Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ Rosenstein Academy ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
After everyone had fallen asleep, the plane was getting ready to land. Ryoma woke up suddenly and blinked. Outside, the sky was still gray with bits of sunshine flittering through the clouds. He turned his head to see Naoji with his blanket on his lap, and a book that he was reading last night on the floor. Yawning, he trudged over; picking up the fallen book, and delicately pulled the blanket from Naoji’s lap and covering him up from the cold. Naoji just shivered then just snuggled into the silk cloth that surrounded him. Smiling slightly, Ryoma pulled his two legs up then lean over to his own chair. There, he put himself to sleep, deeper than anyone else.
Ryoma was woken up by Fuji senpai shaking his shoulders. "Good morning, Echizen." Fuji smiled. Ryoma shuddered inwardly, not being accustomed to waking up to see a smiling face everyday. He relaxed a little as Fuji's face moved away, that was much too close was replaced with Naoji's. "Wake up Ryoma, we're back in America." he said in English. Then, the plane door opened, and the small flight of stairs was sent down. "Mr.Naoji, we've landed and your luggage is on the way to the school," a flight attendant informed. Smiling, Naoji went to gather his things.
"Ne, Ochibi, what is your old school like?” Eiji jumped on Ryoma.
"It’s...” Ryoma started
"Don’t worry, you’ll see soon enough." Naoji smiled from his chair.
"Hey! Naoji!"
"Alright, enough talk. We have to get off," Tezuka ordered.
A large limousine pulled up as everyone got off the plane. Mouths gaping, the group was escorted in and the car drove off. A few minutes later, the door opened again. Naoji and Ryoma got out with no hesitation.
"Ryoma! Naoji! Long time no see!" a tall orange haired boy called out. He stood with three others. One hand was placed inside a pocket, the other waving in the air. Another boy with ravishing blonde hair was smiling slightly from where he stood, he was as tall as the orange head boy, the third had silver-blonde hair, who was about Ryoma’s height smiled and waved. The fourth boy was slightly taller than the rest with bluish-purple hair and dark-amethyst eyes. They all wore one of the school's royal-body uniform, different from the rest of the students. The four boys looked like something taken out of Greek art; sparkling white teeth, neatly combed hair, with an air of superiority and dignity about them.
"Ed! Orphe! Camus! Lui! Good to see you again” Naoji greeted.
"Yo!" Ryoma inquired simply put his hand up slightly.
Currently, students were rushing out of the school buildings to mob Ryoma and Naoji
"Prince-sama! Prince-sama! How were you? Are you coming back? Come see how far our club has flourished!" rang throughout the crowd. Bodyguards now came to separate the flailing students from Ed, Orphe, Camus, Lui, Naoji, Ryoma and the tennis team.
Orphe, Lui and Ed stood back as they watch Camus jumped on Naoji and Ryoma “I missed you so much (sniffle) and I (sniffle) thought you weren’t (sniffle) coming back!” Camus cried.
"Why are you crying? Its alright, I'm here now, aren't I?" Ryoma was surprisingly gentle with his crying friend or so the tennis team thought. Eduard was now eyeing the regulars of Seigaku's tennis club. "Ryoma, who are these...people?" he inquired.
"They're my teammates," Ryoma replied.
"Ce Qui?!" What?!”
“What? Is something wrong?" he asked worriedly
"It’s nothing! Never mind them, let’s go to your welcome ceremony!" Eduard dragged Naoji, Camus, Ryoma with Lui and Orphe towards a building. They cross the front yard full of lush grass and towering trees.
Nearby were some cushioned benches made of Oakwood. The school buildings were made similar towards Greek architecture. Like them, they had statues of Greek deities around the front yard, as well as elaborately carved decorations on the walls. In the center of the walking pavement, was a large fountain, presumably made of marble, with a cupid shooting water out of the raised arrow. The auditorium was in the "East" as the school called it, instead of right.
"Oi, what are you waiting for? Hurry up; you wouldn't want to miss the initiation ceremony." Ryuuzaki-sensei said stepping out of the car.
When they got in thirty minutes later after seeing the principle's office, they were astounded to see Ryoma and his friends' states.
