Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Sage is to Cilan ❯ Pansage no Game! ( One-Shot )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
It was a normal day as Ash and company walked their path while continuing to enjoy what the Unova country had to offer. Iris was talking about something but Ash was more concerned with anything other than her subject matter. Cilan was usually the more attentive one, but he hadn't been completely himself as of late. The budding dragon master's chatter was floating over him as he had more conflicting things on his mind.

Somehow, Ash was more on his mind in a different way. The interest he had in Ash started as admiration! He could pull a win out of thin air because he and his Pok?mon team were just that determined to do it! It moved on to genuine friendship. He enjoyed being around Ash no matter how immature he acted, which wasn't bad for someone Ash's age. It felt like it evolved for there which was something he didn't even think about happening. He just enjoyed being around Ash. He enjoyed cooking for him, and giving him a little more food. Of course, when Iris complained about it Cilan told her he needed the energy for his gym battles. That didn't explain why he was still doing it now, but no one was asking any question so there was no need for answers. He enjoyed Ash's clueless bantering when he was talking about anything other than Pok?mon. It was cute how naive he was for his age.

He didn't like how Iris insulted him at every turn, but he also enjoyed how Ash developed having more push against her when she made fun of him. He would catch himself just staring at Ash - like he was now so he mindfully looked away to the road ahead. The Kanto boy was just making him feel warmer inside, in a similar way his brother's did. This warmth was the same, but so different he didn't understand it. He couldn't explain the sudden happiness he felt when Ash spoke directly to him. The rush he felt when he and Ash made any kind of contact was making his head spin in trying to understand why he felt that way. In the rare event they were alone with each other and something serious wasn't going on he fought the urge to be more outwardly affectionate to him. Just the thought of the feel of that soft mocha skin--

"Hey, Cilan. What's wrong? Why is your face all red?" Ash asked as the stopped to pay attention to the team cook. "Oh, no! It's nothing!" he answered waving his hands defensibly. "Are you sure? Your face just got red so suddenly," Ash continued getting closer to him. "No, no! I-I'm fine!" he said freezing as Ash got closer. Pansage took this as a perfect moment to release itself from it's pokeball and take to it's master's shoulder. "Pan Pansage," it said in a concerned tone. Cilan then huffed in annoyance. "I'm fine." He crossed his arms as he was allowed to force on Pansage being there to help calm him down. "Well, ok," Ash said backing off and they resumed walking.

Pansage jumped off Cilan's shoulder and next to Pikachu who was walking on the ground next to Ash's feet. Pikachu greeted Cilan's main Pok?mon partner kindly and they walked along side each other. "It's great that Pikachu and Pansage are becoming such close friends!" Ash said cheerful and Pikachu "Pika!" in agreement. "Whatever's happening to me is happening to Pansage, and Pikachu may be just as clueless," Cilan thought as he watched them walk together. "What do you think, Cilan? Isn't it awesome that they're such great pals?" The taller trainer snapped his attention to Ash. "Oh, yes! It's so nice that they get along so well! They blend together nicely!" That made Cilan glance back down to Pansage with a nervous smile, but the expression on Pansage's face had an effect on him like Scary Face had an effect on other Pok?mon. Pansage meant for Cilan to see that sly smirk and even showed a little teeth to help get the point across. Cilan just gulped he faced forward again. "Pika?" Pikachu noticed Cilan’s nervousness, but didn't see Pansage's face. The grass monkey just turned back to the yellow Pok?mon and cheerfully "Pansage!" Axew finally poked it's head from it's trainer's her and eyed both of them curiously for a moment then went back in. "Pika..." Ash's Pok?mon muttered to itself, suddenly feeling very awkward.

