Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Pet Shop ❯ Pet Shop ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Pet Shop

Sigh… This was a nice break from ripping my hair out on my other fanfic. This one is just something I was playing around with. I love Eiji and Momoshiro from Prince of Tennis. This is just a one-shot and A.U for the Inu part. Please be kind and try not to flame me. This might be at a pretty fast pace. Also this is a Eiji/Kagome fan fiction. Never done before! =D

Lingling

*~*~*~*~*

Eiji Kikumaru ran towards his favorite pet shop. He hasn’t been there in days due to and upcoming tournament. He slows down when he reached the door and went inside the conditioned pet shop. “Konnichiwa, how’s Megu?” Kikamaru said his standard greeting. “Konnichiwa! Megu is just fine, though he gained a bit of weight.” Came the reply but, it wasn’t like the usual reply. The voice was soft and feminine.

“Konnichiwa! Watashi wa Higurashi Kagome.” Said a girl around his age. She had black hair with navy highlights and bright cerulean blue eyes. “I’m working part-time here to help my uncle. It’s nice to meet you!” Eiji looked at the girl in awe. She was like a goddess.

She walked past him to one of the tanks. “My uncle told me about you! You must love animals.” Eiji looked confused. “Hoi?” He said as he tilted his head in confusion. Kagome giggled and kneeled down to look at the tanks below. “There’s John, Taro, Haru, Shino, Megumi, Shiji, Hikaru.” Kagome named all the turtles.

“Kagome-san, what school do you go to?” Kagome stopped naming them and stood up. “Ah! I just transferred to Seigaku! I started school last week! I‘m in second year, class 8.” (I think that’s Momo’s class) Kagome said. Eiji smiled when he heard her reply. “Really? I go to Seigaku too! I’m Eiji Kikumaru!” Kagome gasped. “Really? You’re the Seigaku regular, Eiji Kikumaru? Sugoi!” Kagome said as she looked at him in awe.

Eiji blushed under her gaze. Her eyes were wide in admiration. She smiled at him and he couldn’t help but smile back.

Eiji looked at her. “Would you like to come to see our practice tomorrow?” Eiji asked. Kagome nodded enthusiastically. “Yeah! I would love that! Is it okay if I bring someone along?” Eiji smiled. “Uh-huh. That’s alright. I don’t mind.” Eiji looked at her and then his watch. He gasped. “Oh no! I need to go home! Gomen ne Kagome! I got to go! See you at three thirty!” Eiji ran out of the store and back to his house, where he was bombarded by his dog.

That night, Eiji’s dreams were filled with a certain girl.

*~* Next day - Three-thirty - Seigaku Tennis club *~*

Eiji frowned. Where is she? She looked around and sighed. ‘I guess she forgot about me.’ He sighed again and served. On the sidelines Ryoma and Momo were talking. “Eiji seems down today, don’t you think Echizen?” Ryoma nodded. “He’s movement are slightly more sluggish and less graceful.”

*~* Kagome *~*

“Oh no! We’re late! I hope Eiji-san isn’t mad!” Kagome ran through the front of the school.

She ran towards the tennis courts behind the school to see a ton of people there, and they were all… well, playing tennis. Kagome saw Eiji practicing and slowed down her pace as she made her way towards that court.

Eiji had spotted her and smiled. She waved a little and he grinned at her. Just then, Kaidoh did the Snake and Eiji made a run for it. He made sure that I had got him a point. When it did he turned to see Kagome looking at him with those eyes again. He smiled softly and then did the victory sign to her. “Game and match won by Eiji.” Kagome clapped as Eiji made his way to her.

“Sugoi! You’re really good Eiji-san!” Kagome said. Eiji blushed and rubbed the back of his neck. “Thank you, it’s just practice.” Kagome giggled. “You play like a cat you know? You’re very graceful it almost seems unnatural.” Kagome said while she laughed. “Nya?” That made Kagome laugh harder.

“Oi! Eiji!” Eiji and Kagome looked to see who was shouting for the bouncy redhead and found Oishi there, waving. Eiji got up but Kagome didn’t move. “Hoi? Aren’t you coming?” Eiji had asked as he turned to face her. “Iie, you’re at practice and I might distract you.” Kagome said as she waved her hands in a dismissive manner. Eiji smiled. “It’s alright! I can teach you how to play!”

