Pretear Fan Fiction ❯ One and Only ❯ One and only ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

One and Only

 

Author's note: I just got finished watching this wonderful anime, and now I'm writing a fanfic! Because, if you're reading this, you know that I love writing fanfics for all of my favorite anime. Let's get it going!

*walks out and friend walks in*

 

 

Mary: okay, I'm adding this in with out her knowing it, but I'm putting her fanfiction up , b/c she can't , her parents are very strict when it comes the computer, so I'm doing it for her! Just to let you know, so review and tell us what you think! *walks out*

 

 

Chapter 1

 

Himeno Awayuki furrowed her brow and closed her fists tightly, focusing all of her energy. She felt every ounce of power fill her upper body and her fists tightened. When her power was at its full, her eyes snapped open, keenly focused.

"Hiiiiiiieeeeyaaaaa!" she cried, swiftly lifting up her hand and bringing it down on the tower of bricks before her. To her great satisfaction, all of them broke under the force of her hand. She slowly allowed the power to flow back to the rest of her body, calmly closing her eyes and beginning to slowly relax.

After regaining complete control, she opened her eyes and gazed happily down at the carnage that her fist had left.

"Your karate has gotten better," came a voice behind her. She turned around to see who was speaking. Kei smiled at her, and she gasped, a smile coming to her own lips.

"Kei!" she cried. She ran over to him and threw her arms around his neck, laughing. He hugged her back. She stopped laughing, and her smile disappeared. Something wasn't right. She let go of him and stepped back with a concerned look on her face. As she thought, his expression was strained.

"Kei, what's the matter? I haven't seen you in six months, and you suddenly appear out of nowhere. What's going on?"

Kei's forced smile dropped and he looked at her intensely. "The Leafe Knights need you again, Pretear."

 

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

 

Hayate paced back and forth, his hands clasped tightly behind his back. His eyebrows seemed to go lower and lower on his forehead, and sweat lined his brow. He immediately stopped pacing and turned on his heal to face the rest of the knights, who were huddled together, watching him in silence.

"Good sweet Lord, where is she?" he demanded, looking at all of them with fire in his eyes.

"Calm down, Hayate," Sasame said, looking at him with that same calm look in his eyes. "She'll be here."

"Yeah, we all know you have the hots for her and everything, but you don't have to be all freaky about it," Mannen put in, crossing his arms and huffing. When Hayate's look intensified, the boy backed down, thinking that the older man would surly blow his head off for his comment.

But Hayate merely turned towards the direction Himeno should have been coming from, muttering to himself, "Kids." The scowl on his face faded into a melancholy expression. He sighed. "It's been six months. What will she think now?"

"There they are!" the small voice of Shin's came, and everyone turned to look at where he was pointing. It was in the opposite direction Hayate was looking. All eyes landed on two small dots way in the distance… in the sky. Kei flew swiftly towards the group, holding Himeno in his arms tightly.

Hayate's jaw clenched when he saw this, but he remained quiet. Instead, he watched on, anticipating their landing. When Kei neared, Hayate stepped out from the group, eyes on Himeno. The two landed, and not a second later, Hayate was approaching quickly.

"Where were you two?" he asked forcefully in his usual way. Kei looked at him with unemotional eyes.

"We got lost," he replied. "You remember Himeno's sense of direction."

Hayate had just turned to look at the mentioned girl when he felt an object thrown against him. Himeno's arms wrapped around his neck and she hugged him tightly.

"Oh, Hayate!" she laughed. "You haven't changed a bit! I can't believe it's been six months!"

Flustered, Hayate looked down at Himeno, not knowing what to do. After a while, he got over the shock, and realized how wonderful it felt to have her in his arms. The warmth of her body was missed so much, and he felt his heart melting at her touch.

His arms were closing around her, when he realized that all he was hugging was air. Confused, he looked over his shoulder towards the other knights, finding her doing the same thing to them. A sweat drop appeared by the side of his head and he fell over.

 

 

"So what's the situation?" Himeno asked. She had just finished giving her greetings to the Leafe Knights, and was now in complete business mode.