As the day came to a close and it was time to eat dinner, Cilan blushed laughed at the thought of Ash's praises that came with every meal. He trained his Pok?mon as he waited while Iris was off picking berries. He broke away from his thoughts and his stirring when he looked over to see his grass monkey sitting next to the food prep area looking at him in boredom. The monkey's legs were crossed with one arm in it's lap and the other arm under it's chin. "W-What's wrong, Pansage?" he asked nervously and picked up on stirring again. "Pansage panpansage," it said. "What?" It pointed in Ash's direction, made a very graphic gesture that made Cilan wonder how and why his own Pok?mon knew it, and pointed to him. Cilan scattered for words as his face turned pale. "Pansage!" the Pok?mon said annoyed. "That is so improper, and in very bitter and poor taste!" he complained trying to change the subject. "PANSAGE!" the Pok?mon yelled enough for Ash and his team to stop what they were doing to look over to them. "Cilan? Pansage? Is everything ok over there?" Ash called over to them. "Yeah, everything's fine! Sorry about that!" Cilan called over. Pansage huffed audible, and Cilan went back to his cooking duties. "Pansage Pansage sage." Cilan paused for a moment to look at Pansage with clear hurt in his eyes even thought the rest of his face looked ticked off. "Pansage-sage," Pansage said looking more determined than anger and it's new posture implied that it was just trying to show it cared. "I'm sorry, Pansage," he said putting the groups food on plates. "I'm just not as brave as you are."

Everyone gathered around to eat as Ash cheered for Cilan's great cook. The chef felt his soul do back flips and he wasn't even aware the female of the group had said something. It was an insult which Ash chose to ignore to continue smiling at Cilan. Cilan's soul reached out and glomped Ash while his body just sat there with a please smile and thank Ash for the kind words. Ash looked behind him to see Pansage and Pikachu eating beside each other and they seemed to be enjoying each other's company by how they were conversing with each other. "That is just too cool! Pansage and Pikachu might make a good battle team with how close they are these days!" Ash said smiling to them, then turned to Cilan. "Oh, yes! That would be quite a zesty combination," Cilan said as calmly as he could. He looked at Pansage but looked away as soon as they made eye contact.

When they were all ready for bed Cilan reluctantly walked over to the lone grass money with it's pokeball in hand. "Pansage..." The Pok?mon turned to him "...return," he said and as he predicted Pansage disobeyed and jumped out of the way of the pokeball's return beam. "Ok..." He gave up guessing that Pansage had some plans to put into play, and being in a pokeball just wouldn't do. "Pansage Pansage," it said in a soft tone, and not looking aggressive about it at all. The Pok?mon actually put a smile on and patted it's chest proudly. "Pan Pansage." Cilan looked at the Pok?mon in unnerved fear. "Surely you're not saying--" "Cilan, what are you doing?" Ash called over as he got into his sleeping bag. "N-Nothing," he replied as he and Pansage when to the others. Cilan yawned and got into his sleeping bag as Pansage took position in a tree closer to Ash, but more importantly, closer to Pikachu.

When they woke up the next morning Pikachu and Pansage were side by side crawled up on the ground. Ash smiled proudly, and Cilan smiled on the outside. On the inside he was having a panic attack and wanted to scream at Pansage, but why? What was the grass Pok?mon doing that was wrong? Maybe it wasn't so much as being wrong as much as how bold Pansage was being about it, and how it was totally showing up it's training in being brave and direct. At breakfast, Pansage took a new level very much to Cilan’s dismay, leading to more inner shame. Pignite and Osh were fighting over food again, but only Cilan saw how Pansage took this opportunity of everyone being distracted by the fighting to move the electric Pok?mon’s food bowl closer to it's. Of course Pikachu actively stepped in first, but it looked like they were angrier than usual. Pansage stepped in offering the 2 some of it's leaves. It got to know these 2 well enough to know that a lot of things concerned either getting attention or getting something in their mouths, so they gladly took the offerings. They calmed down noticeable and went back to eating as if nothing happened. Pikachu just looked in awe for a moment and turned to the taller Pok?mon and cheered thanks to it. Pansage nonchalantly accepted the praise and resumed eating as did everyone else. Pikachu sat back down and paused for a moment. It looked up to Pansage and smiled then pushed it's food bowl closer together which made them touch and continued eating closer to Pansage. As cool as Pansage tried to play it, the long smile was something it couldn't contain. Some of the other Pok?mon just stared at them for a moment as they ate.

Cilan just looked at Pansage in silent shock. The Pok?mon was actually doing it! It couldn't predict that Pikachu would willing move it's bowl, but it has pleased Pikachu enough to make it want to be closer to Pansage on it's own! Cilan looked down at the ground until Ash hugged him tight. "I'm so happy! We should train together! They'll be a great team!" he exclaimed. Cilan put his hands on Ash's back and a light blush crossed his face. Some of the other Pok?mon and Iris looked at Cilan and Ash, to Pan and Pika, then to each other. "Well..." Iris said, not really wanting to admit she becoming a 3rd wheel. Cilan's heart was beating so hard and fast he was worried if Ash would feel it.

