Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ ◄:— S A K U N O Chronicles —:► ❯ Ryoma Echizen ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SUMMARY: Ryoma gets an inside look at Sakuno's private thoughts when her diary falls into his hands. The question is: What is he going to do now? [RYOSAK]
 
Disclaimer for each and every chapter for this fanfic and for every fanfic I have or will ever write: HINDI AKO ANG MAY ARI NITO, MMKAY? I don't own Prince of Tennis and am not making any type of profit from this fic… if you don't count personal enjoyment that is. I would like to bear Kunimitsu's, Ryoma's, Syusuke's and Kikumaru's babies (in that order) … as well as Atobe's, Ohtori's and sprinkle a bit of Ryoga on the side just for the heck of it, but sadly, I don't own them either… and they're anime characters. (weeps)
 
A/N: I don't know why but I just wanted to throw my two cents into writing a PoT fic. ._. RyoSak but anySak would do since she's so cute. Someone join me for some Sakuno-loving! (waves Sakuno-fangirl flag) Sige na, join me!!! If you wait for it, it'll be RyoSak… or maybe Fuji(but which one eh?)Sak or ANYSak since I could ship her with anyone… oh wait, except maybe Shinya da ne because she's scared of him da ne.
 
I wanted to write something set in highschool, college or after they all graduate from school so Sakuno could live happily ever afterwards, but I love Seigaku too much. Arg! Damn you, Seigaku!!! (pets Seigaku) X.x The idea behind this fanfic is blatantly ripped off (coughs) I mean BORROWED from one of my most favorite authors of all time - CiraArana. She has a KagSess fic entitled The Diary (if you have time and if you're a SessKag fan, you should go read it because it's REALLY GOOD) and I thought maybe I could borrow it for my PoT fic… hehe!
 
As I started this, I've only seen up to Episode 67 of the anime (I cried at around 61 and then again at 67 because I'm nothing but a big crybaby), the Futari no Samurai movie, Survival Camp and have never read any of the manga (I don't read manga much. ;__;), so expect some anime spoilers and butchering of canon to suit my fangirly needs but absolutely no manga spoilers. Oh noes wtfchicharon! My only beta is Microsoft Word & reviews will be greatly appreciated nyah!
 
∞∞∞∠;žâˆžâˆžâˆžâˆ&# 382;∞∞∞∞ ;∞∞∞∞&# 226;ˆžâˆžâˆžâˆžâ ;ˆžâˆžâˆžâˆžâ&# 710;žâˆžâˆžâˆžâˆ ;žâˆžâˆžâˆžâˆ&# 382;∞∞∞∞ ;∞∞∞∞&# 226;ˆžâˆžâˆžâˆžâ ;ˆžâˆžâˆžâˆžâ&# 710;žâˆžâˆžâˆžâˆ ;žâˆžâˆžâˆžâˆ&# 382;∞∞∞∞ ;∞
∞ S A K U N O C H R O N I C L E S ∞
∞∞∞∠;žâˆžâˆžâˆžâˆ&# 382;∞∞∞∞ ;∞∞∞∞&# 226;ˆžâˆžâˆžâˆžâ ;ˆžâˆžâˆžâˆžâ&# 710;žâˆžâˆžâˆžâˆ ;žâˆžâˆžâˆžâˆ&# 382;∞∞∞∞ ;∞∞∞∞&# 226;ˆžâˆžâˆžâˆžâ ;ˆžâˆžâˆžâˆžâ&# 710;žâˆžâˆžâˆžâˆ ;žâˆžâˆžâˆžâˆ&# 382;∞∞∞∞ ;∞
 
 
♥ I S A ♥
 
She had always been there. A definite constant in his life, a permanent fixture in his games, that he never really gave it more than a passing thought.
 
She was the coach's granddaughter.
 
She was a klutz.
 
She was attached to the hip with that banshee that loved to embarrass him by screaming “Ryoma-sama! Ryoma-sama!” at the top of her lungs at every given situation.
 
He could vaguely remember a heavenly dessert gracing his palettes, courtesy of her as well. Vaguely. He didn't really pay much attention to things that weren't on top of his priority list.
 
