this whole thing with Chris sorted out. Soon. He knew first hand what it felt like to have your own family hate you and he certainly didn't want his own brother feeling like he did. Even if the rest of the family really did hate Chris, Leon knew he was just angry. He didn't hate the kid.

'Maybe once he comes to live with me for a while he'll start to get better. Maybe I will, too.' Leon's aunt had called him a few days ago and told him all about the incident that had made Chris stop talking. That hateful little cousin of his had said horrible things to Chris, accusing him of killing his mother.

"He needs to go to an institute in your city, Leon. In a few months they have an opening for him and we're going to send him to you. He's your brother and you can take the responsibility of looking after him while he's in your city." Leon's aunt had told him over the phone. As nervous as Leon was about meeting his little brother for the first time since Chris had been an infant, Leon knew his aunt was at least partly right. Chris was his brother and he had a responsibility to look after him.

'I'm not sure I want to send him to an institute, though. Maybe the change of scene will be good for Chris.' Leon himself wasn't very good at change. Most every change in his life had been traumatic. 'But it's not always bad.' Leon reminded himself. 'Getting adopted by Mrs. Lisa and Pete was a very good change.'

Leon's first big change, after the adoption, had been the family's move across the country to California. It had been for Leon's sake, really. Leon started having panic attacks whenever he had to go by his old home and mom and dad thought it best to get away from the area entirely. Hence the move across the nation. Still, Leon couldn't shake the feeling that there was something important about Chinatown.

'It must be the case.' He thought. 'Working on this case has got me all worked up and I can't get it off my mind.' Yes, Leon knew this Count D character was up to no good. There couldn't possibly be so many deaths connected to one man without guilt somewhere along the lines. 'I'm getting paranoid working on this.' Leon thought. Well, it was better than thinking about his family. About Chris and how he'd stopped talking and how no one could coax a single word from him. It also helped to distract Leon from...

'Poor Bombay.' Leon wiped a tear away from his eye before anyone could see his weakness.

There were to many animals on the streets, Leon noticed. Every time he looked around, Leon's eyes landed on a stray cat or dog. Crows flying over head and he could even hear the rustle of rats in the alleys. The animals only made Leon think of Bombay.

Bombay died that morning. It was feline leukemia that had brought Bombay down. The seemingly ageless cat had woken one day, in Leon's apartment, and started crying in agony. Leon woke to find his best friend screeching on the bed and almost unable to move. Leon called to all the best veterinarians and animal hospitals he could find, but there was no hope. In the end, Leon was pushed over the edge by Bombay's tears. The cat was actually crying, he was in so much pain.

Leon paused in his walk and put a hand over his eyes, as if he could block out the image of his beloved friend crying in his arms. 'Some man I am. I can't even take care of a cat. How could I ever take care of Chris?' Leon knew that Bombay was old, he'd been a full-grown cat when Leon was eight and he'd lasted fifteen years after that. It had to be some kind of record for a cat to live so long. 'It wasn't long enough.' Leon had had to Bombay put to sleep. 'A fuckin' nice way to say I killed my cat.' Leon thought bitterly.

Leon, realizing that he was letting his mind wander, tried to get back on coarse. The case. That Count D guy was killing people and probably selling drugs, too. Yes, this was important. Leon had to get this guy off the streets so he couldn't hurt anyone anymore.








Leon stared at the man before him. Leon felt his heart jump in his chest and his breath stopped for a minute. 'Such an incredibly beautiful guy...' But that wasn't all. It wasn't just about what the guy looked like. Leon's mouth fell open and he knew this man was important. It was like a puzzle box had been opened and all the pieces had been thrown down in front of him. Leon knew Count D had the key to putting the pieces together again and he just had to know what the picture looked like when it was put together.

"Greetings..."







En d




Did you like it? We had such fun writing this one! Especially Evil Little god of Writing, but Lil' Demoness liked this last chapter, too. Tell us what you thought? Did we make you cry?

If you doubt that Leon has a thing for D, just watch the DVD. When Leon sees D for the first time, I swear, he stops breathing for a minute! It's so cute!



Is it just me or is there simply not enough Petshop of Horrors fanfiction?