Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ 100_Moods ❯ Mood #24: Cynical ( Chapter 24 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Title: Cynical
Author: Shadow/Phantomness
Pairi
ng: Championshipping (Lance x Red)
Fandom: Pokémon
Theme: #24, Cynical

Rating: PG-13
Disclaimer: Pokemon belongs to Nintendo and Shogakukan Comics. This non-profit, non-copyright infringing fanfiction belongs to me under international copyright laws and taking it is plagiarism. Thank you. *Phantomness bows*
Notes: <> for telepathy, ** for thoughts, italics if a pokemon talks
Warnings: AU, Het, politics
 
Lance narrowed his eyes as he watched Red slip out of the auditorium. True, President Goodman's speech was terrifyingly boring, but it was considered rude to depart so soon, and also… un-patriotic. Considering that Kanto was currently at war with Houen, being anything less than zealously devoted to the country was dangerous.
He casually began to hum underneath his breath. The eyes of all the guards began to droop, and moments later, they were all snoring.
None but himself had marked Red's leave-taking. Good.
The last thing he needed was to clean up the mess - and by cleaning up the mess he would most likely slaughter every corrupt politician in sight. That did not bode well for anyone.
 
With that done, the redhead focused his power and teleported out. He found his wife in their bedroom, sipping on lemonade and leafing through her fan mail half-heartedly. A tangible aura of depression, if not outright hate, hung around her small body.
 
“It's dangerous of you to do this, you know.” Lance pointed out reasonably.
Red flushed, looking up at him. “I just couldn't stand the atmosphere in there anymore. All those stupid men, raving and frothing at the mouth! War is the last thing we need! Why don't they admit that they just want the supply of hardwood in Houen, and their ore deposits?”
She knew enough to know that Goodman liked money, and always wanted more, more, more! Whether it was wine, women, or wealth, there was nothing their President - and most of their Council - wanted more.
Why did no one care?
Dying for one's country was all right if it was a good cause, but lining pockets was not worthwhile! And here he droned on, that fat lump in raw silk, while boys and girls not much younger than she was were dying on the front lines of both sides!
 
“Red-chan,” He sighed. “I understand.”
“I know what you did, though.” She turned to look at her husband. “Thank you.”
“Mmm,” Lance replied noncommittally. She smirked.
“Can I kiss you now?”
“… If you want,” He drawled, wondering if she had cheered up enough to suggest some other amusements.
“I do want.” Red purred, and that was that.
 
End Fic
Completed 10/2/06
Edited 6/3/09
*Sniffles* I hate being sick…