Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Zafar ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ah, I love dreams… one inspired this fic!
Disclaimer: Pokemon belongs to Nintendo and Shogakukan Comics. This non-profit, non-copyright infringing fanfiction belongs to me under international copyright law, and taking it is plagiarism! Aight, enough said.
Notes: <> for telepathy, ** for thoughts, italics if a pokémon talks!
Chapter 4
 
“It's not fair at all…”
“Life isn't fair, Red. Surely we both know that. Sleep now.”
“But I can't!”
Lance looked up from their campfire. He offered Red a sip of water from his canteen, and Red accepted.
It wasn't fair….
They pokemon were lost, and they were going to die… they were… even if he were Champion, what could he do?
He hated this feeling of helplessness.
 
Lance closed his eyes and began unfastening the cords on his cloak. “I'm going to take a bath.”
Red nodded, not looking up from his bowl of canned soup. “Mm.”
He ate it mechanically, not tasting it. Oh dear Lugia… what… would all the pokemon go extinct now?
He shuddered.
 
< Father… >
< Ah, Child… I've missed you. >
< Am I moving too quickly? >
< I daresay not. Fate is fate, after all. Have your wounds healed? >
< Yes, although I still cannot feel… >
< Shh, it will heal in time, and if the pain becomes unbearable, you still have one chance. >
< Hai. >
< Take care, child… >
 
“EEK!”
“Red, why are you screaming like a little girl?” Lance asked, as he dashed out of the bushes with a towel around his waist.
Red pointed at the Cubone that had just approached their camp. Lance sighed, whistling, as his Aerodactyl flew down from a tree and began battling the Cubone…
Red suddenly realized what he had just done, and turned to Lance to apologize - and wound up gaping instead.
“That's a cool tattoo….”
 
Scrawled across Lance's chest was a sword, thin, outlined in red and blue and silver. Lance sweatdropped.
This wasn't a tattoo!
Still, it would keep Red from asking questions, hopefully…
Red finally tore his eyes away from Lance's chest, realizing how inappropriate that was. * Oops. *
“Are you all right now?”
“Eh… sorry about that…”
“Not your fault. After all, the Cubone are hardly nice pokemon right now. I'm going to finish my wash.” Lance disappeared into the bushes again as Red sighed.
I do not have any weird feelings for him. I don't!
 
The next day, he flew back to Oak's alone, and reported his findings. Oak was startled, and remarked something about how this was the fault of the Elite Four.
Red bit his tongue to keep from screaming at how unfair it was, and that it wasn't their fault! Besides, they had suffered….
 
“He fell for it?”
“You're not the only actor in the family, my dear cousin.”
Lorelei smirked. “I know. But it was so easy… of course, the implants worked, but amnesia, ah, that's useful. Pretend not to remember and they can't blame you.”
“Indeed.”
“I'm heading off to the Sevii Islands.”
“I'll see you then, little cousin.”
“Mm.” Lorelei laughed. “I'm older than you are!”
“So?”
“I'll take care of Agatha, don't worry. See you!” Lorelei released her Dewgong and surfed off as Lance waved.
They had a year… and this time, he wouldn't use the badges…
He had the Sacred Sword after all…
Until then, he would bide his time…
 
Eleven months + 18 days later…
 
“I…”
“Shh.”
“I trusted you…”
“My feelings for you were never a lie. But you cannot stop me.”
“Lance, why? Why must you cause this destruction?”
“Because it is time.” Lance whispered. “And I will not be the one who brings earth full circle.”
Cerise Island. Red and Lance had gone there a few weeks ago, to get away from the screaming crowds who followed Red like the plague. Champion had its downsides after all…
Now though…
Red stared at the giant bird overhead with a feeling of foreboding. It hadn't done anything yet, but!
“Lance… please… what are you going to do?”
“I won't fight you.”
“You… I can't beat you, but I don't want you to destroy Kanto! Even if - even if all the pokemon are dying, we shouldn't-!”
“Who said I would destroy Kanto?” Lance's smile was predatory. “Step back.”
“I won't let you summon Lugia!”
“Ah, that is where you are wrong…” Lance closed his eyes. “I believe you'll do the job nicely.”
Red gasped as Lance drew a line down his chest from chin to navel, before he fell… and the skin split revealing the sword, the sword tattoo - apparently it wasn't really just ink on skin!
A thin rapier tumbled from the lifeless corpse. As he hesitantly picked it up, anger began to boil in his veins… one more sacrifice to the humans…
Black-edged gold swept around him, talons… golden eyes opened in a challenge with a scream of rage as he lifted the Sacred Sword…
Lugia nodded to Destiny, and the destruction waves spread outwards…
 
< I really loved you. >
< I know you did. That's why I trusted you to do the right thing. >
< It hurts… >
< I'm sorry. >
< Kiss me and make it better? >
< Of course. >
 
End chapter
Completed 6/23/05
Darkfic! Yay! Eh… I'm bored. *Phantomness runs off*