She never failed to come to any of his games. Why not, she was the coach's granddaughter. Wasn't there some kind of unwritten law somewhere that a coach's granddaughter had to support the team?
 
She often stuttered when they exchanged the meager words that they did. She was a shy girl.
 
She was always there, watching him at the sidelines, cheering him on.
 
He couldn't remember when it started exactly, but it was like he just woke up to her being there.
 
She was just… there.
 
One time, she even went as far as to coming inside the court to interrupt his game. Yes, he was injured, but it wasn't anything major. Shards of a tennis racket to the eye wasn't anything to be concerned about. Just because he was the youngest in the team didn't mean that they could treat him like a baby.
 
It was bad enough that Eiji-senpai called him Ochibi; they didn't have to remind him of his apparent chibi-ness compared to the other Regulars that much. Just standing beside them would make that fact very clear to anyone.
 
He never really thought about anything aside from tennis, finally getting the chance to beat his oyaji in a serious game, his cat Karupin, maybe some delicious Japanese cuisines as a contrast to the Western food the people in his house seemed to prefer to make… and more tennis of course. His thoughts would occasionally drift to sizing up great players as well, but those thoughts have never been directed at a girl before.
 
He guessed he was at about the right age to think about the opposite sex (according to his pervert of a father), but the birds and bees talk that he got from the former tennis pro made sure that he was going to be scarred for life. And if that wasn't enough, the lewd magazines his father dumped on him and forced him to read to fully “appreciate” the dreaded talk was even worse. Baka oyaji.
 
Today had been a lazy day. With the weekend coming, he figured he could afford to miss lunch and still survive practice later. He spent his lunch hour dozing off on one of the branches on top of his favorite tree to avoid crazy fangirls and annoying senpai-tachi. The school's rooftop wasn't safe anymore once Momo-senpai found out about it.
 
The weather was nice. He wasn't hungry at all. He had a big breakfast this morning. He could survive until dinner later or perhaps grab a quick bite at McDonald's on his way home. For now, it was naptime; Nothing but him, his tree and the gentle breeze lulling him to sleep.
 
That was until his nap was interrupted by someone. If he didn't know any better, he would say that his `Ryuzaki senses' were tingling and that was what woke him up. Either way, he snapped out of his mild doze as someone approached his domain and sat under the current tree he was occupying.
 
It was a girl.
 
For a moment, he thought that he had been discovered, but was pleasantly surprised when he noticed that the girl merely sat down on the base of the tree and made herself comfortable. Upon close inspection, he noticed the trademark twin braids.
 
It was Ryuzaki.
 
She paid him no heed as she settled on the shaded grass area and began to unpack her bento. When she pulled out a dainty little pink notebook from her bag, he was briefly reminded of Inui-senpai as she started scribbling on it. From his vantage point on top of the tree, he could clearly see her alternating between eating and writing.
 
The smell from her bento wafted up to tease his senses. Ryuzaki's lunch smelled really appetizing. He was almost tempted to reveal himself in an effort to make her share some of it with him. But she looked way too engrossed in her writing that he steeled himself and decided to leave her alone.
 
After she finished her lunch, she relaxed into a more comfortable position and scribbled away. He didn't really care, since he wasn't a nosy type of person, but he silently speculated it to be either poetry writing or something school-related... or maybe something else. Maybe it was the former instead of the latter because she would have a faraway look from time to time, with her pen poised at the side of her chin, tapping gently. There were also girly sighs that escaped her mouth now and then.
 
Ryoma soon found himself a nap-mate as the girl dozed off.
 
The shrill cry of the bell signaling the end of the lunch hour woke them both up, and he continued to watch quietly as Little Miss Clumsy scrambled to gather her things back into her bag. She hurriedly closed her bento box and packed away everything, remembering not to leave any garbage on the grass.
 
The second bell sent her into near panic, which was what probably caused her to forget her pink notebook abandoned on the ground as she rushed towards the school building.
 
When she was out of sight, he effortlessly hopped off of his branch and picked her notebook up, tucking it into his pocket, intent on giving it back later. The girl was such a klutz. She had no sense of direction either.
 
