Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Painful Memories ❯ Painful Memories ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Dis…Claimer. You figure it out. Yay! I actually got to use my characters in a fic! If you read the summary, you know why they have those names, Luke and Short. And if, by any chance, you didn't, they're after Luke Short. I'm adding a Prologue later. Realizes everyone's gone silent except for a few crickets in the back and even the crickets are staring at her Sweatdrops Stumbles of, cursing herself

Fine! Be that way! I'll review by myself… Starts bawling

Author's Note: No! Don't stop reading! O__O

Painful Memories

A red-haired girl turned off her alarm clock as her blue-green eyes fluttered open.

"We're gonna be late!" yelled her partner, Luke, from the hall.

"Fine. Whatever," she yelled back.

She took a quick shower with her vanilla-scented soap and shampoo and dried off on a fluffy white towel She put on her uniform. She slapped on some make-up and thought about the meeting that started in half an hour. She opened the door and ran through the hall.

"Hey!"

She had run into Luke.

"Li'l! You forgot your PokèMoN!"

"Oh, thanks!"

She grabbed her 6 Pokèballs from off the dresser.

"Okay, Li'l. Now we're SERIOUSLY gonna be late!"

"Coming Luke!" she said back.

They ran through Team Rocket Headquarters to Giovanni's office.

"You're late," he said.

Luke glared at Lily and she nodded. This caught Giovanni's interest.

"Your lack of respect for authority somewhat amuses me."

"No. No. No lack of respect, just no FEAR of my authority," she replied.

This made Giovanni laugh.

+What are you doing… + Luke said through thought.

+Whaddo you mean? + Li'l replied, faking innocence.

He rolled his eyes. +You know damn well what I mean, Li'l. +

Li'l smirked.

"Let us get back to the reason I have called you here."

+And that reason would be…? +

"The reason I have called you here is you are about to embark on a new mission. Now, keep in mind, if you, for any reason, choose not to accept, I fully understand…"

Silence.

"Your mission," he continued, "is to go up into Lavender tower and catch ghost PokèMoN. But I'm warning you now, you will have to cross route 8." Luke cringed, "And you'll pass the Name Rater and Volunteer houses, possibly even stopping." Li'l bit her lip; "You may cross the path of the PokèMoN Soul House, too." Li'l suppressed a small sob, "You may decline from this mission, or even make a few stops along the way. Whatever gets the job done."

"I'm in," Li'l said with a sniff.

Luke nodded.

"Good," said Giovanni, "Go pack. You're in jeep number 5."

"Sir. Excuse me, but-."

"Unless of course, Miss Short, you'd rather walk?"

"Uh…no."

"Alright then. Be ready at eight."

*

After waking up at seven and showering, Li'l picked up her bag and joined Luke at the front door.

They successfully located the vehicle and hopped in, Luke in the drivers seat, Li'l in the passenger seat, and rode off.

+I wonder why the boss gave us a jeep. I mean, Luke is wearing the white field-agent uniform and I'm still in a Dan'in one, for God sakes! Maybe the boss's just trying to make the trip a little easier on us… who knows. At least it's got a radio. +