Eiji grabbed her hand and dragged her towards the court. “I can introduce you to all the regulars too!” Kagome blushed at the contact but didn’t do anything to stop him.

“Oishi! Oishi! Meet Kagome-chan! She’s from the pet shop I told you about!” Oishi turned around and saw that Eiji was with a girl. “Kagome, this is my partner for doubles! His name is Oishi Shuchiro, and together we make the golden pair!” Oishi smiled. “Konnichiwa Higurashi-san.” Kagome frowned. “Kagome.” Oishi looked confused. “Call me Kagome. Higurashi-san is for my mother!” Kagome said with a smile on her face.

Oishi looked down at her hands and saw that their were connected. He smiled. When Eiji got called away by Inui, Oishi stayed to talk with Kagome. “So, Higurashi-sa-” Before Oishi could finish his sentence he was faced with a glare that could make Kaidoh look like a kitten. “Ah… Kagome, how long have you known Eiji?” Oishi asked. He was curious to what Kagome meant to his partner. “Ah, I just met him yesterday at the pet shop my uncle owns…”

Oishi nodded. He saw Kagome staring intently at the tennis courts where the regulars were practicing. “Kagome, have you ever played tennis before?” Oishi’s question made Kagome tear her gaze away from the tennis players. “I use to… Not anymore though…”

Sadness. Oishi was surprised that this girl can portray this emotion of so clearly on her face. It made him guilty of asking. She quickly put on a smile. “But before I stopped, I was a pretty good player.” Kagome said with a silly grin on her face.

Before they could say another word they heard a loud chocking sound. Then they saw Eiji running out of the court, waving his arms around franticly and yelling ‘water’. Kagome looked at Oishi. “Is this normal?” She had asked him. He nodded. “Maybe I should go help him.” Kagome had said as she got up. Oishi smiled. “Good luck!” Kagome looked at him in confusion, but he was already making his way towards the tennis courts.

*~* Eiji *~*

Eiji leaned on the sink for support. ‘What the hell was in that stuff?!?’ He turned over and was faced with a water bottle. “Hoi?” He heard a giggle and knew immediately that it was Kagome. “Arigatou!” He took the water bottle and chugged it all down. “Daijoubu?” Kagome had asked with concern laced in her voice. “Un!” Eiji had said with a nod. Kagome smiled.

Eiji stood up and walked with Kagome, back to practice. “Eiji! You said you would teach me tennis!” Kagome whined, while holding his racket. (Author stops typing and looks over the last three words. Lingling: Damn, I’m way too perverted for my own good…) Eiji laughed and and ran towards the courts. “Not unless you get there first!” Kagome blinked and finally realized what he had said and ran.

Eiji made it first but Kagome was there in a second. “No fair!!! You had a head start! You cheater!” Eiji laughed as she pouted and stuck her tongue out at him. He stared at the offending appendage and swallowed thickly.

As they arrived a stray tennis ball was about to hit Kagome in the face. “Kagome!” Eiji was about to push her out of the way when she turned to the side and sliced it back to the owner of the ball. “Watch where you hit that thing!” Kagome yelled back. Eiji look stunned. That was a hard to return. He was positive that she was going to get hit. “Kagome-chan! I thought you needed help with tennis!” Eiji had said.

Kagome was about to make an excuse when Momo came up to them. “Gomen-ne Kago-chan.” Kagome whapped him on the head. “Just watch where you’re aiming that thing.” Kagome said as she watched her classmate clutch his head in pain. Eiji was lost. How did Momo know her? “Kago-chan, how did you hit that ball back! That was a hard shot!” Kagome just laughed nervously. “I use to be in the tennis club in my old school, demo… I stopped playing when I moved here.” Kagome answered.

“Then why do you want me to teach you if you already know how to play?” Eiji asked, still confused at the situation. “Ano… I just wanted to see if my skills got rusty!” Kagome laughed nervously and looked at her watch. “I got to go or I’m going to be late for work! Gomen
Eiji-kun! Ja ne!!!” And with that Kagome took off leaving a confused Momo and Eiji.

