Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Forget ❯ Forget ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
=D Herro! Tis Lingling once again… I hope you like my one-shot. I just needed to take a short break from my other story ‘Male or Female’. I’ve been thinking about the other chapter and it’s really busting my brain… X3 Well, here’s my new one-shot, ‘Forget’.

Takeshi Momoshiro/Kagome Higurashi

*~*

Forget

A little girl was sitting on the swings all alone. No one would play with her since she was an orphan. They considered her another species, yet she was the same. Her black hair was up to he shoulders and her large blue eyes just stared at the other children. The parents of the other children always told their kids to stay way from the little girl. They considered her a bastard child.

She sighed as her little heart was hurt from how others treated her. She sighed again and started to walk away from there. Seeing as she wanted to get home early, she went into an ally way.

She was walking there until she heard the sad whimpers of a puppy and the cruel laughs of humans. Deciding that she couldn’t leave the poor creature alone, she headed over the direction of the noise. There, it was revealed that some bullies where picking on a helpless puppy. Kagome didn’t think it was right and she frowned.

She saw that one of the boys were about to hit it with a stick and she had decided that they were going too far. She had shoved all three boys away from the shivering animal and picked it up off the ground. “You’re not suppose to hurt poor defenseless animals! Pick on someone your own size!” Kagome shouted in defense. The small pup gave a bark of happiness.

The bullies had got up off the ground and were circled around Kagome. “Stupid little girl! If we can’t hurt the dog then we’ll hurt you!” The leader had shouted. He balled his small hands into a fist and had prepared to strike the little dogs savior. Kagome closed her eyes. Awaiting the impact.

It never came.

Slowly Kagome had opened her eyes to see the back of someone. The boy had held the bullies hand and punched him back. “Lucky! I actually blocked it. You guys aren’t suppose to hit girls. It’s wrong.” The savior had said. Kagome was hiding behind the boy as the bullies lackeys had ran away, leaving the boy to crawl from the obviously stronger boy.

Once they left, Kagome found her voice. “A-arigatou for saving me…” Kagome said timidly. The boy had turned around to reveal violet eyes. He smiled a big smile. “It was nothing. Boys aren’t suppose to hit girls anyways. What’s your name anyways?” The larger boy had said. Kagome gave him a big smile and replied.

“My name is Kagome Higurashi! What about you?” Momo gave a smile that could match Kagome’s. “I’m Momoshiro Takeshi, but you could call me Momo-chan!” Kagome giggled. “How old are you Momo-chan?” Kagome said as she decided to walk out the ally. Momo had followed. “I’m seven years old. How about you?” Kagome smiled. “I’m six! Which means that you’re older then me. I should call you Momo-ouji-chan! You’re my prince since you saved me!” Kagome exclaimed, adding emphasis by waving her arms up into the air. Momo blushed.

They both walked to the park again. Kagome had seemingly forgotten that her goal was to go back home to her guardians. Kagome smiled as she saw that the swings were free. She immediately rushed towards them and saved two spots. One for her and another for Momo.

“Momo! Come play with me!” Kagome said as she giggled. Momo came running towards her and took the swing next to her. They started to swing and Kagome laughed as she gained height. “Hey Kagome! If you’re calling me Momo-ouji-chan, then can I call you Kago-hime-chan?” Momo said with a blush on his face. Kagome nodded and they both laughed.

*~*
Present time *~*

Everything seemed fine for a while. But four years later, one of them went away.

*~* Four years later *~*

Kagome was sitting there across her best friend. Momo hung his head, in fear of the expression that Kagome had on her face. “Why are you leaving? I thought we were best friends!” Kagome had said as tears formed in her eyes. Momo looked up to her. He winced. He hated it when she cried. It broke his heart. “YOU’RE SUPPOSE TO BE MY BEST FRIEND TAKESHI!” Kagome had shouted. Luckily they were outside, so they wouldn’t get in trouble. Momo winced again. She only used his first name when she was pissed or sad.

Kagome started to sob. This was her bestest friend, and he was leaving her to go to some other city in Japan. Momo sighed. “I don’t have a choice Kagome… You’re my best friend too and I would never forget you. Please don’t cry.” Momo said as he stood up and walked to sit beside her. He put a hand on her back and rubbed them in a circular motion.