She probably couldn't find her way out of a room with one way out and she'd probably lose her head if it wasn't attached to her body.
 
That girl is hopeless, he thought as he made his way to his next class. It was no wonder Tezuka-buchou had discreetly instructed the Seigaku Tennis Club to keep a watch out for the girl, if possible. After involving some type of slight misunderstanding and a somewhat dangerous scuffle that managed to drag even Tachibana Kippei's little sister into it (who is said to be a close friend of hers now), Ryuzaki-sensei's almost-relapse combined with prompting from Oishi spurred the young tennis captain to gather his members and politely handed them this task.
 
Ryuzaki-sensei liked to care for her charges in a grandmotherly, personal way and her charges were more than happy to return the favor. If you observed the buchou's face when he gave those instructions, one would assume that maybe keeping a watch on the little girl was right below his Seigaku's Pillar of Strength strategy. Maybe - One could never tell what the young man was thinking about ninety-nine point ninety-nine percent of the time.
 
Tezuka-buchou particularly zeroed in on the freshmen, since they were on the same grade as the girl. Horio took the opportunity to loudly assure them afterwards that he would make sure that no harm would befall the girl on his watch with his two years' worth of tennis experience. It would be all right, since Horio's tennis experience would save them all and magically cure Ryuzaki of clumsiness and penchant for attracting trouble that defied the laws of probability.
 
Ryoma had pulled his cap down, hiding the rolling of his eyes. That was just great. He didn't know that he signed up to be a part-time babysitter as well when he joined the Seigaku Tennis Club. But an order was an order, and no one on the team has ever refused a direct request from their buchou before.
 
And since he was a Regular, that meant that when Tezuka-buchou said “freshmen”, it was meant more for him than for the three stooges. Who knew what would befall the girl if he left her in the care of those three?
 
As luck would have it, he completely forgot about the notebook until after he went home. Club practice was exceptionally hard today and he forgot about everything else. He didn't even remember it until he had to go put his laundry in the hamper. The little pink notebook was still in his uniform's pocket.
 
Said notebook was placed with the rest of his notebooks on his desk for easy access Monday morning. He didn't want to forget about it again, the girl might be looking for it already. And it probably involved a lot of teary-eyed, frantic searching.
 
So the little notebook sat quietly on top of his desk, together with his homework that remained forgotten until late that night, when he accidentally reached for it, thinking it was the notes that he was looking for. He wasn't homework-obsessed, but he preferred to have everything tucked away and settled so that he could concentrate on his tennis afterwards. That's why he preferred to finish all his homework by Friday night or Saturday morning at most, and then devote the rest of the weekend to tennis. His English homework he could make five minutes before classes started and still ace it, but that was beside the point.
 
His eyes skimmed over the surface & read the first few lines before the young tennis prince realized that he had reached for the wrong thing. What was most curious about the page that he was looking at were the chibi caricatures of him.
 
Curious, he turned to the first page and began to read.
 
Dear Diary,
 
I met a very interesting boy today. His name is Ryoma Echizen and he saved me.
 
Ryoma paused, debating with himself if he should continue reading. This wasn't just some ordinary notebook - it wasn't some book for poetry either. It was a personal diary. This was Ryuzaki's private thoughts - should he violate her privacy and read it?
 
A small part of him said no, he shouldn't. It was a wrong thing to do.
 
The other part of him said why not. If he was mentioned in it, didn't he somehow have the right to read it? That's right - maybe he should just read the entries about him. That wasn't any kind of violation at all. Since he was reading stuff about him, that was alright, right?
 
Right, that small part of him agreed. And besides… shy, timid, clumsy little Ryuzaki couldn't possibly have written a lot of interesting things. She was so… quiet. Also, it was kind of interesting to know what and how other people saw the same situations that he did. It was probably way different than how he saw things.
 
He could just read a few entries, return it to her on Monday, and she wouldn't even know that he read it. He wanted to know how he `saved' her exactly.
 
See, I was riding the metro to meet my grandmother so we can go watch my first tennis match together when these rude and definitely loud boys were talking to each other in front of me. One of them was swinging his racket around carelessly while showing off, and I was so scared of being hit that I couldn't find the courage to voice out my concern.
 
