Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ When Hearts Are Aglow ❯ The Game ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Pokémon. Pokémon and all of its characters belong to Satoshi Tajiri and Nintendo.
 
 
 
Chapter 2: The Game
 
Misty wasn't feeling too good after having a little argument with Ash one hour ago, and wanted to see if somehow she could apologize. So she thought she could spend a nice evening with him if she invited him to go out.
 
“Hey, Ash... since we have no scheduled battles for today, would you like to go to the cinema?”
“What for? You don't need me, remember?”
She curled her lips. “...Ok, I'm sorry. You were right. I can't stand lying, anyway... It's true that I need you, you're my best friend. Forgive me... please?”
He hesitated just to bother her a little before answering. “...Of course, Misty. I accept your apology.”
“Thank you. Are you coming then?”
“Yeah, I'd love to. What do you wanna see?”
“I don't know, it's the same. You choose.”
“Um, well... what about Hidden feelings?”
Hidden feelings? And since when do you like romantic films?”
“Well, I don't. But I know you do. And I think it will be a good movie.” Of course Ash didn't like love stories, but he knew Misty would, and as long as she was happy he wouldn't mind.
“Ok, just give me some minutes to get ready.”
“Alright.”
 
Ten minutes later, Ash was waiting for Misty when he saw her going downstairs. She was wearing a long pink skirt, with a white T-shirt, both clothes skintight, and her hair was down. Ash looked at her astonished.
 
“Well, are you ready?”
“Uh? Oh! Yeah. Are you?”
“Sure, I'll call for a taxi.”
“Ok... And, Misty?” He still stared at her.
“What?”
“You look... pretty good.”
“...Oh, thank you very much, Ash. You're really sweet.
 
She tried to hide her blush as she went to make the phone call.
The taxi arrived faster than they had expected, and Ash rushed to open the door, but didn't get in. He spoke to Misty with a playful smile.
 
“You go first, Milady.”
“Oh, thanks, Milord.” What a gentleman, she thought.
 
When they arrived, Ash paid for the travel and the tickets. Misty could do nothing but keep smiling at him. Soon they got into the theatre and Ash looked for the perfect place to sit. He had already thought of everything, and Misty had no idea what she'd got herself into with a simple invitation to the movies.
 
“What about there, Misty?”
“Sure, it might have a good sight.”
“Ok, come on.” He quickly took a hold of her hand and ran hoping they get there before anyone else.
 
When they sat on the armchairs, Misty, who was at Ash's right, could notice that they were behind a teen couple. Just then the advertisements, that always seem to last an eternity, started to be seen on screen.
 
“Oh, not this again! Why do we always have to wait so much for what we come to see?” Actually, Ash's complaint was false, since everything was going perfectly according to his plan.
“Well Ash, it's just for some minutes.”
“I've got an idea! Let's play something.”
“You wanna play now? There's nothing to do here.”
“Why not? Just let me think...” he said, but he didn't really have to think it at all. “Oh, I know!”
“What? Twister? Or hide and seek?”
He rolled his eyes. “No, I'm serious.” He leaned to her ear to whisper. “Why don't we choose someone to imitate? Just like a competition game. Each of us chooses a person to imitate, and then we'll see who does it better. The loser then gives a prize to the winner, whatever they want... What do you say?”
She glared at him. “I say you must be kidding.”
“Oh, come on, Misty. Please? I'm so bored.”
She heaved a sigh. “...Fine, Ash.”
“Great! I'll imitate...” His glance wandered around the place. “That child over there. And you?”
“... His mother, who's yelling at him right now.”
“Well... I didn't do it, mom!” he said as an annoying kid. “You have to believe me!”
Despite thinking it was rather silly, Misty followed his game. “But I've just seen you! You already earned a punishment, kid!”
“No, I didn't stick the gum on the girl's hair! It was the other boy! I swear!” They chuckled.
“Shut up, you disrespectful little demon! Everybody's watching you cry as a baby! We're going home!”
“No, please, let me stay for the movie!”
They were having fun, until Misty felt the need to interrupt the lively exchange of words. “...Ash!”
“No, mom. I won't go outs-”
“Ash, shut up!” She had a worried expression.
“What?!”
“Everybody is looking at us! Even the real mom and kid... Say something!”
Ash realized some people were looking at them and he coughed out a nervous laugh. “Oh! Er, I'm sorry, Mrs. We didn't want to call the attention, or...”
“Or offend you!” Misty finished.
“That's right.” They both nodded.
 
The woman accepted their apology and sat down. Both Ash and Misty sighed in relief.
 
“Oh, my Gosh! We might look so ridiculous,” Misty said.
“Yeah... and we don't even know who won the game.”
“I did! Because I discovered that they were looking at us, and of course, I'm an excellent actress.”
“Yes, sure... Well, the movie hasn't started yet, so let's play once more.” He had to make her agree to one more round, since the first one was only a warm up for what was to come.
“And we'll be the make me laugh again.”
“We won't if we change the characters.”
“But we have to choose someone who's not yelling or shouting.”
“I propose those two,” he said, pointing at the pair below them.
“But, Ash. They're probably a couple.”
“They don't really look like a couple to me,” he lied. “I didn't see them hugging or anything. Maybe they are just good friends, like you and I.”
“…I don't know.”
 
Suddenly a voice was heard in all the theatre. Barner Brothers Pictures, presents...
 
“Misty, the movie's starting. Just say you'll play and I won't bother anymore. Alright?”
“...Oh, alright Ash.” She couldn't help but wonder what he was up to.
“Great!”
 
As the movie was playing Ash and Misty payed attention to both the screen and the couple at the same time. There were moments where they only watched fully entertained, but there were others where...
 
“Misty, look!” He whispered to her. The boy below them made a slow movement that didn't go unnoticed by Ash.
“Yeah, I know.”
“Ok, I won't lose this one...”
 
At first, he just took a hold of her hand, and that was fine with Misty. But then, things became more intense. Slowly, he started to put his arm around her back, slightly touching her hair. All was exactly as those two people, or better. Misty just let him go ahead, thinking that maybe that would be her only opportunity to be so close to him.
 
“This is getting so weird...” She said in a low voice.
“Yes, isn't it? But anyway I wanna keep on playing so that I can claim my prize later.”
“It's fine, I'm just saying that it isn't what I expected.”
“Look, they're moving again...”
 
Misty felt she was in Heaven when Ash pulled her head to his chest, and started to get lost in his warmth. From that moment, the voices of the characters of the movie were only background music to her. And since she had no choice, she also embraced him and raised up her face to look right into his eyes. Just then, they both forgot about the imitating game, and continued their own way. Ash couldn't believe what he was seeing. Misty was so close to him, anybody else there could swear they were about to kiss. She slowly closed her eyes and wished he kissed her, and Ash knew what her gesture meant. He put one hand on her face, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, and then the same hand began to move down, barely touching her cheek, ending with his fingers on her warm lips. She seemed to like the contact, and suddenly kissed in a very sweet way each and every one of Ash's fingers. Then she held strongly his hand with hers and took it to her heart. Ash was completely red and surprised by her behaviour, but she couldn't notice it because of the darkness. He had no doubt that this was his opportunity. He'd thought this could be his chance to try to kiss her, because he'd planned that game on purpose. But he never imagined it would end up this way. Nevertheless, yet with his hand on her heart, he moved to make those two centimeters of distance disappear. Misty was looking at him a playful, big smile. She closed her eyes again when she saw Ash willing to kiss her. The butterflies inside were eating them alive. Ok, it's now or never, he thought. Then he separated a little his lips to give his true love their very first kiss, and leaned over her.