Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ New heart ❯ New student ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Ryoma was in his usual seat dozing, since waking up in the morning was not his forte. Students slowly filled the classroom and at the other corner were the "Prince Ryoma" fan club sighing in pure bliss seeing their Echizen.

"Did you hear, a new transfer student is coming."

"Yeah, I think she's from America……."

"It's a girl?"

"Yeah, I hope she's pretty……."

All the students went to their respective seats as the teacher entered, paying attention. Of course everyone except for Ryoma.

`That kid never listens……'

"Class, today we have a new transferred student from America, please come in……."

All the boys leaned forward hoping to see someone in skirt, however were disappointed as the person wore black pants instead. Suddenly mutterings filled the room. Curiously Ryoma opened his eyes. Sure enough that person was wearing black pants, but that was not what shocked everybody in class. "He" has pale blond hair neatly tied in a ponytail and eyes of midnight blue that looked unseeingly at the world. Almost everyone in the class sighed and agreed that "He" was definitely pretty.

"This is Caine Kindred, and she will be seating between Ryoma and Sakuno."

All the girls in "Prince Ryoma" fan club glared at her with anger flashing in their eyes. While Ryoma instead of raising his hand, just starred boringly at the teacher like it was the most obvious thing that HE was Ryoma.

"Erm….Ryoma could you kindly raise your hand since Sakuno is not here"

With that he raised his hand in a manner like it was against his will.

"Before we start class does anyone have a question for Caine?"

Students' hands automatically flew up.

"Yumi"

"Are you a girl or a guy?"

Giggling could be heard loudly. Caine just smile and answered.

"The teacher did say that I am a she."

Yumi huffed unwillingly, not admitting defeat she quickly asked another question.

"Then why do wear the boys uniform?"

Smirking, thinking that Caine would definitely be embarrassed.

"Well…."Caine just kept smiling (not like Fuji) "I don't really like wearing skirt. And since the school did not say that a girl wearing guy's uniform is against the rule."

Yumi's face immediately frowns and everyone raised his or her hands up again.

"Bairei"

"Which club are you going to join?"

"I'm thinking of joining some sports club"

"What kind of sports……"

Before Bairei could even ask , their teacher stopped him, insisting that its time for class. Caine simply walked towards her seat, although the mutterings could still be heard. Ryoma for some reason or another could not stop starring at Caine as class went on. When he realized what he was doing, Ryoma turned his head, blushing furiously he tried thinking of how to beat the buchou in tennis later.

During lunch time, Ryoma was walking down the corridor hastily.

`What's wrong with people these days…..' he thought as he encountered his "beloved " fan club more than once. Each time trying to rip his clothes apart. Spotting the vending machine at the corner, he reached his pocket for change. Fishing out for some coins, he saw someone with blond hair in front of it. Ryoma's blush took its place back on his cheeks.

`I'm going insane……..' he thought, since he never blush so much in a day before.

Ryoma kept his gaze on the floor, hoping that Caine would not notice he was as bright as a tomato. As she walked pass, he noticed that a can of Ponta was in her hand.

`So…, she likes Ponta also,'

Amused, he insert the coins into the machine……

`WHAT!! SHE BOUGHT THE LAST CAN!?'

Later when walking home, Ryoma nearly walking into a pole twice, he decided that if he don't stop thinking about Caine, he will die just by waling into poles.

When he reached the main gate, he noticed that there was light in the vacant house next to his. Since his father was on good term with the monk staying at the area, his family has been allowed to stay in one of the houses. The others of course belonged to the old monk, who left. So seeing one of the other houses being occupied was a mild surprise to him.

Stepping into the house, he noticed that the dining table was filled with many dishes of food. Before he could even ask what's the occasion…….

"We're having guest today son!" piped his "loving" Father.

Ryoma merely shrugged and settle on the couch. He was getting a headache from all the thinking about Caine. Karupin then pounce onto his lap and stretched.

"Hi."

Ryoma shift his gaze towards the one standing at the front door. Seeing Caine of all place at his house, Ryoma decided that he must really be losing it.

"Oh, you're here already. Why don't you just seat down, the food will be ready in a second." piped his father.

`What's going on?' thought Ryoma.

Although he was very curious, he didn't say a word. How could the ever so cool Ryoma not know anything. Before he realized the Siamese cat had jump off and onto the blonde's lap.

"Looks like Karupin has found a new master." Laughed his father. "Dinner's ready!"

During dinner Ryoma felt very uneasy. It was bad enough he has fallen for someone, but now that VERY person is sitting next to him, make it worse. Not listening to what Caine and his family members were talking about, Ryoma practically swallowed his dinner in one mouth and ran up towards his room.

Lying in bed Ryoma kept tossing and turning. Usually he could just doze off simply by closing his eyes, but now sleeping to him was even harder than trying to beat the buchou in tennis. Slowly after much effort he finally doze off.

Please Review.