The quiet boy sitting directly in front of me in the train gained their attention and stopped the guy, Sasabe according to his companions, from swinging his racket carelessly, and I my face was saved from getting acquainted with the object. He was really brave standing up to older boys who were twice his size, and he was cute, too. He stepped off the train before I could thank him though, but we later met again when he asked me for directions to the tennis courts.
 
It wasn't like I was stalking him or spying on him or anything, but I just happened to notice that his name was Ryoma E. because it was embroidered into his tennis gear.
 
I feel really bad since I gave him the wrong directions. Maybe I should have warned him that I'm not very good in knowing which way is which and I tend to get lost a lot. Ryoma-kun had to default from his match because of me. He was disqualified and it was my entire fault.
 
Ryoma snorted. Damn right it was. Who else would it be? He wouldn't forget that day. He took the wrong exit, causing him to be five minutes late. It was one of the rare days (not counting his matches with his father) that he actually lost and by default nonetheless. If the girl hadn't given him bad directions, he would have been able to play.
 
The only saving grace from it was that he was able to play a little, even if it was against an amateur jerk like Sasabe.
 
I found him sipping his drink, and he remembered me this time. He blamed me for costing him his game and honestly, I blame myself as well. *sigh* I hope he doesn't hate me too much.
 
I tried to make it up to him by offering to get him a drink, but he ended up paying for his drink and mine as well. Why did I forget to bring change that day? Ah mou! I can be so stupid sometimes! I don't think I made a very good impression on him. He didn't even remember saving me in the train earlier. The only memory I managed to give him of me was getting him disqualified from his match. Great job, Sakuno!
 
I really can't blame him for not remembering who I was. I do a very good impression of a wallflower. Or a potted plant, take your pick.
 
I think he took out his frustrations on Sasabe-san and his goons though. They came a little while later and the next thing I knew, the cute boy I met on the train was challenging them to a tennis match. Do all boys settle their differences that way or is it just with tennis players?
 
I was worried for him, but was soon amazed at his skills. I sat there watching their match, holding on to his jacket. It smelled nice - it smelled like fresh-cut grass with a hint of grape Ponta. I took a good sniff of it to imprint it on my memory… okay, I took lots of sniffs when no one was looking, okay? I heard that certain smells can evoke memories, and I wanted to remember what my savior that day smelled like.
 
He was clearly levels higher than those bullies. I had no reason to be worried at all. He didn't “chicken out” as Sasabe-san taunted him. Ryoma-kun didn't even flinch at all.
 
Obaa-chan later informed me that Ryoma-kun is the “Prince of Tennis”. I can understand why people would give him that title. Not only is he calm and composed like a real prince all the time, his tennis skills are amazing, too. Ryoma-kun never faltered even when Sasabe-san cheated by proclaiming that Ryoma-kun's high lob as out when it was clearly well within the line. I wish I could be more like that. He has confidence in spades and it makes me wonder if anything could ever faze him.
 
He merely compensated for his disadvantage at their self-judged game by making the ball remain spinning at the edge of the court's line. I've never seen anyone do that before! That was the first ever tennis match that I have ever seen, and watching him made me want to join the tennis club at school myself as well.
 
I feel bad for saying this, but I think that Sasabe-san is a sore loser. When Ryoma-kun was clearly dominating the game, he threw his racket at Ryoma-kun and brushed it off as an accident. I wanted to go right up to Sasabe-san and stomp on his foot hard or give him a piece of my mind. How dare he hurt Ryoma-kun intentionally and not even apologize? Just because he was losing didn't mean that he could go and throw his racket at his opponent's face like that.
 
I was very afraid for Ryoma-kun when blood dripped from his face. Thankfully, the racket just hit him on his forehead and not his eyes. It would have been worse if it hit his eyes. I didn't know that people weren't supposed to come inside the courts during a game, so I foolishly offered him my handkerchief to wipe the blood away, but he refused. I was a little… okay A LOT embarrassed but it was okay because he wasn't hurt THAT bad.
 