Eiji made his way back to Oishi to practice. “Eiji… Where’s Kagome?” Oishi asked, see that Eiji came back alone. “She left to go to work.” Eiji said disappointedly. Oishi smiled. “You like her don’t you?” He said softly. Eiji blushed like crazy.

“N-Nani?!? Who told you that?” Eiji stumbled over his words and that made Oishi smile. “I just know. Don’t worry Eiji, I’m sire she likes you too.” Eiji now resembled a tomato and turned away from his partner. Oishi chuckled and they started practice.

*~* Three weeks later *~*

For the last three weeks Kagome was with the Seigaku regulars and getting to know them better. They were all eating at WacDonald’s when Kagome suddenly stood up from her seat. Everyone stopped talking and turned their attention to Kagome. “Is everything okay Kagome?” Ryoma had asked. Kagome looked out the window and sat back down slowly. “Yeah, I thought I saw something outside. Everyone started to talk again but Kagome’s attention was directed on the streets. ‘No, he wouldn’t come and find me in this situation.’ Kagome said and she put her focus back to the conversations

Once everyone was finished they exited the fast food restaurant. “Let’s go play some street tennis!” Kagome had suggested since they didn’t have practice today. The rest agreed and they made their way towards the courts. As they walked up the stairs they found the place practically deserted, save for one person. “Oi, let’s get started.” Said Fuji as the rest had started to take their equipment out and change into their other clothes.

“Kagome, do you mind watching our things while we go change?” Takeshi had asked. “I’ll be alright! Don’t worry about me.” Kagome said as they left. As Kagome sat there she saw the person that was here earlier and her eyes widened in horror. “I-iie… Not here… Not now…” Kagome said.

She stood up and walked towards the person as he got up. “Kagome… How long has it been since you left? Why would you leave me all alone? You do know that your mines right?” Kagome frowned. “Go to hell Inuyasha. I wasn’t yours and I’m not anybodies.” Kagome’s tone was icy cold and held a tone of authority. “Why don’t we play a game of tennis Kaggy-koi. Just one game…” Kagome gave a sound of disgust. “Never call me that.”

Kagome went and grabbed a racket out of Eiji’s bag. “Inuyasha, if I win you will have to leave me alone forever.” Kagome said as she took off her sweater. She tied her hair up and stood on one of the courts. Inuyasha smirked. “And if I win?” Kagome looked at him straight in the eye. “I’ll do whatever you want.” Inuyasha then smiled smugly. “Remember our last match Kagome? How do you know that this isn’t going to end up like our last one?” Inuyasha asked.

Kagome growled at him. “SHUT UP!!!” Inuyasha then took a tennis ball out. “It’s okay if we self-judge right.” Kagome nodded.

“Get ready Koi…” Inuyasha smiled when he saw her tighten her grip on the racket.

*~* From the change room *~*

As they were all changing into their Seigaku uniforms, they heard shouting outside. The quickly changed and ran out to see what was happening. They saw that it was Kagome and a mysterious student out on the court. “Nani? Kagome can play tennis?” Kaidoh had asked. Eiji nodded.

“But she denies it for some reason.” Oishi looked surprised. “I wonder what made her play all of a sudden… With a stranger no less.” They didn’t have any time to think about it when the stranger said something. “Get ready Koi…”

Eiji felt like something stab right through his heart. ‘Koi… Of course… Why would Kagome like me…’ Eiji just stared at them blankly. Oishi looked sad as did the rest of the Regulars. They all knew that Eiji harbored feelings for Kagome.

“SHUT UP AND SERVE!” Kagome shouted. “Whatever you want koi…” Inuyasha threw the ball into the air and made an extremely fast serve. Kagome quickly ran and sliced the ball back at him. Inuyasha countered and smirked. “My, my… You’ve improved from the last time I played you Kagome-koi.” Inuyasha said. Kagome was infuriated. “DON’T CALL ME KOI YOU BASTARD!” Kagome jumped and smashed the ball into his court.

Inuyasha looked stunned but quickly hid it. “So Kagome… Who are your friends that you came here with?” Inuyasha said as he bounced the tennis ball. Kagome narrowed her eyes. “It’s none of your business Inuyasha.” He looked at her and then looked directly at Eiji, which made Eiji gasp.

