Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ 100_Themes ❯ Theme #48: Ruggedness ( Chapter 48 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Title: Mountain Climbing
Author: Shadow/Phantomness
Pairing: Championshipping (Lance x Ash/Red)
Fandom: Pokémon
Theme: #48, Ruggedness

Rating: PG-13
Disclaimer: Pokemon belongs to Nintendo and Shogakukan Comics. This non-profit, non-copyright infringing fanfiction belongs to me under international copyright laws and taking it is plagiarism. Thank you. *Phantomness bows*
Notes: <> for telepathy, ** for thoughts, italics if a pokemon talks
Warnings: Shonen-ai, implied sex
 
“Why are we up on this mountain, Lance?” Red called up to his climbing partner, who was (no fair!) Riding his Dragonair and not struggling up the rocks.
“Believe it had something to do with the challenges you and Bruno have been flinging at each other all this week. How is Bruno doing, by the way?”
Red grinned. “Can you believe he's climbing slower than I am? I guess being light is advantageous in certain situations.”
“Mm.” Lance nodded. “Well, I'll be waiting at the top with snacks. See you soon!”
Red nodded his acceptance, gritted his teeth, and kept climbing. It had all started when Bruno mentioned something about Red not being manly enough. Red had gotten irritated, and they had started challenging each other, starting with a basic one on one pokémon battle (Espeon had wiped the floor with Bruno's Hitmonchan) and progressing to other things such as a cooking contest (Agatha and Lorelei were the tasters, and were both violently sick that night, so it was judged a draw as they couldn't figure out whose food had made them ill) to speed racing in the pool (Bruno won that one) to ice skating (which Red won easily when they found out Bruno couldn't keep his balance on the ice)…
In any case, it had boiled down to their current challenge, which was why they were scaling Mount Silver - no pokémon allowed. Lance was referee for this particular challenge, since he had opted out on the cooking one, much to Red's displeasure.
The Dragon Master popped open an umbrella, set up his deck chair, put on his sunglasses, and opened the cooler of soft drinks and snacks he had brought up. This could take a while.
 
Red began huffing and puffing as he felt his strength wearing down. The problem with being small and quick was lack of stamina. He normally won his pokemon battles on sheer speed alone, and now climbing up a mountain with Pikachu perched on his head was a bit daunting.
Bruno, on the other hand, was doing quite well, rather used to training in mountainous terrain. Working with fighting and rock types had bulked him up. However, his greater mass was a disadvantage when considering how much more he had to fight against the force of gravity.
As Red climbed, he began to daydream, hoping it would take his mind off the arduous task. Soon, he was deep in the throes of a very exciting encounter with Lance that involved an industrial-sized vat of chocolate syrup when Pikachu shocked him.
“W-What did you do that for?”
You've already made it to the top!
“I have?” Red looked around, and his jaw dropped. So it was! He had managed to scale the top peak of Mount Silver!
Silly master. Pikachu laughed.
 
Lance grinned as he walked over, handing Red a bottle of lemonade. “Well, I've never seen anyone climb that fast before - or that carelessly! You ran into two trees, one thorn bush, and through a hot spring!”
“I did?” Red gaped, between gulps of lemonade.
“Yes, you did. Haven't you noticed?”
Red looked down and gulped. His clothes were wet and muddy, and now that he was on the mountain he was starting to feel quite cold. Lance tsked.
“Well, it'll take Bruno a while longer to get up here. Get out of those wet clothes before you catch a cold.”
Red flushed as he hurriedly stripped, feeling Lance's eyes on him. The Dragon Master smirked, before he pounced. Red hit the ground, but surprisingly, it didn't hurt as much as he would have expected. That might have something to do with the mattress he had just landed on. Where had that come from?
“Wait a minute… You were planning this!” He shrieked.
“Of course I was.” Lance smirked. “So what were you dreaming about, Champion?” He purred, as his hand closed around Red's erection.
Red colored. “You know very well.” He pouted.
“Mm, I can guess… we won't have much time, but maybe enough for a quickie…” With that thought concluded, he captured Red's lips in a kiss as he began to stroke.
Red groaned, and within a few minutes, was pleasantly satiated while he watched Lance lick his fingers.
 
When Bruno climbed up half an hour later, he found both trainers sipping lemonade underneath an umbrella.
“How on earth did you manage to climb so fast, Red?” He said incredulously.
“Trade secret.” Red grinned.
Lance said not a word, and offered Bruno lemonade. The trainer declined, and with the challenge over, they all flew back to Indigo Plateau.
It was only until later that Bruno wondered why there had been a mattress, of all things, on top of the hill, and when the thought clicked, he blanched. Surely…
No. It couldn't be. Right? He was thinking too much.
 
Lance and Red exchanged smirks as they lay in bed together, after a long, hot shower.
“Silly Bruno.”
“Well, that challenge would have been wise. I applaud your creativity in… distancing the body and mind.”
“Mm.” Red said, and kissed Lance. No more words needed to be said.
 
End Fic
Completed 8/22/06
Lance: *Molests Red*
Red: *Blush*
Phantomness: *Holding up a video camera with a grin*
Pika-chan: *Raiding the author's refrigerator for sweets*