He even paid Sasabe-san back with a serve that smacked him in the face. Hah! Serves him right! I know I shouldn't revel in the pain of others but I just can't help myself in this case. Sasabe-san is a big meanie. He's a bigger coward than anybody I've ever known in my entire life so far, too. I can't believe a highschool student like him cowered into a crouching position like he did just because of a little tennis ball. Ryoma-kun didn't even use his Twist Serve in the end.
 
He couldn't just gracefully admit that he lost terribly either. As Ryoma-kun said, “there are those who use excuses for losing”. I should remember that and strive to never be one of those people, especially now that I'm starting Junior High.
 
Seigaku is well-known for the boys' tennis club. I'm sure that they're going to win the Kantou Tournament easy. Even though I don't know a lick about tennis, it's a well-known fact that their Regulars are really strong this year. And the buchou isn't a mere pushover either. No one has ever beaten him before. I even heard my obaa-chan say that they're even aiming for the Nationals this year. With people like Mitsu-san on the team, I'm sure they will. I'm not sure I'm supposed to call him that anymore. Even if I do have his permission, he's buchou now and I don't think it would be appropriate. I think that even obaa-chan would agree with me on this one.
 
I've heard lots of praises from obaa-chan about this year's team members. I can't wait to watch more tennis games. If they're as good as Ryoma-kun's, I'm sure I'm going to enjoy watching them.
 
I wonder if Ryoma-kun will join his school's tennis club. I'm sure he'll get accepted, even if he is just an entering freshman. I wonder what school he goes to, for that matter. I wonder if I'll ever see him again. I hope I do. And I hope that he remembers me next time.
 
There were little drawings of hearts around the area where she signed her name.
 
Ryoma blinked. The entry had been an eye-opener, and surprisingly, somewhat interesting. Not interesting as watching Fuji-senpai or Tezuka-buchou play or try to figure out a way around the tensai's Triple Counter of course, but interesting in its own way. He wondered if all girls thought like that.
 
Her recollection of that day was more different than his. He remembered lecturing that amateur Sasabe about the correct hand placements in the Western Grip he so noisily bragged about when in fact he was mistaking it for the Eastern Grip, when she was scared of getting hit by the racket. He remembered not being impressed with the guy's weak Bullet Serve while she was probably busy sniffing his jersey.
 
Did all girls do that?
 
He felt somewhat amused that the girl still managed to attach a polite honorific to Sasabe's name even when she wanted to do him physical damage.
 
Bah, not that it mattered anyway. The entry was an interesting read, but he still had homework to do. He can't afford to slack off or else he wouldn't have time to practice the weekend away.
 
∞∞∞∠;žâˆžâˆžâˆžâˆ&# 382;∞∞∞∞ ;∞∞∞∞&# 226;ˆžâˆžâˆžâˆžâ ;ˆžâˆžâˆžâˆžâ&# 710;žâˆžâˆžâˆžâˆ ;žâˆžâˆžâˆžâˆ&# 382;∞∞∞∞ ;∞∞∞∞&# 226;ˆžâˆžâˆžâˆžâ ;ˆžâˆžâˆžâˆžâ&# 710;žâˆžâˆžâˆžâˆ ;žâˆžâˆžâˆžâˆ&# 382;∞∞∞∞ ;∞
 
Yawning loudly as he stroked Karupin gently, Ryoma stared at the uninteresting show on TV impassively.
 
He had nothing else better to do and that was it. It was raining and his oyaji preferred to read his magazines rather than play a game with him.
 
“Rain and tennis don't mix.” His oyaji had said. He sounded like Ryuzaki-sensei, and the memory made him frown, reminding him of `the game that got away'. He was just about to make a comeback, if not for the coach's interruption. He felt duped, he wanted a rematch.
 
Ryoma snorted. Rain and tennis don't mix my ass. The truth was the old geezer still didn't take him seriously and would rather spend his time looking at scantily clad women than play tennis with him. Baka oyaji.
 
The old man continued to ignore him, giggling girlishly from time to time as he turned the pages to his porn. Kuso oyaji.
 
Ryoma trudged up to his room grumpily, throwing himself on the bed angrily. He finished his homework last night; there was nothing else to do. He wasn't much of a TV person. If the rain didn't let up, he could almost see it now.
 