After they were full and got dressed, Cilan accommodated Ash on his request for some training. It would help get his mind off "other things", at least. At first they battled against each other to see what they could read about their Pok?mon’s moves and how they could get them to work together. Pikachu was usually more easily put together with a flying Pok?mon so this would be a big readjustment. They made it work much to both their surprise. After that, they continued on the road.

Pansage mindfully stayed close to the yellow Kanto Pok?mon and it seemed to reciprocate. Cilan deeply inhaled and started moving closer to the Kanto boy. Ash glanced over when he noticed that to connoisseur was inching up next to him, and light smiled and said nothing. He liked how Cilan always remained neat and smelling good, so it wasn’t like it was hurting Ash to have whatever that good scent Cilan had on him closer to him. Things were perfect, and they would have been more perfect if you could have lasted for a longer period of time. However, the female of the group that was walking ahead of them suddenly disappeared out of view into a covered hole.

“Ah! Iris!” Ash and Cilan both rushed over to the hole when “Head over that Pikachu!” came out of nowhere and a loud bang sounds off. “Opps. Wrong rocket,” followed and Ash was sent flying by something from the blast. “Ash!” Cilan yelled with Pansage near panic. ”PicPikachu?” the poor yellow Pok?mon ran to it’s unconscious owner’s side and started rubbing on his chest. “Pika! Pikachu!” The little Pok?mon continued to try it’s best to shake Ash awake, but to no avail. “Pansage!” sounded off as a metal claw went flying towards Pikachu. Pansage raced to get in front of the claw and made it right in front of Pikachu to punch it out of capturing aim. “PANSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE! PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!” the green money yelled but in a different voice. It’s light slight raspy voice became deeper, more raspy, and developed more of an dragging accept. Cilan watched as Pansage morphed and molded into Simisage without any lose of rage.

“SIMISAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!” the larger Pok?mon roared to the now visible Team Rocket members. Pikachu finally turned to see the back of the evolved Pansage toweling over it. It’s eyes went wide as it’s ears and mouth dropped in shock. “Pansagec” Cilan whispered before turning to Team Rocket with a sharp glare. “That’s it. We’ve both had enough of you 3,” he hissed to the team. “We actually didn’t mean to do that,” James started to explain, being as apologetic as he could be given the situation. They were staring down the throats of a very upset large money and a trainer that looked like he would just as soon stab them in their necks as he would cut some food on his prep table. Cilan’s eyes turned dark and his hands were turning white from how tightly he was holding his fists. “Simisagec” he sounds in a called low growl. Simisage looked over to him with rage in it’s eye. The connoisseur smirked and evilly commanded “Do what you will with them.” Simisage was just was as surprised as Jesse James and Mewth were by the “fire at will” command. Simisage wildly grinned and spoke it’s name in a way that could easily be translated into “I’m about to fuck you.”

“I think we better get outta here!” Mewth said stepping back. “Why? We can just catch this Pok?mon for the boss,” Jesse said pulling out the pokeball that contained Wobat. “Jesse, you don’t want to know what he’s gonna do to us if he gets his hands on us,” Mewth said with a very terrified look. Simisage was muttering something in Pok?mon language that was visibly scaring both Mewth. Simisage picked up it’s pace as it got closer to Team Rocket. By the time they got the sense to take Mewth’s advice it was too late for Jesse. Simisage grabbed her arm, sling her around a few times and through her straight into James’s back.

Mewth turned to see his human team mates lay out but didn’t suffer confliction about running back for them. “You stay away or I’ll rip your fuckin’ face off!” he yelled getting ready to make hard fury swipes. Simisage backhand Mewth out of the way as easily as a leaf drifting in the air. “Ahc Mewth,” the male human said as he started to stir. Simisage was already over them when they both begin to get their minds back in order, making it far to late for them. It picked up Jesse by her hair and snorted hot air in her face. “Heyc Stop!” she cried out. “Stop? The fun hasn’t started yet,” Cilan said at a good distance away. Bullet seeds quickly pounded the lady in the face until she pasted out. Simisage took hold of her bloody bashed and bruised face and through her limp body in some near by bushes. James watched the Pok?mon make it’s new fingers pop as both hands balled up into fists and then was punched repeatedly in the face, stomach and where ever Simisage felt like hitting him until he passed out from the pain.

