Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ 52_Card Pickup ❯ Theme #32: Return ( Chapter 32 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Title: Return
Author: Shadow/Phantomness
Pairing: Championshipping (Lance x Red)
Fandom: Pokémon
Theme: #32, Return
Rating: PG
Disclaimer: Pokemon belongs to Nintendo and Shogakukan Comics. This non-profit, non-copyright infringing fanfiction belongs to me under international copyright laws and taking it is plagiarism. Thank you. *Phantomness bows*
Notes: <> for telepathy, ** for thoughts, italics if a pokemon talks
Warnings: AU, het

“Lance-chan…”
There was no reply. Red glanced around the room a tad nervously. What was he supposed to say? They had parted under less than ideal circumstances, and then he had run off to Mount Silver to brood. The quiet atmosphere there had done wonders for his thought process, and he had come to an inescapable conclusion – he was finally able to admit that it was his fault.
He tiptoed into her bedroom, but found it empty with a faint coating of dust over every visible surface. Even the coverlet was covered with dust! The Dragon Master must have been gone for a while, then. Where would she be?

Red glanced around, hoping for a hint, but saw none. Sighing, he went outside to ask the rest of the Elite Four. Bruno and Lorelei proved unhelpful, but Agatha took pity on him and said she would scry.
He waited patiently while she filled a glass tripod bowl with water, and gazed into its clear depths. Finally, she shook her head.
“What’s wrong?” Red asked.
“I cannot see her anywhere.”
Nervously, he gulped. “Does that mean…”
“No.” Agatha said sharply. “Don’t jump to the worst conclusion first, Child. Lance is not dead. If that were the case, the water would have turned red.”
Red looked mildly relieved. “Then what’s wrong?”
“She is out of range.” She said shortly. “My scrying power is limited – it only encompasses Kanto and a tad of Johto. She may be in the Johto region, or off in Shinou, Orre, Cosmos, or Houen.”
“Great!” He squeaked out.
“At the very least, she will return in two months when the Summer Championships begin. You should not worry.” Agatha instructed.
Red nodded, but even so, prepped his Pokémon, and the next morning, headed out to Johto.

It took him three weeks to find Lance. The Dragon Master had been off in Orre, hunting Team Snagem. Red was not sure whether it was his fault or not, but he apologized just in case.
Lance just stared at him, even as her Dragonair and Red’s Pikachu beat the tar out of the opposing Bayleef and Golbat. Perhaps talking in a midst of battle was not the wisest decision, but in any case, their Pokémon were perfectly capable of finishing the rest alone while their Trainers were otherwise occupied.
“What did you just say?” She asked, not believing her ears.
“I couldn’t do it.” Red sighed. “I thought being with Yellow would make me complete, but… it didn’t. I couldn’t even,” He blushed, “Get aroused.”
“So you came back,” She scowled.
“Yes.” He said firmly. “But not because she didn’t want me. I came because I realized that I loved you.”
“Really…” Her tone indicated that she severely doubted his words. Performance anxiety did not a man make, though it could a man break, and the idea that he had even gone that far with another girl made her fight the urge to call him a cheating bastard right off the bat.
She was not like those whores, and they had never done anything but kiss and cuddle. Fortunate, really…

“You know that saying?” Red asked, tossing Espeon and Charizard out to join the fray as more Grunts poured in. “I think that I didn’t figure out I loved you until after you were gone. Cliché, I know…”
“You’re not the clichéd type.” Lance said dryly, ordering Dragonair to brew up a storm with Rain Dance. “So you love me?”
“Yes. But I’m not sure if you still love me, after what I did, and if you don’t I’d understand…” Red said hesitantly.
“I can’t say I’m not angry,” She said, as Dragonair’s Ice Beam froze two Cacturne solid, “But I love you too much. This however, does not mean you are off the hook. If I catch you wandering, I’ll punish you.”

“Yay!” Red grinned, before he hugged Lance. Charizard rolled his eyes, before he Wing Attacked a Linoone that was getting too close.
“Red, we’re kind of in a battle here.” She said, but then she kissed the younger boy, betraying her harsh words. Dragonair knocked out the Pelipper with a Thunder, glancing around.
The coast was clear!

< Ah, let them be. > Espeon said, flicking her tail. < I think I can manage to teleport us all back, if the rest of you return to your balls. >
Got it
They appeared back in Indigo Plateau, and Red blinked his eyes open to find out they had somehow ended up on Lance’s bed. Not that he was complaining though…
She did not seem about to jump his bones, though.
He would have been shocked if she did. Sex did not fix anything!

“Do you promise never to leave again?” Lance asked, very seriously.
Red was a bit dazed from the kiss, but he managed to nod.
She smiled, and it was sad. “Because I’m not sure that I can stand it if you leave again. If you are planning to, we should stop now.”
The implication was pretty obvious.

“I understand.” He murmured. Lance was strong, but her feelings could be hurt too, and Red knew it would take time for her to mend.
Besides, it was his fault.
It didn’t matter. He had broken her heart, so now he had to stay and support her while she healed! That was the right thing to do, and as Lance kissed him, he discovered that he was truly happy here, and he did belong with the Dragon Master.
Maybe, if things worked out, they could get married soon…
And he would never, ever leave her again.

End Fic
Completed 2/5/07
Edited 6/21/09
Lance: Happy ending?
Phantomness: Yes, I’m a sap!
Red: ^^

Converting /tmp/phpBLAtm7 to /dev/stdout