Echizen Ryoma: dead at age 12. Cause of death: boredom.
 
Cat-like eyes scanned the room, which was unnaturally neat for a boy his age. His gaze settled on the desk, the pink notebook calling out to him, asking him to read it. Should he?
 
You should, said that little voice again. You read one entry already, what's the harm in reading one more, right?
 
Giving in to the little voice easily since he had nothing else to do, he grabbed the notebook, flipped to a page and settled on his bed comfortably to read.
 
Dear Diary,
 
Today I told Tomo-chan that I wished to join the tennis club. I could feel my face heat up as she questioned my sudden interest in the club, and I couldn't make myself tell her that it was because of a boy I met at the tennis courts this weekend. I didn't have enough courage to turn in my application by myself, so I asked Tomo-chan to come with me. We met a lady on the way and we led her and her senpai to the Seigaku tennis courts.
 
Imagine my surprise when the very person who inspired me to join the tennis club was in the tennis court! What a lucky coincidence! I didn't realize I went to the same school as him! Tomo-chan dragged me forward for an introduction. I could tell that Tomo-chan liked him on the spot. I didn't know how I felt about that. I mean… she's my friend so I shouldn't begrudge her for admiring whoever she wants to admire, but it made me feel smaller somehow.
 
What was wrong with people admiring him? Not that he was the type of person to conduct his own cheering squad and go around calling himself “ore-sama” like a certain someone, but he didn't see what the relevance of that sentence was.
 
But I'm happy for her. Tomo-chan doesn't get to do a lot of things like join clubs on her free time because she always gets stuck babysitting her brothers. I'm the youngest in my family, even though I have no siblings, and I'm always the one who is being babysat, despite being twelve years of age already.
 
“Hmmmm,” Ryoma said to no one in particular. That explains her baby-ish attitude. Ryuzaki reminded him of a newborn lamb. Sweet, very mild-mannered, wobbly and not yet weaned. She was a real dear.
 
His cousin stayed with them, but not to babysit him at all. He was too old to be babysat. Wasn't Ryuzaki the same age as him?
 
The Juniors and Seniors were out today, so all that's left of the tennis club were the Freshmen and non-Regulars. There was a senpai named Momoshiro Takeshi there. He scared me when he challenged Ryoma-kun at first; it made me wonder if all senpai were naturally mean to their underclassmen.
 
Why did he want to crush Ryoma-kun before he started to bud, I wonder? The look on Ryoma-kun's eyes took away some of my fear. Ryoma-kun was as confident as always. He accepted the challenge and I secretly knew that he was going to do well. I don't know why but I just have such high confidence in him. He looks like one of those people who manages to succeed with little to no effort at all.
 
Ryoma smirked, despite himself.
 
I learned a new thing about tennis today. If the grip faces right side up, it's called smooth. If it's upside down, it's rough. I heard Horio-kun say so himself, and it must be true because he has two years worth of tennis experience. He even got to umpire the game, which was very cool. I wish I could say I had two years of tennis experience myself. Horio-kun is very lucky.
 
Momo-senpai is cool as well. He looked intimidating to me at first, because he's way taller than I am, and he scared me when he challenged Ryoma-kun, but I could tell that he is nothing like Sasabe-san or his band of misfits from the park. Momo-senpai is a class act.
 
Ryoma's brows furrowed, not liking how naïve and easily impressed Ryuzaki sounded. Why is it that she thought of everyone as `cool'? Even Horio, who is more of a clown than anything that resembles remotely `cool'.
 
I think that it's pretty cute how Tomo-chan had taken to calling Ryoma-kun “Ryoma-sama”. It sounds weird for some reason. I don't think I could call him that. I know it's silly but I like to think of him as my friend. He saved me, after all. It makes me glad that I met him outside of school and before I knew he was a Prince of Tennis. I'm happy that he has really great tennis skills, but I think I'll always remember him as the boy who saved me from getting hit by a racket instead of someone who could do a Twist Serve.
 
Ryoma had to resist the urge to smile at that and continued reading.
 