“But Kagome… Why wouldn’t you tell them about me? You are my girlfriend…” Eiji clenched his fists at that comment but still remained calm. “Shut up you bastard. I hate you and I never loved you. Get out of whatever imaginary world you’ve trapped yourself in and stay the hell away from me and my friends.” Kagome let out an impressive growl and gave Inuyasha a menacing look that would make anyone run for the hills.

Inuyasha just smiled and insane smile and did a ‘Kick serve’, but instead of having it hit her face it hit her stomach with such force it made her let go of her racket and fall to the ground. “15-15”. All of the regulars ran closer to the court and were giving Inuyasha dirty looks. “Kagome! Daijoubu?” Eiji had shouted. Kagome stood up and grabbed her racket. “I’m fine Eiji… But you guys should stay out of this.”

“Oh… Kagome, have you been whoring yourself around. Well I can’t have that! Your mines remember?” Inuyasha had an angry tone in his voice while he said that. “I would never be yours and if I was I would kill myself.” Inuyasha served again and this time Kagome pivoted to the left and hit it right back at him.

Inuyasha grunted as he almost lost grip of his racket due to the strength of the hit. He managed to return it though. Kagome smirked as she hit a seemingly normal slice. But it was almost too fast for the human eye to catch. “Light shot, eh Kaggy-koi?” Inuyasha said as he served again. “30-15” Kagome said to herself.

As the ball was coming towards her she did the Light shot again. Inuyasha had predicted where the ball would go and he hit it. When the ball impacted the racket, it had such a force that it sent the racket high into the air. It came crashing back down and split into two pieces.

*~* Sideline *~*

“Su-sugoi…” Eiji had said as he watched Kagome play. “That ball went well over 300km/h.” Inui had said as he adjusted his glasses.

Kagome just stood there. “Just stop it Inuyasha. Just go away and never come back.” Inuyasha growled at her. “Your mine and only mine.” That statement made Eiji angry. She was his. His eyes widened. ‘She’s… mines?’ That statement felt… right.

“Get it through your thick skull. I am not yours!” Kagome said. “If your not mines, then you can’t be with anybody else.” Inuyasha served and it hit the ground. When Kagome was about to return it, it bounced towards her wrist. When it came in contact there was a sickening snap.

Kagome screamed. “Kagome!!!” Eiji had shouted as he ran towards her. She was on the ground and cradling her right arm. “Kagome! Daijoubu?” Eiji said as he tried to take a look at her wrist. “…I’m…fine….” Eiji grazed the injured spot a bit and Kagome hissed in pain. “Can I borrow you jacket Eiji?” Eiji nodded and took his jacket off quickly. Kagome made it into a makeshift sling and stood up.

“Let’s continue Inuyasha.” The regulars protested. “Kagome-chan, you’re too injured to play.” Momo said in a serious voice. Kagome gave him a bright smile despite the situation. “Iie… I’d rather get sent to the pit’s of hell then lose right now.”

“Kago-koi… We can stop… Forfeit and we can live together forever! Forfeit and be mines.” Kagome frowned. “Kagome… Just forfeit. I don’t want you hurt…” Eiji said with a pleading look. Kagome shook her head. “Gomen, demo… If I lose I need to do something for him… And I already know what it is.” Kagome smirked. “Besides… I’m a southpaw…” Kagome went back onto the court.

“No way…” Momo had said in disbelief. Kagome held the racket with a firm grip. Inuyasha laughed. “You’re making this difficult koi… Just give up.” Kagome just looked at him with a blank face. “Serve … After I get this point you can leave forever.” Inuyasha smiled. “I’ll break your other hand then!” He threw the ball into the air and hit a fast and hard serve.

Kagome made it look like she wouldn’t get the ball but since she knew Inuyasha would do the same thing again. As she predicted the ball went right into her racket and with a lot of effort she returned it. “Heh… Looks like I’ll be wining this one Inuyasha.” Inuyasha sliced the ball and Kagome smiled. “Sayonara Inuyasha…” Kagome went and sliced the ball. “Light gun!” This was almost the same as Light shot but instead of it just being fast and hard, it had the same effect as ‘Twist serve.’