Ryoma wore white blazer with the school crest and light-blue shirt underneath. For pants he had white trousers on with black boots and a light-blue cape (from the anime ‘Meine Liebe’ that the candidates wear.) The other in similar clothing but different colours; Camus wore red blazers with the school crest and a cream-coloured shirt underneath, for pants he wore red school short instead of trousers and black boots with cream-coloured cape; Lui wore black blazers with school crest and purple shirt underneath, for pant he wore black trousers and black boots with a purple cape; Ed wore navy-blue blazers with school crest, for pants he wore navy-blue trousers and black boots with a red cape; Orphe wore blue blazers with the school crest and white shirt underneath, for pants he wore blue trousers and black boots with a white cape; finally Naoji who grey blazers with school crest and a golden chain that link from the blazer to his side, For pants he wore grey trousers and black boots.
“Now give a big welcome to our school’s honoured Royal Body” the announcer spoke out. On que, the entire student body population bust out.
“What’s with the getup?” Momo asked his coach.
“you’ll see how this school works sooner or later,” Ryuuzaki-sensei chuckled.

"Our school's Student President, Silvaner Camus, chose to take up Art as his elective. Our Head of security, Markgraf Eduard has taken up Research as his elective. Our King, The Student Council President, Liechtenstein Ludwig and Queen, Vice-President of the school council, Vongorz Orpherus has both taken place as our champions for the Elite fencing team. Our Head of Treasury and Captain of The Elite Archery club, Ishizuki Naoji has decided to take a course in our prestigious quire class and remains Captain of the Archery club. Our prince and Captain of our prestigious Tennis Club, Echizen Ryoma, is the infamous ex-player of our tennis team.
Now, see these fine models our classes have produced, and seek out your destined elective. Our school requires you to. Since I have nothing more to say, go on with the welcome party," the announcer finished.
Once the teachers were out, balloons were released into the air, and cups were clinked together. Someone turned on the music and lights that danced across people's faces into a rainbow charade.
The six celebrated students, however, smuggled themselves out and into the front yard. "Aah, do we have to go through that every year?!" Camus complained in a pouting voice.
"Che, 'Now, see these fine models'" Ryoma mimicked, "we're just students, sheesh!"
"Why? Je, cependant, apprécier l'attention!" (I, however, appreciate the attention.) Ed pointed to himself in a dramatic manner.
Naoji and Orphe laughed sheepishly while Lui remain silent. "O-chiiibiiiiiiii!" Eiji's voice called out as he ran to Ryoma. Ed pushed Eiji away before he was able to jump his friend.
"Hoi? Nandeo?!!" Eiji got up.
Ryuzaki sensei came in to stop the fight. "First, let's get you into a house."
"House?" Inui had his notebook open.
"Hai. There are hundreds of houses, which look like an actual house. The amount of rooms varies on the size. Inside, are game systems, TVs, beds, dining tables, sofas, and every other thing a child has at home. Even rooms, such as studies, kitchens, living rooms, dining rooms, and etc. Claremont Academy tries to give the school an 'at-home' feeling. For now, we will be in a house together." Camus spoke up, "and we each get our own room."
After being given the keys and the information that their luggage had been delivered, the gang went inside. They found that their luggage had also been unpacked.
Then, Fuji noticed something. On Camus's right hand on the ring finger was a ring- a silver band with etchings on it. In the middle was a diamond circle, with two small Ruby hearts on either side of the precious gem. Ryoma had an identical ring on a silver chain around his neck. He opened his mouth to question them, but decided to do so later.
Everyone got settled in, and in their pajamas, came together in the living room. Ria had made cocoa for everyone and sat himself down next to Ryoma. Fuji thought that now would be the best time to ask, "Neh, Camus, Ryoma. I noticed that you have the same ring-is it by chance?" Ryoma twitched, then shrugged. Camus blushes tried to sneak away, but was grabbed by Ryoma, "No, Camus! You are not running away without me."
"The ring is-" Ed's mouth was blocked by Camus and Ryoma.
Then Lui opened his mouth-"The ring is their engagement ring."
The regulars were left speechless.
"E-en-engagement ring?" Oishi asked.
Orphe sighed. "it was arranged before they were born. So don't blame us, it’s because of their parents."
“But!! You’re both boys!!” The regulars minus Fuji, Tezuka and Inui who kept muttering “Ah, Data”.