You know, when Ryoma-kun does his Twist Serve, he looks like he's suspended in the air for several seconds. It's like art in motion, it's so beautiful. Of course I couldn't help but marvel at how the ball goes straight for the opponent's face after it bounces as well, but I still like the part where he releases the ball and hangs gracefully in the air, just several inches off the ground, before he delivers the serve best.
 
Years of practicing indifference enabled Ryoma to keep the red out of his cheeks.
 
Maybe if I practice hard enough, I could come half as good as Ryoma-kun is at tennis. Haha, yeah right, as if that would ever happen! But I could dream, right? I don't think I could ever manage a serve that would knock the racket out of a senpai's hand like that… I don't even think I could do a proper serve as of this moment.
 
I bought my tennis gear over the weekend. I picked out a pink tennis bag and a pink racket. They're so cute! The tennis skirt is so pretty and I can't wait to test them out! Obaa-chan suggested that I practice my swings with my new racket, so I did, but all I ended up doing was knocking things around in my room. Note to self: Practice swings outside of the house.
 
Momo-senpai called it quits after Ryoma-kun switched hands from right to left, but I think it was because of his sprained foot, poor Momo-senpai. It wouldn't have looked bad at all even if he lost to Ryoma-kun at all. He's still our senpai and he's still cool in my book.
 
Somehow, Ryoma felt irritated at that. She sounded like some kind of Momo-senpai fangirl.
 
I embarrassed myself again today. Ryoma-kun didn't even remember me at all and I felt like dying then and there. I know I'm not a beauty worth remembering, but I didn't think that my face was THAT forgettable. I know I'm not attractive at all, not to mention that I'm too short as well, and my family likes to tease me that it's because I insist on wearing my hair so long that all the nutrients that my body needs to mature all go to my hair, but I just can't help it. I like my braids too much.
 
Maybe my looks will improve when I grow up. I hope so, even if it's only up to the point where people don't forget who I am or what I look like. It was a good thing that not a lot of people witnessed my humiliation. I could just find myself a rock and crawl under it until I feel comfortable again… I guess if you're talented and people flock to you, you wouldn't remember all the acquaintances that you meet either.
 
Tomo-chan consoled me by saying that Ryoma-kun probably sees a lot of people all the time and have their faces and names all mixed up. She's probably right… I'm just a nobody after all. Why would the Prince of Tennis even bother to remember my name, right?
 
She signed her name at the bottom again this time, but he noticed that it had only one heart scribbled on it, far less than the ones on her previous entry.
 
Ryoma felt his gut clench in guilt. He didn't know Ryuzaki had taken it THAT hard. He didn't bother paying much attention to much anything that didn't involve tennis. Come to think of it, he did remember who she was while he was walking home, so that counted for something, right?
 
Taku, girls can be so sensitive at times! He placed the notebook facedown and hopped off of the bed, irritated at himself for feeling irritated at himself after reading that entry.
 
He needed something to drink. He was thirsty.
 
∞∞∞∠;žâˆžâˆžâˆžâˆ&# 382;∞∞∞∞ ;∞∞∞∞&# 226;ˆžâˆžâˆžâˆžâ ;ˆžâˆžâˆžâˆžâ&# 710;žâˆžâˆžâˆžâˆ ;žâˆžâˆžâˆžâˆ&# 382;∞∞∞∞ ;∞∞∞∞&# 226;ˆžâˆžâˆžâˆžâ ;ˆžâˆžâˆžâˆžâ&# 710;žâˆžâˆžâˆžâˆ ;žâˆžâˆžâˆžâˆ&# 382;∞∞∞∞ ;∞
∞∞∞∠;žâˆžâˆžâˆžâˆ&# 382;∞∞∞∞ ;∞∞∞∞&# 226;ˆžâˆžâˆžâˆžâ ;ˆžâˆžâˆžâˆžâ&# 710;žâˆžâˆžâˆžâˆ ;žâˆžâˆžâˆžâˆ&# 382;∞∞∞∞ ;∞∞∞∞&# 226;ˆžâˆžâˆžâˆžâ ;ˆžâˆžâˆžâˆžâ&# 710;žâˆžâˆžâˆžâˆ ;žâˆžâˆžâˆžâˆ&# 382;∞∞∞∞ ;∞
 
Reviews will be much appreciated.