It hit him right in the face and he fell. “Game won by Kagome Higurashi.” Kagome said to herself and she left the court. “Momo-chan. Let me borrow your cell phone.” Kagome had said in a cheery voice. “Ah, here you got Kaggy-chan.” Kagome dialed the 9-1-1 and told the police to come and arrest Inuyasha.

“Kagome… Who is he?” Eiji said as he looked at Inuyasha. Kagome just looked at the fallen form of her former friend. “He use to be a friend of mines until he got too close. He’s a murderer. That’s all you need to know Eiji.” The Regulars stared at Inuyasha as he started to stand up.

“I’m not a murderer. Your family was bound to die anyways. I just made the process faster.” Inuyasha said in a carefree manner. “Shut up… I already called the police. They know who you are and what you did. I wonder what the charges would be, ne?” Kagome said in a taunting tone, thought there were tears threatening to spill from her eyes when she recalled that day.

“Remember what Souta said when you came home that day? ‘Kagome-nee-san! Help me!’ But what could you do? You did nothing and he died! ‘Nee-san, nee-san!!! Onegai!!! Save me!’” Inuyasha mimicked the actions of Kagome’s little brother. He then made a stabbing motion. “Then he was gone!” Inuyasha laughed when Kagome started to cry.

“Shut up! Just shut up!!!” Kagome screamed as she covered her ears. The rest of the Tennis regulars looked lost. They didn’t really know what happened but the got a idea. Eiji couldn’t bear the site of Kagome crying and wrapped his arms around her sobbing form.

“It’s alright Kagome. Don’t worry about anything. I’m here to protect you.” Eiji whispered words of comfort to Kagome and ran his hands through her hair, as she nuzzled into his chest.

Inuyasha was seeing red now. He took out a hidden knife and made an attempt to slash at Eiji’s back. Kagome gasped and pushed Eiji out of the way. The knife came in contact with Kagome’s arm and made a scratch. “I told you that if I can’t have you then no one can.” Inuyasha made another attempt to stab Eiji but was pushed away by Kagome.

“Don’t touch him!” Kagome yelled. Inuyasha looked at her. There were tears going down her face. “I don’t love you. I love Eiji…” Kagome said as she stared at Inuyasha. “I hate you.” She kicked the knife out of his hand and punched him in the face. “I hate you!!!” She screamed.

The regulars looked stunned at the situation. Eiji snapped out of his stupor and pulled Kagome away from Inuyasha. “The police are here.” He said as he held Kagome and policemen flooded the area.

*~* One month later *~*

It was after school and Kagome was working alone at the pet shop. She sighed and tapped her fingers on the counter. Today was a slow day. Nobody came by the store or even took a glance at it. She sighed again. Then she heard the soft tinkle of a bell, signaling that a customer was here. “Konnichiwa! How’s Megu!” Kagome smiled when she heard the voice and ran from behind the counter.

Eiji was waiting for her and she came and tackled him with a bear hug. “Eiji!” Kagome said as she hugged her boyfriend. Yes, Eiji Kikumaru and Kagome Higurashi were together. After the incident with Inuyasha, they had confessed their love and started to date. Kagome loved him for helping her through her time of need and visiting her when she was sick and Eiji loved her for her kindness and… well everything.
The couples looked at each other in the eye and they both leaned forward. Their lips came in contact with each other and they held their position for a few minutes. They were both sitting on the ground and Kagome was leaning on one of the fish tanks. Eiji became more daring and deepened the kiss. Kagome gasped in surprise and he took his chance and slipped his tongue inside her mouth. Just then they saw a flash and they broke apart.

They saw the Tennis regulars looking at them with goofy grins on their face and Oishi a camera. “I think the newspaper club would want this.” Oishi said with a grin on his face. Eiji growled at them for ruining their special moment and lunged at the nearest person, which was Ryoma.

Kagome smiled at the scene and joined Eiji in a hunt for the tennis members.

*~* End *~*

There you have it folks. I hope you liked it and please review. This is Lingling saying this: =D. Remember to R&R

Lingling