Kagome lifted her head up. “Of course you wouldn’t forget about me! If you ever do, I’ll hunt you down and smack you!” Kagome had said. Momo laughed slightly. “I promise that I’ll see you again someday. I swear on my title as your
ouji-sama!” Momo had said as he held out his pinky. Kagome wiped her tears away and linked her pinky with his.

“I’ll miss you Momo-ouji-chan…” Kagome had said as she enveloped him in a hug. Momo did the same and hugged her back. “I’ll miss you too Kago-hime-chan…” Momo said as he gathered his courage and kissed her on the cheek. Kagome just looked surprised. “I’m sorry Kago-hime-chan!” Momo said, thinking she hated him now. Momo started to stutter and Kagome just kissed him back on the cheek. “Sayonara Kagome Higurashi…” Momo said as he held her hand. Kagome frowned. “Iie… It’s ja ne… Ja ne Takeshi Momoshiro…” And with that, they had parted ways.

*~* Present Day *~*

They never saw each other again until they were both in middle school. It was by chance that Kagome had gotten transferred to Seigaku. Now she was twelve and still same as when she was six.

Kagome had entered the secretaries office and got her schedule. She exited the office and made her way towards class.

Kagome made it and knocked on the door. There was a man in his mid-forties that answered. “Yes?” He had asked in a unfriendly tone. “It’s my first day here and this is my class…” Kagome said. She was dragged into the classroom and had to do basic first day things. “Konnichiwa! Watashi wa Kagome Higurashi! I live with my guardians and my hobbies are practicing kendo and using the katana. I also do hand-to-hand combat!” Kagome said in a cheerful voice.

The class looked at her as if she was lying, which they thought she was. Her body looked too small and frail for any type of sport. The boys had looked at her with either a sneer or lust in their eyes. Kagome also received glares from the girl population. Kagome sighed as she took a seat beside a boy that had black hair and dark green highlights.

He looked bored and uninterested, as if he wouldn’t even care if the sky was falling. Kagome turned around to him. “Konnichiwa! What’s your name?” Kagome asked. The boy yawned and gave a lazy reply. “Echizen Ryoma…” Was all he said. Kagome frowned and didn’t bother him after that.

Once the bell had rung, signaling that it was lunch, Kagome packed her bags and shoved it in her locker. She walked outside and sighed. She hadn’t made a lot of friends during class… Hell, she didn’t think she made any friends. All the girls were seemingly jealous of her and all the guys where pissing her off.

She sighed and walked towards the back of the school where she had seen some tennis courts. She observed some people in white and blue jackets playing matches. Kagome was walking around when suddenly a stray ball was about to strike her in the face.

Out of instinct she turned on the ball of her foot and caught the ball. “Damn, that could have hurt…” Kagome said to herself.

A boy that looked about a year older then her came over to reclaim the stray ball. “Gome ne! Did the ball hit you?” The taller boy had asked. Kagome turned to give the ball back to the boy. She turned and midnight blue clashed with electric violet. Kagome gasped. She dropped the ball on the ground. The boy in front of her was Momo… It was Momo-ouji-chan.

Kagome could feel tears of joy threatening to spill from her eyes. “Momo… Momo!” Kagome had said. Momo looked confused. “Nani?” He had asked in a confused way. He tilted his head to the right and stared at Kagome.

Kagome stopped her thoughts. She looked up at the obviously larger boy. “You don’t remember me?” She asked. Afraid the answer was no. Momo just stared at her. “Do I know you?” Momo had asked as he rubbed his head. Kagome felt tears come to her eyes.

Her sadness was quickly turning into full blown anger. “You said you would never forget me! You said that if you ever did then I could hit you as much as I want!” Kagome had yelled, drawing a crowd. Kagome started to cry. “I HATE YOU TAKESHI!” Kagome had yelled. Before she left she balled her hand up into a fist and punched him in the face.

