Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Painful Memories ❯ Detour ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Sweatdrops We've gone over this pops a vein >__< ALL I OWN ARE LI'L AND LUKE, DARNIT! The listed books belong to their respective authors. Along with Short Rochester and Luke Sawyer, I happen to own Bella York, her former partner, Younger small, her current partner, Starr Aim, Holliday Wilde, and her partner, Doc Smart. I didn't put `em in `til now cause I forgotted, OKAY?! >_<

Author's Note: I love all the books I listed, and own most of them, too. I also know every word of The Lion King. =PI do so enjoy writing my fics! Even if NO ONE REPLIES! >__< Glares at all the mean, mean people. Leaves.

Oops! Wait! WAIT! I own Jane and Ray, too! Yay! ^__^ They're after Wild Jane Cannaray from the Old West! Giggles, for no apparent reason.

Chapter 4:

Detour

Ring, ring, ring! Ring, ring, ring! Phone call! Phone call! Ri-

"Yes?" said a rather pissed Luke.

It was the boss.

"Li'l. Li'l! Wake up!"

The Boss was reading a newspaper. The funnies, as Li'l noticed.

"Oh," said Li'l, "yawns What is it now?"

"I called merely to check up on you, and all the other field-agents in your area of Kanto. Approximately two days ago I sent Jane and Ray on a mission through your part of Cerulean. Reportedly, there has been a serious break-in, a possible hostage situation. Some Hotel…"

"Snubble?"

"Pardon?"

"Snubble Hotel."

He shifted the various sections of newspaper around until he found what he was looking for. "That's the one. Lucky guess?"

"No. We're there."

"That exact hotel?"

"Mmmm-hmmm…"

"That's fine, but, LUKE! LISTEN!" Luke had fallen asleep.

"Sorry, sir!" he said with a yawn.

"They're checking everyone at the edge of Saffron, due to another heist the police are certain is somehow connected. Though you happen to know who committed both crimes, Miss Short?"

She nodded. Giovanni chuckled.

"Now seriously, listen! You have a choice: Take the underground to Vermilion, then to Fuschia, the bike path, Celadon, and the under ground path, or escape an arrest. I'm suggesting you stick with the first option," he said with a laugh.

"But wait! Can't we just go back to the base in Viridian and take a short cut to Celadon City?"

"Hmmm… That would be shortest… But wait… No. Sorry, but you can't take the original way back. I wouldn't suggest driving through a protected forest either."

"Well, yawns thanks anyway, boss," Li'l said hanging up.

"This sucks."

"Yeah, this really bites the big one."

"Ya know, they never used to give a second thought to any of us. Now it's like we're gonna blow up at any second."

"It's all because of that Saffron attack!"

"Damn terrorists!"

"You said it!"

"You know who get the worst treatment of all of us?"

"No," he said with a voice bursting with sarcasm, "Who?"

"Jessie, James, and Meowth!"

Luke rolled his eyes.

"Luke! I'm being serious here!"

"Yeah. Seriously obsessive!"

"Hey!"

"Well, yawns, good night, Li'l."

"You mean good morning. It's almost three!"

"Good night!" he said, rolling over so his back was to her and no conversation could continue.

"But-! sighs G'night."

Luke had fallen asleep right away. Li'l, on the other hand, was already up. She decided to catch up on her reading. She grabbed their bag and pulled out the green flashlight and The Hobbit. She was up to chapter 4, Over Hill and Under Hill, on page 55. It was Luke's. She happened to own The Fellowship of the Rings, though, and had gotten to chapter 5. Li'l and Luke had about twenty-five books combined. Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Beauty, The Outsiders, Anne of Green Gables, Anne of the Island, Anne of Avonlee, Anne's House of Dreams, six of the Chronicles of Narnia, Peter Pan, Night of a Thousand Tales, A Guide to PokèMoN Fortune Telling, The PokèMoN Guide Book, And Luke's Bible. Yep. Twenty-five exactly, if you don't include both journals. They also owned a movie, The Lion King. Li'l knew every word.

By the time she was done reading, Li'l had read up to page 80.