However serious she was, though, she still felt that keen awareness of Hayate's presence. When she had hugged him, she felt the same jump in her heart she did six months ago. It hurt when she didn't feel his arms around her, too, and she decided to go on to the other knights before it became uncomfortable. Maybe he had moved on in those six months.

Despite how painful this thought was, she knew she had to focus on the mission.

"We're not so sure, but there have been rumors of sightings of demon larvae," answered Sasame. "That could very well mean that there is another Princess of Disaster." His brow furrowed and he folded his arms over his chest. "But the problem is…"

"Only Pretears can become a Princess of Disaster," Himeno finished for him. He answered with a nod. "And Takako…?"

"And I have been married for three months," Sasame said with a smile. "She's not turning evil any time soon."

Himeno smiled and laughed nervously, embarrassed at her silly remark. "Well, congratulations!" Suddenly, she stopped laughing when a thought hit her. She scowled at Sasame. "And I wasn't invited to the wedding?"

Sasame looked flustered and started stuttering. "Well… uh, you see Himeno… the ceremony was… um, well we could only…"

He cleared his throat and regained his composure. "Um, forget about that right now. The thing we're to be focusing on is the mission at hand."

"Of course," Himeno answered, sighing. She closed her eyes briefly, trying to regain her thoughts. She reopened them and stole a glance at Hayate. He was looking at her, too. She blushed and looked back at Sasame, trying to organize her thoughts.

"Uh… Sasame?" she said nervously.

"Yes, Himeno?" he replied.

"Do you think it would be alright if I had a day to adjust to it? I'm going to need all the information you guys have, but I'm going to need it slowly so I won't be overwhelmed… like last time, if you catch my drift."

"Understood," Sasame said with a short nod. "In the meantime…" he looked at her with a small smile. "I think we all need to catch up on things. Wouldn't you say?"

 

 

"Tea, miss?"

Himeno looked up from her conversation with the knights and found her maid with a tray of tea and food. Immediately her eyes lit up and said, "Oh yeah! You bet!"

Hayate cleared his throat and said properly, "That's `Yes, please,' you idiot."

Himeno fumed. "Why'd you call me an idiot?"

"Because you're an idiot, you idiot," he retorted. "If you're an idiot, I'll call you an idiot. That's how things go."

Himeno's fists balled up and she closed her eyes, a false smile on her face, her eyebrows twitching in aggravation. "If I'm an idiot, and you're going to call me that, then I guess the term I could use for you is a son of a-"

"Himeno?" came a small voice, interrupting the girl. She looked down to see Shin tugging at her shirt. Her heart swelled as she looked at the cute little kid.

"Yes, Shin?" she said, picking the boy up and putting him on her lap.

"Can I have a cookie?" he asked, eyeing the tray of food. She laughed and reached over, grabbed one, and gave it to the small child. He immediately began to munch on it with a smile.

"So what have you guys been up to lately?" Himeno asked, focusing her attention on the rest of the knights.

"Not much, really," Go said with a shrug. "There hasn't been anything since recently. We've mainly stayed in Lithuania. Since we're Leafe Knights, we don't age, so the kids don't go to school. So we've been living life calmly."

"I'm glad," Himeno responded with a gentle smile. But her smile faded when her thoughts turned to the new developments. She wrapped her arms around Shin, who was still on her lap, and hugged him, thinking about the danger that was coming. The Leafe Knights saw the look on her face and knew what it meant.

"Aw, don't worry yourself to a sweat, Himeno," Go said with a cheerful smile. "We'll get out of this one easy. Don't worry about it."

She forced a smile, but couldn't stop thinking about it. Six months ago, they were lucky to all make it out alive, especially her. This time… could they really rely on luck to bring them out?

"Hey, guys?" she said, looking up at the group of knights she had come to know and love. "I hate to do this, but it's getting late, and I've got school in the morning."

"No problem, Himeno," Go said with a thumbs-up. "We'll come back tomorrow, okay?"

"That sounds good," Himeno said with a smile. She put Shin back on the ground and stood up, as wells as the knights. She walked them to the front door and bid them farewell. As she closed the door behind her, she pressed her back against the door, sighing to herself.

"What am I gonna do?"