Simisage playfully shook the villain’s blood of it’s hands and walked back over to it’s pleased trainer. Ash was still out of it and Pikachu put it’s head on Ash’s chest having missed the whole scene. Iris finally figured out how to get out of the hole and she and Axew were in terror of what they saw become of Team Rocket. “Come on!” Cilan yelled as he and his Pok?mon ran past Iris and the team to the nearest town and the nearest hospital. Ash and Pikachu were in the Pok?mon’s arms as Cilan help the map so they could go straight to where they needed to be.

Pikachu stayed at Ash’s side in the hospital bed with him. The poor boy head bandages around his head, and was still knocked out. According to the doctors he had a concussion, but the rest of him was ok. Cilan and Simisage could only sit worried in the waiting room for 2 hours until they were notified it was ok to come in. Cilan and his partner slowly walked into the small hospital room and sit next to them. Cilan took Ash’s limp hand and smiled at how warm it was. Simisage put his head down next to the entranced Pikachu, awaiting it’s master to awaken.

When Ash slowly began to open his eyes Cilan moved closer to his face while still holding his hand. Pikachu picked it’s head up and smiled. It jumped up and hoped on Ash’s chest. “Pika! Pikachu!” it exclaimed. “Pikacchu? What happened?” he asked weakly. “Team Rocket happened, but we won’t to worry about them anymore,” Cilan said smiling. “Team Rocketc? Where are we?” “We’re in the hospital. Team Rocket launched a rocket at you and it didn’t directly hit you but the landing blast knocked you unconscious,” Cilan explained with a frowning. “Oh, that’s strange,” he said and started to sit himself up. “Don’t move so much just yet, Ash.” “It’s ok. I’m ok. I’m glad you’re here, Cilan,” Ash said as he leaned towards the older boy. Cilan didn’t hold himself back from hugging Ash, and the bedded one gladly returned the hug as best he could. “I love you, Ash,” came out without Cilan even knowing it. “You love me?” was the part he did hear coming from Ash, however. “Hmm?” Cilan moved a little to see Ash’s surprised face, and his own face turned red as a reaction. “Cilan?” “Ash, I – I umm,” but whatever the connoisseur was about to come up with was cut off by a kiss on the cheek by his love. Ash pulled away with reddened cheeks and a big smile that pushed his eyes closed. Cilan looked down and swallowed before leaning in and giving ash a direct kiss on the lips. Ash leaned into the kiss comfortably and closed his eyes.

All Pikachu could do was watch everything unfold and blushed when they started kissing. “Saaaaageee,” purred from behind the bedded trainer’s Pok?mon. Pikachu turned to be in the face of a smirking Simisage that cocked an eyebrow, and then shook both of the white brushes. “Pickac” Pikachu shyly looked upward to the ceiling blushing and scratching it’s cheek. Simisage faked a stretch and put an arm around the rodent and pulled it closer. Pikachu didn’t resist, either. It just acted shyer as it was pulled closer and ended up in Simisage’s lap. It balled up with it’s hands over it’s eyes and it’s face was completely red now. It heard Ash giggle and it didn’t even want to know if it was because of what it and Simi were doing or it was Simi’s trainer doing something. “Simisage, how about we have some private?” came from Cilan. Ash’s blush deepened and Pikachu went to the next step on nose bleeding. ‘Sage swiftly picked Pikachu up and headed out via window. “Ummc Cilanc” was all the younger trainer could get out before the gym leader had his gentle and gentlemanly-like way with him.

Outside, Simisage had to draw Pikachu out of it’s ball. The yellow one didn’t leave it’s lap, but it was also still too shy to un-ball and now extra embarrassed by the nosebleed. Simisage started to rub the back of Pikachu’s head and neck softly. It cooed as Pikachu started to slowly un-ball, to the point where the blood could be seen. Simisage lightly licked the blood from the smaller one’s face and it felt more comfortable with that. ‘Sage crossed one leg over the other and they openly cuddled in the tree next to Ash’s window.

“The relationship between people and Pok?mon is complex. You can’t always make a proper evaluation judging by the manual.”