This left everybody who witnessed this shocked. “Momo-senpai, what did you do to make her so mad?” Momo just sat there. “She asked if I knew here and I said no and then she started to cry! I really don’t know her!!!” Momo had said. The others just helped him up. “Maybe you did deserve that. She did look very upset when she left.” Oishi had said.

Momo just got up and dusted himself off. Thinking of who she was and if he truly indeed knew her. He walked to the change room to think about it.

*~* Kagome *~*

Kagome stormed up the stairs. Heading straight for the roof of the school. There was something about staring at the sky in high altitude that calmed her down. She fumbled with the door knob until she finally got it opened. She closed the door behind her. ‘How could he forget me? He said that he would never forget me…’ Kagome thought to herself as tears started to spill from her eyes full force.

She cried into her arms. She knew it had been a long time since he saw her and she knew that memories fad, but she didn’t expect him to forget about her completely. This was it… He may never remember her again. Kagome just stared at the sky. Her tears had not stopped, but they have died down a little. She sighed.

*~* After school *~*

Now that the hell she called school had been over for the day, she headed off to do what she always loved to do. Swings… It has been and always will be her most favorite thing in the whole world. She sighed. This just wasn’t her day. She found that the swings were unusually deserted and sat down on one.

She decided to keep from getting carried away, so she just swung at a low speed. This also helped calm her down and let her think things through. Kagome sighed once again. “Damn you Momo-ouji-chan…” Kagome said in a slightly angry voice. It really hurt her that he didn’t remember her. She just sat on the swing a little longer. ‘Maybe I could just remind him of me later tomorrow… I guess I should apologize for hitting him…’ Kagome thought to herself. Maybe when she tells him her name, then he would remember her. She smiled. This might not be that bad.

*~* Next Day, Lunch, Tennis courts *~*

The next day, Kagome had sat on the bench, watching Momo play. She waited until the game was over to go over to him.

She walked timidly over to him, hoping he wasn’t mad at her. “Ano… Takeshi-san?” Kagome said. Momo looked over his shoulder to see Kagome. He turned around. He was pissed. He didn’t even know her and she punched him. “I’m sorry for… punching you yesterday…” Kagome said as she looked at the floor.

Momo didn’t say anything. He started to walk. Kagome followed him. “I know you might have forgotten me, but if I told you my name then you might remember me…” Kagome said as she tried to catch up with Momo’s angry strides. “I don’t really want to know your name. All I know is you go up to random people and assault them.” He said. Kagome just kept following him.

“You said that you would never forget me… I got mad yesterday when you said you didn’t know me. You were my first friend.” Kagome said sadly. She knew what she did was wrong, but she thought that they might work around the fact that she punched him, hard.

“I’m really sorry! I was really angry at the moment… Please don’t hold it against me.” Kagome said. Momo just turned around. “Look! I don’t know you and I don’t think I really want to! Please just leave me alone!” Momo had said as he turned again and walked away.

Kagome just stood there. She grabbed his arm, making him halt in his steps. “I’m Kagome! Don’t you remember me? Don’t you remember me, Momo-ouji-chan?” Kagome asked. She knew that tears were starting to spill forth once again, but she didn’t care. All she needed was for him to acknowledge her.

Momo stood there, stunned. How could he have not noticed? Those blue eyes would have gave it away. “K-Kagome…?” Momo asked, stuttering. Kagome’s eyes widened. “You remember me?” Kagome asked, sniffing. She brought her free arm up and dried her tears away.

“Kami… Is that really you? I’m so sorry…” Momo said. Kagome just looked up. “As long as you still remember me, it’s okay…” Kagome said. Momo looked down at the shorter girl. “I’m sorry Kagome… I’m really sorry…” Momo said as he embraced Kagome.

Kagome allowed it and hugged him back. “I missed you Ouji-sama…” Kagome said as she felt tears of joy fall from her crystalline eyes. Momo just nuzzled into her dark tresses. “I missed you to, Hime…”

*~*

Well there you have it… I hope it wasn’t too cheesy or anything. If you don’t like the fluffy stuff then tell me. This was actually pretty fun to write… I might be better at one-shots then stories with long stories… I tend to get bored easily… =D

Anyways… Please feed this sad little author some reviews on this beautiful Friday the thirteenth…

Lingling